No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think either console looks very good. One is a massive rectangle and the other is a sky box.

I don't think a single one of those games would make me buy a PS5 on day 1. If Resi 8 is VR I'm in with that.

Comment

Cutting 20 mins of the smaller scale stuff and doing a separate stream for them in about a fortnight would have made this one tighter and stopped it getting winded before the last three big reveals landed.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas View Post
        Why won’t Microsoft or Sony just tell us the price , so I can know how much I need , just tell us please.
        They are playing a game of chicken to see who blinks first. Whoever is more expensive will then match but will look like a loser.

Comment

X box for me. This being white , I will wait until they give us a black one .

Comment

You have five months to find an extra £150, buy and Xbox One S and then you can have both games line ups and place the S in front of the PS5

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
              In case you're serious:

FLOP = FLoating point OPeration, e.g. 3.14 + 2.79 (as opposed to integer operation e.g. 4 + 5)
              Teraflop = 1 Trillion FLOPs

So, a PS5 could do a sum like that one above 10,000,000,000,000 times in 1 second and a Series X could do 14,000,000,000,000 of them.
              I honestly don't think it's going to make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Multi-platform games will have a slight resolution bump on the Series X (maybe) but FIFA, COD etc will all be much of a muchness.

It will be in 18 months - 2 years when Microsoft start making Series X exclusives that the extra power will come into play.

Exciting times. It's Sony's game to lose really.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                4k trailers are up on YouTube.

Horizon looks stupidly good as does Ratchet & Clank and Spidey.
                Can’t wait until my shift is over and I can watch them on the Oled. Using an iPad with a compressed stream isn’t the best impression.

Comment

I'm not a Ratchet & Clark fan but that easily stole the show for Sony's launch games. We barely saw Spiderman Miles and HZD 2 trailer was stunning but short and quite generic. I'm sure that will come to the fore was with much more shown over the next few weeks/months.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    Yeah that was my impression as well.

-edit-

Oh....
                    is this it? **** off. It can’t be, right????

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      is this it? **** off. It can’t be, right????
                      It is.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        It is.
                        One of them

Comment

It takes some getting used to but immediately makes a better first impression than the PS2, PS3, PS4 or Pro did. Looks better vertical mind

Comment

The amount of stuff going on in the Ratchet trailer in terms of particles and the dimensional changes is just phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              It takes some getting used to but immediately makes a better first impression than the PS2, PS3, PS4 or Pro did. Looks better vertical mind
                              You think? It’s the worst looking PlayStation yet if you ask me, from a design point of view it’s pig ugly.

Comment

I love this guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X