No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Sony for making it white , when everything I have under my tv is black., takes me back to when the Wii was under the TV

not happy I cant get a black one I might just paint it.

Comment

Bit underwhelming. I expect Spidey will be decent ... same with Resi 8 ... apart from that can't say I'm all that hyped.

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
      LOL its look like the old SKY Box

got to give you that one

Comment

How much does a UHD drive add to the price?

No UHD drive, bigger SSD maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
          What actually is a teraflop and what does it do? I have no ****ing idea.
          In case you're serious:

FLOP = FLoating point OPeration, e.g. 3.14 + 2.79 (as opposed to integer operation e.g. 4 + 5)
          Teraflop = 1 Trillion FLOPs

So, a PS5 could do a sum like that one above 10,000,000,000,000 times in 1 second and a Series X could do 14,000,000,000,000 of them.

Comment

Underwhelming? Jesus you guys are jaded. They SMASHED it with that reveal. Game after game after game and then a hardware reveal to cherry on top.

Day 1 for me, even if it does look like a sky box 😁

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
              Thanks Sony for making it white , when everything I have under my tv is black., takes me back to when the Wii was under the TV

not happy I cant get a black one I might just paint it.
              This is true. I have all black too and is part of the reason I never got a one s when they were cheap. White would stand out too much under the TV too. I might put it behind a door!

Comment

disappointing. Demons Souls was my take away.

Comment

I don’t know what to think why on earth did Sony start with GTA 5. , it looks like the same Games as always but a bit better looking.

I bet nothing as good as last of us 2 is around for years yet .

Comment

Yeah, I’m in the slightly underwhelmed camp too. Couple of original games looked good. And Resi and Horizon were okay. But Demon’s Souls! Even if it was a bit too vibrant for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                      Lol, someone on Resetera linked to the old Phantom...

The PS5 pad definitely has that vibe.
                      Looks like that person on Resetera called it.

My initial thoughts:

2021. Lighting.
                      Megaton at the end with 2 versions.
                      Presentation was very slick - great mix of gameplay/trailers.
                      GTA V/Online 2021 was too long and really bad opening.
                      Far Shore - looking interesting
                      Little Devil Inside - wow, very well done trailer.
                      Audio was stunning for a presentation - best I can remember. Higher bitrate, professionally produced or way it was recorded.
                      Hope that Sense headset isn't the only way to get VSS/3D audio.

Not many games that I'm personally that excited for, but it was a very, very strong showing.

Comment

4k trailers are up on YouTube.

Horizon looks stupidly good as does Ratchet & Clank and Spidey.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Underwhelming? Jesus you guys are jaded. They SMASHED it with that reveal. Game after game after game and then a hardware reveal to cherry on top.

Day 1 for me, even if it does look like a sky box ��
                          I wouldn't say smashed it but the expected titles like Spidey, GT7, Horizon 2 etc... All look as good as expected.

The filler stuff, game after game... Not much there for me besides a few interesting titles like Little Devils Inside and Deathloop.

Sackboy, Bugsnax? Some of it was a bit cringe worthy and I don't really like the console design... But the format of the session was spot on and having a hardware reveal was great (about time!)

Comment

Btw I was surprised Deathloop dropped a few swear words... That actually caught my attention!

Comment

Why won’t Microsoft or Sony just tell us the price , so I can know how much I need , just tell us please.

Comment

From my grumpy, OCD perspective I think I'll have to go digital as the disc drive throws off the symmetry .

Comment

Working...
                                X