General gaming questions that aren't thread worthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaki Matar View Post
    Looks like a mobile phone on a switch style dock for TV output + USB controllers.
    *hands prize for "Most observant member" to Zaki*

I'm talking about the Rick Dangerous looking game in the background, fool!

Comment

Comment

Why do those Zen Pinball people release the same stuff sometimes under the Zen Pinball name and sometimes the Pinball FX name? It seems weird.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
          If I get this...

Will it work with this,

so I can use one set of headphones on both consoles?
          Did this get answered?

Comment

No, I just ended up buying a Turtle Beach 50P headset which allows you to swear at random people on both Xbox and PlayStation. Result.

Well, I asked the guy in Smyths and he reckoned the Sony headsets break easily and the newer Xbox pads have a standard plug on the bottom anyway. So I just got the 50P for the boy as it was only 30 quid.

Comment

Sorry I didn’t see this.
              The headset adapter is an older product for older Xbox One pads that didn’t have the 3.5mm jack, all pads now have the jack and the dashboard now has mic monitoring and volume controls.
              Back in’t day the adapter was only way to control headset volume and use actual headphones.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                No, I just ended up buying a Turtle Beach 50P headset which allows you to swear at random people on both Xbox and PlayStation. Result.

Well, I asked the guy in Smyths and he reckoned the Sony headsets break easily and the newer Xbox pads have a standard plug on the bottom anyway. So I just got the 50P for the boy as it was only 30 quid.
                I genuinely thought you had an absolute bargain until I realised that 50P is the headphones product name, rather than its price...

Comment

I enjoyed Skyrim very much - what is another very similar game?

I don't play online, so I assume The Elder Scolls Online would be a waste of time for me.

Besides Oblivion, I mean.

Comment

Coincidence alert! I was gonna ask a question about whether playing Skyrim first would ruin Oblivion. But deep in my mind I'd say just play the game, makes more sense playing than thinking about playing.

Fallout 3 is like a reskinned version, in a sense, New Vegas as well. Then you got the Risen games and the Two Worlds games. I'm talking last gen here btw, in line with what Skyrim is.

There are looooooads more but Fallout 3 if you haven't already.

ANYWAY

My unthreadworthy question is about a lass at work who used to work at my local Blockbuster, she was trying to describe this Final Fantasy 7 limited edition thing her hubby had, apparently it included a memory card.

I was trying to value it for her on eBay, couldn't find it, part of me reckons she's getting confused a bit and feeding me wonky data but would like to give the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone know of this?

Comment

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning as well???

Never really played it, bought digi version on 360 XBLA and it always went corrupt after each sesh.

Supposed to be a 'hidden gem', apparently, but even Phantom 2040 on MD is these days, it's hard to *know*...

Comment

Has not had, btw. The hubby still has it.

Comment

For me, playing Skyrim first did indeed ruin Oblivion - some of the changes which make Skyrim more user-friendly are too hard to do without.

Comment

Question now is:

Is the ruination worth the effort?

Or am I missing summat sexay?

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Coincidence alert! I was gonna ask a question about whether playing Skyrim first would ruin Oblivion. But deep in my mind I'd say just play the game, makes more sense playing than thinking about playing.

Fallout 3 is like a reskinned version, in a sense, New Vegas as well. Then you got the Risen games and the Two Worlds games. I'm talking last gen here btw, in line with what Skyrim is.

There are looooooads more but Fallout 3 if you haven't already.

ANYWAY

My unthreadworthy question is about a lass at work who used to work at my local Blockbuster, she was trying to describe this Final Fantasy 7 limited edition thing her hubby had, apparently it included a memory card.

I was trying to value it for her on eBay, couldn't find it, part of me reckons she's getting confused a bit and feeding me wonky data but would like to give the benefit of the doubt.

Anyone know of this?
                              You sure she doesn’t mean FF8? FF7 has no LE in the UK, FF8 did though. It had a white rectangular box with Squall on the front, and came with the game, a T Shirt and a memory card?

Comment

I really thought your question was going to go more like this:

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

Should I try and pull her?

Comment

Working...
                                X