Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hudson View Post
    "Entirely rebuilt from the ground up and masterfully enhanced, this remake invites you to experience the unsettling story and ruthless combat of Demon’s Souls in unparalleled visual quality and incredible performance."

Pretty sure they updated this quote on their YouTube channel as I'm sure it said that it will have a switchable mode where framerate will be king and another for best graphical fidelity.

Comment

Well I’m pretty happy with that Even like the console aesthetic

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Was just going to post this. Awesome move. Astro bot is the great unsung game of this generation, great news that its sequel is getting pre loaded.
        The PS4 did this with The Playroom loaded onto every PS4 (for the camera). I just thought it was the same sort of mini-game/tech demo thing again, not a sequel.

This isn't legit is it?

Comment

Pretty much, presumably it's all the ventilation leading to the large build... that or they just want to give themselves plenty wiggle room for the inevitable 2023 release of the PlayStation 5 Slim

One aside - seriously, what the hell when it comes to GTA5? It didn't even look on par with the PC version in the trailer, it'll be 9 years old next year, it's a god damned PS3 game and surely - surely - PS5 should run it via backwards compatibility? Awful.

Comment

Comment

Unless they come up with a way to get hold of digital PS4 copies of your physical games you're going to need a disc drive to play back cat stuff.

Comment

Those leaks did say is was going to be big. Just the image looked a bit 'mocked up'.

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                Unless they come up with a way to get hold of digital PS4 copies of your physical games you're going to need a disc drive to play back cat stuff.
                For those of us that are already all digital, hopefully there is a nice saving for not having the 4K BR drive. Probably not, but I don't personally need it.

Comment

I think it looks rather swish.

I don’t really care, as long as it has a good line up after a couple of years. Nobody in their right mind buys a game console based on the wank factor of its aesthetics. The PS2 looked like a dog and it’s pretty much my favourite console.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                    Does feel like the discless version was the primary design and a blu-ray drive was just slapped on for the disc version.
                    Yeah the digital version actually looks better with its symmetry but that bulge on the disc version just looks like it's a shoe-in

Comment

Waiting for the Slim. By which time there’ll be a great software line-up.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        The new Astrobot title is pre-loaded on the PS5 to show what the Dual Sense can do.
                        Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                        The PS4 did this with The Playroom loaded onto every PS4 (for the camera). I just thought it was the same sort of mini-game/tech demo thing again, not a sequel.

This isn't legit is it?

No way thats legit size wise. Id expect it to be about the same overall dimensions as the ps4 pro personally, bit wider maybe.

The entire form factor seems to be built around ventilation.

Comment

Well, I can't imagine the inevitable 'slim' redesign not being an improvement. That looked like a router.

Comment

You can tell by the controller the dimensions aren't correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post

This isn't legit is it?

****ing hell its massive!

Comment

If they half its size for the Slim model then it should be called the PlayStation 5 Taco

Comment

Working...
                                X