This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
    I was sick as a dog, so only had a few hours of gaming. Finished Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. Played some Concrete Genie and probably four or five hours of Witcher 3 on Switch. Might be janky when compared with the big box consoles and PC versions but the convenience of being handheld is ace.
    Sorry to hear you weren't well. I hope you're feeling better.

I absolutely loved EGTT Rapture. Stuck with me for ages. Totally different to anything else I've played before.

Managed to nab my son's Switch for a bit and played some Shadow Dancer MD.
    Still remembered loads of the tips and tricks and I play the game with shurikens switched off because I'm that hardcore.

Comment

Pokemon Sword
      Just approaching the sixth Gym Challenge now so sticking it out. It's definitely been a stark reminder as a game as to how simplistic Pokemon is and how easily los tmy attention span for JRPGs these days is. That the game is so easy is what's kept me engaged rather than the game actually being that great.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
      This frustrating yet addictive git of a game. Still having issues with it for performance but not as bad as before and the underlying gameplay is good enough to have that hook that recent year entries have missed. The game is still too short on maps but it's good stuff.

Black Mesa
      It's finally finished with Xen now added to the game. It's a nicely done remake of Half-Life even if it itself still looks and plays very dated.

Comment

Zelda: Link’s Awakening

Beautiful. Wife’s playing it because I played the GB one before(and am currently not-really-enjoying Shenmue 3).

Mario Kart 8

We tried playing online. Not a single hiccup, and it’s much more fun than offline, even though we get destroyed. I’m learning secret shortcuts from other players, too.

Comment

I played the Resident Evil 2 remake again (Leon/Claire scenarios). Although I thought it can't be that scary and tense again, it was (a testament to how well-designed and atmospheric the remake is). Its put me in the right state of mind for the RE3 remake which I'm sure will be tense and stressful in equal measure.

I additionally managed to finally play through DMCV. It looks great, plays great and definitively answers a couple of questions in the series (i.e a family connection is now categorically canon).

I've also returned this weekend to Trails of Cold Steel III. The game's great when you get to use all the tools at your disposal in battle. I'm also liking the new Class VII more as the game goes on which is helpful. Members of the old Class VII appear whichever is great and rewarding for players of the first two titles but thankfully they don't overshadow the new faces too much. Graphically it looks better than the previous entries but don't expect high-end realism. The OST is also strong again which is something I've come to expect from Falcom-developed titles.

Hopefully I'll have this finished by the end of the month (my main criticism would be that story scenes can drag on and make you hanker for a return to the game proper). I do appreciate its mostly to develop the story and world in a good manner and the game does touch on a few dark subjects (massacring of a town/village to instigate a war, etc.).
          Last edited by Paddy; 04-01-2020, 21:58.

Comment

My turn to get up with the kids.
            Son was playing Pokémon Shield, daughter was watching CBeebies Panto and Snail and the Whale, whilst I fired up Forza Horizon 4.

Finally unlocked the marketplace and looked for a Lotus Esprit Turbo, only to find it's not in Horizon 4, but Motorsport 4, d'oh!

It's still lots of fun and really varied with street races at night, jumps and rallying, where the same course is different depending on the weather.

I think I want a Lambo garage like PGR3.

Comment

The bond lotus is in horizon???

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                The bond lotus is in horizon???

You have to buy the Bond pack, which is also included with the Ultimate Edition of the game. I bough Ultimate in the sale -- you get all the extra content that's been made so far. Fortune Island is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

You have to buy the Bond pack, which is also included with the Ultimate Edition of the game. I bough Ultimate in the sale -- you get all the extra content that's been made so far. Fortune Island is excellent.

SEX

Comment

After mentioning it in the DS thread, I've been playing Loopop Cube Lup Salad. Lovely puzzle game.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post

I only really want the Lotus, but loads of people are flogging it in the auction house, including the sub mode, so will get that when I win a few more credits.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        I only really want the Lotus, but loads of people are flogging it in the auction house, including the sub mode, so will get that when I win a few more credits.
                        I’m pretty sure you still need to have bought the dlc to be able to buy it in the auction house.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Yeah it doesn’t look like that is possible unfortunately, although you can buy cars individually for £2.99 each according to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

SEX
                            I might buy a nice diecast model of that Bond Lotus. Depends if there's a 1:24 scale model available -- I don't like tiny models.

Comment

Dead or School on the PS4. It's actually a really decent metroidvania, so don't listen to anything Luca says!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X