Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frostpunk and some game called Sword Art Online Bullet Fatal, which I have no idea whats going on when you play it

Comment

Just a bit more Half-Life.

Comment

Went overboard a bit with Modern Warfare on Friday night and binged it for six hours solid. Then played it for another four hours on Saturday. Um.

It's fun, a lot of fun, but it's like sitting there stuffing yourself with sweets. Enjoyable at the time, certainly moreish, but basically unsatisfying. And you kind of feel bad about yourself afterwards.

On Saturday I was playing with a mate which was great in the 2v2 Gunfight mode in particular. For the uninitiated this pits two teams of two against one another on special small maps. The weapons are selected for you, so everyone has the same one, and each round is permadeath - no respawn. First team to win six rounds wins the match. Good with a random but terrific with a mate.

It's weird how much I've gotten into this. I never play online. The last online multiplayer game I got into in was Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU.

Comment

I've had to pull my clawed fingertips off Modern Warfare. I'm 39 longshot kills away from completely maxing everything on a weapon but it's an arduous yet addictive task as the weapons ill suited to it but the game is so moreish. I've uninstalled it for now to force me to play something else... I can feel the games in my backlog cower in fear.

The focus this week:

Black Mesa
          Resident Evil 6

Comment

I was listening to the Lost Spark podcast and they were really excited when the last CoD came out - possibly the MW remake?
            I realised I've been a bit sniffy about CoD, because it's a game for the masses, like FIFA, but the ones I've played (2, MW, MW2) I've really enjoyed in single player.

Sadly, none of them are in Games Pass, so I guess I won't be playing them any time soon, but a few of them are about a tenner at CEX.

Comment

The last game to come out isn’t a remake but a new game. It’s just called ‘Modern Warfare’, in one of those confusing numbering-restarts.

I played a fair bit of the very first game on PC, then the next one I played was MW2 which was great in multiplayer, then a lot of splitscreen Black Ops. 4 player Nuke Town was a lot of fun with housemates.

I next played Black Ops 3, which I purchased expressly for the splitscreen campaign. It was a laugh to play through, but overall it was a pretty bad game.

This new one is much better. The campaign is a real class act - a fast moving, varied ~5 hour action movie, with a ‘ripped from the headlines’ storyline about an Al Qaeda analogue and domestic terrorism.

And the multiplayer is just terrifyingly addictive. It’s one of those games that just feels good to control. Very smooth, very slick.

Of course the whole thing is one big piece of propaganda so you do need to look past that

Comment

Juggling a few things lately.

After coming down off the last MHW: Iceborne event, I'm got the ball rolling on Demon's Tilt and Neo Cab. I finished Untitled Goose Game, and I'm a good few hours into Wattam. The temptation of Spelunky is always there whenever my PS4 is on, but I'm even more drawn now to Crypt of the Necrodancer than I ever have been before. After such a long time getting my first clear late last year, I'm definitely finding myself improving. I've had two clears this year alone, which is a very satisfying result.

Comment

Been dipping into Esp.Ra.De Psi on PS4. I think I may have found a new favourite Cave shmup. This feels like peak Cave to me and I look forward to still being rubbish at it for years to come.

Comment

The Typing of the Dead (JP/DC)

I've loved this game for years. I played it thirteen years ago in Japan and then bought it on DC along with a JP keyboard to practice, should I ever return. Fast-forward to today, and I've played it twice in the arcade because it's so difficult to find.

I realised this weekend I could just play it on a DC emulator...

...and I did! And it's wicked! The emulator doesn't recognise the Yen key(something to do with keyboard layouts), but that's not a huge issue. The point is I can play it whenever I damn well please

TYPE OR DIE

Comment

I LOVE tjhat gamw!

In facet, I can bolsy claim that withpouyt tha6t game, I wouldnl;t be able to touch tupe as great as I can now!

Comment

I'm... dare I say it... struggling with Black Mesa?

It's well done but I think, for me, it's reached the point where Half-Life has just aged too much. Progress is easy enough but it's just too samey and basic a game these days.

Comment

Weird, because I'm playing the original (again) and still loving it.

You say "samey", but there's so much invention in this game.
                          I've just fallen down a sewer, emerged atop a mountain, destroyed a helicopter, dodged a tank, evaded snipers and mines, then snuck past a booby-trapped missile silo.

Each to their own...

Comment

I remember it feeling more like a place but there's a bit too much grey corridor wandering atm. I'm still fairly early on in and I'm going to try sticking with it as I always recalled preferring it to HL2.

Comment

Been absolutely hooked on 360 DARKSIDERS 2, had no Internet yesterday and played it for over ten hours straight!

I mean, it's a bit rough around the edges and the jumping's fiddly and there are a few little glitches and frame drops thru BC but it's somehow got a *comfiness* to it that just keeps me playing, and the platforming is pretty nifty fun.

A very happy £1 spent at CEX last week.

Comment

Just reached Chapter IV in The Witcher. Game's got me hooked.

Also, Dice Poker is quite addictive and I wouldn't mind trying it in real life.

Comment

Working...
                                X