Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    I'm looking forward to this, I like a big 'ta da!' moment.
    I don't ever want to see your internet browser history!!

Comment

What's everyone wearing for the event?

Comment

Apparently the price/launch info have leaked. This leaker says no price/launch info or console reveal today.
        Last edited by Digfox; 11-06-2020, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          What's everyone wearing for the event?
          As always for a console reveal, black tie.

Comment

Are we thinking pre-orders will start tonight or at a later date when the price and release date are announced?

Comment

Seen online a rumour that the final console reveal will be on 7th July on the PSBlog.

This would be the 20th anniversary of the launch of the PSOne.

Pricing rumoured to be $499 / £449.

I've had emails from ShopTo, The game collection saying about the livestream and how they'll update with info once it's done. Not sure how they can take pre-orders without a concrete date or price.

Comment

I thought they would start soon after the reveal (not necessarily right after) although the suggestion that Sony will hold back price, console design and release date until July does sound believable too.

Comment

£449 sounds plausible and you can practically hear the inevitable XSX is £429 announcement shortly after already

Comment

Ugh, I really hope they don't hold back all the crucial info till next month. It'll be a serious blue balls moment if so.

Comment

£599.99

Sony will unveil PlayStation 5 games later today through an online event. Sony is holding an online event later today to give us our first look at the...

Comment

£450 is right. At £600 you put people off. Theyll sell at a loss in order to get people in the bubble. Like I said earlier 'Gillette model'. Gillette sell the razor at a loss, but it's the sale of the blades were they make the money.

Comment

600 quid would cause a lot of people to pull out the facepalm memes and rightfully so.

Comment

" while most of the listing is obviously a placeholder, the price is too specific for it to be random."

What's specific about £599? That's reaching, it's literally only specific in terms of being comfortably above what any version of the console might ever be RRP'd at and not so high it causes them a headache if anyone was accidentally charged

Comment

There may be different bundles, like the PS4 did at launch.

Comment

£599 could be the price of a 2TB version maybe. £150 more than the 1TB version for those with deep pockets and an unquenchable thirst for high speed storage.

As a base price it's ridiculous, no way it'll be that high.

Comment

Working...
                                X