No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the aesthetics of the machine, and some exciting games announced - when 'Village' turned into 'VIII', I was all 'WoooooAAaAahhHH!"

Demon's Souls was a great one to see too - I've never played the original but would be very keen for a remake having played and loved some of the later Souls games.

There was nothing that screamed next gen graphically - I think we'll be waiting two to three years to see anything that really starts to look like stuff that couldn't have been done on the current gen - but I did think Ratchet and Clank seemed to show some stuff that took advantage of the SSD speeds, with the leaping between dimensions instantly.

Glad to see some people on here like how the machine looks. I logged on with trepidation as I knew most on here would absolutely hate it. Really like that they've gone for something different, organic, and futuristic. It doesn't look like a PC in a box, and that makes me happy.

Comment

The saving on the digital version has to be significant doesn't it? I mean, if its like £50 cheaper, then you'll lose out on your saving after only a couple digital purchases as they are always more expensive than what you can find physical games for. Also no back compat with your PS4 discs.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
        The saving on the digital version has to be significant doesn't it? I mean, if its like £50 cheaper, then you'll lose out on your saving after only a couple digital purchases as they are always more expensive than what you can find physical games for. Also no back compat with your PS4 discs.
        Probably £50 to £100 cheaper if I had to guess. Not worth it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post

Astrobot is sackboy in a spacesuit.
          Don't. You. Dare!!

Comment

Never thought I'd wish it looked like an xbox one x

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              If they half its size for the Slim model then it should be called the PlayStation 5 Taco
              PS Samosa, just throwing that out there even if makes no sense. Add a 5 instead of the S.

Comment

Twenty exclusives would approx cost me £960 assuming each costs the £54.99 at launch that Sony is currently charging for TLOU2 and Ghosts if buying via the digital only model and buying PSN credit via cheaper online store options.

The same number of games on disc via online retailer would cost £1000, minus trade value assuming completing most of the games within the first fortnight or release and getting the bottom ballpark of £32 CEX usually goes for would generate £608 - deduct that and the twenty exclusives would cost me a grand total of £392

Unless you hate the sight of disc boxes or... live on a boat in the ocean etc then the digital only option is never the way to go when trying to pursue the cheapest path. You pay for that disc drive many times over even if your unit doesn't have one fitted and you're likely going to need that money... for a bigger SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  If MS studios and the 12 Teraflops can't beat this, they deserve to be shot
                  MS deserve worse just for Windows lol let's leave their gaming unit, after 360 hardware fiasco. That gen had a hardware holocaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    Unless you hate the sight of disc boxes or... live on a boat in the ocean etc then the digital only option is never the way to go when trying to pursue the cheapest path. You pay for that disc drive many times over even if your unit doesn't have one fitted and you're likely going to need that money... for a bigger SSD.
                    I don't have preference for either, but with PS Now, Game Pass and a large backlog (a lot of GwG or PS+) I'm rarely buying games. Also with games costing £70-100 for full/gold/ultimate versions at launch that's more reason to wait on games. The digital discounts are getting better too. I got AC: Ody 6-months after launch for 50% off which suited me just fine. When I did sell on games I'd lost loads because I have the game sat on my shelves for so long.

So I think it just depends on how you play your games, I'd take a big saving on a disc drive. Since launch of the PS4 I've bought a handful of games on disc, and I have one left (Kingdom Hearts The Story so Far). I didn't plan it that way, it just happened.

Comment

No matter how ugly I find it, or how underwhelmed I am by the couple of game videos I’ve watched, I know that it’ll still end up being my next console. I still feel so burnt by Xbox I could just never go back to a MS console, and Nintendo just don’t register on my radar. For once though, I’m guessing it’ll be way down the line before I buy in. Like WAY down the line.

Comment

Ratchet and clank looked to be the only game making use of this super SSD, and even then it was all on rails sliding down a slope crap infesting every 3rd person action game, plus it plays exactly like HD remaster they did, boring Ps2 drivel.

Spiderman looked nice but is a known quantity

Horizon 2 looked interesting until they showed human enemies, enjoy hiding in bushes stealth gameplay...

capcom's (CGI movie of) Pragmata looked interesting but is years off

Ghostwire and Destruction Allstars(terrible name) looked awesome.

I would like to play a new Hitman and Souls.

everything else meh.

Ps5 looks like my Router.

Show was millions times better than that rubbish xbox 3rd party one, but most of those 26 games will appear elsewhere, and i've already forgotten most of what they showed by the end of it.
                        Last edited by Tobal; 11-06-2020, 23:51.

Comment

The PS5 design makes the Series X look extremely elegant by comparison.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 12-06-2020, 01:08.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

There was nothing that screamed next gen graphically - I think we'll be waiting two to three years to see anything that really starts to look like stuff that couldn't have been done on the current gen - but I did think Ratchet and Clank seemed to show some stuff that took advantage of the SSD speeds, with the leaping between dimensions instantly.
                            Yeah I was initially underwhelmed with what was shown as there was nothing there that couldn’t be done on a PS4, theres definitely no large generational leap like there was for the PS2 > PS3. However the stream I was watching was a highly compressed 1080p youtube video with standard dynamic range, the main standard that PS5 will be aiming at is 4K at 60/120fps with zero loading times with HDR and ray tracing so the games will look much better in person and although it might seem like a minor upgrade it will be one of those where it’s difficult to go back once you’re used to playing with all those features.

I really love the design of the console itself, in fact it might be one of my favourite console designs ever (others being the white xbox one x, wii and super nt). Although I do hope that all of my PS4 games are backwards compatible as the PS5 is an absolute beast In size and I wont have room for both systems

Comment

Here’s a list of the games (in order) shown in the reveal, EGS is Epic Game Store.

GTA V (PS5/XSX) Late 2021
                              Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5) Winter 2020
                              Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
                              Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PS5)
                              Project Athia (PS5)
                              Stray (PS5/Steam) 2021
                              Returnal (PS5)
                              Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)
                              Destruction All Stars (PS5)
                              Kena: Blade of Spirits (PS4/PS5/EGS)
                              Goodbye Volcano High (PS4/PS5/EGS) 2021
                              Oddworld: Soulstorm (PS4/PS5/EGS)
                              Ghostwire: Tokyo (PS5/PC) timed console exclusive
                              JETT: The Far Shore (PS4/PS5/EGS) 2020
                              Godfall (PS5/EGS) console exclusive 2020
                              Solar Ash (PS5/EGS) 2021
                              Hitman 3 (PS4/PS5/XBO/XSX/PC) 2021 Jan
                              Astro’s Playroom (PS5) 2020
                              Little Devil Inside (PS5/XSX/PC)
                              NBA 2k21 (PS4/PS5/XSX) 2020
                              Bugsnax (PS4/PS5/EGS) 2020
                              Demon’s Souls (PS5)
                              Deathloop (PS5/PC) timed console exclusive
                              Resident Evil Village (PS5/XSX)
                              Pragmata (PS5/XSX)
                              Horizon Forbidden West (PS5)
                              Last edited by Family Fry; 12-06-2020, 03:19.

Comment

What the EGS stand for?

Comment

Working...
                                X