Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha - those are the best bits in these kind of games. The extended impromptu missions to try and get into places you're not supposed to be.

Comment

I'm a sod for that.

"you can't drive a car to the top of the tallest skyscraper in Crackdown."
      "Oh can't I?"
      Spends 2 hours driving a car up the stairs to the top of the tallest skyscraper in Crackdown.

"You can't fly into the movie studios in GTA Vice City."
      "Oh can't I?"
      Spends 2 hours getting the Dodo plane into the movie studios in GTA Vice City.

"You can't get into closed houses on Red Deaed Redemption 2".
      "Oh can't I?"
      Spends the night using a glitch to get into all the buildings I shouldn't be able to get into on RDR2.

Comment

You can't play EDF5 anymore chompy.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          You can't play EDF5 anymore chompy.
          I promise I'll get it next time there's a sale.

Comment

Cheapskate Ravager whore.

Comment

Took a break from New Vegas today, found myself playing HARD CORPS: UPRISING instead, had it years but this is the first time I've played it past Stage 2, I'm just grinding and levelling up and it gets easier and easier.

It's a very strange game, it's brilliant to play and the presentation is nice but the level and boss design is a bit meh and uninspired, a lot of the time it looks like the STRIDER reboot but not quite as stylish.

However, it's still very, very good, it plays like a dream and I will proper cane it. But it's not touched by genius like Contra 3 was.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                Cheapskate Ravager whore.
                Still waiting on your essay on EDF.
                Half-term is coming up. Maybe then?

Comment

Not played PSVR for a while, so I dug out the headset and started the second world of Astrobot .

I know I'm late to the party, but this really is an astonishing game. Everything is just brilliant.
                  The levels are fun to play and provide reasonably challenging platforming action.
                  The levels themselves are really inventive and full of wonder. One minute you're climbing a beanstalk, the next you're underwater, then in the clouds, then fighting a lava octopus. I gasped as I realised I was going underwater - amazing moment.
                  Collectibles for the completionist - all the 'bots, chameleons and claw machine prizes.
                  The character design is lovely too. Astrobot is endearing and funny without being too overbearing or too much of a blank slate. All the little robots are all doing something funny.
                  They've also nailed the sense of perspective - from hovering over the level to looking at the claw prizes right in front of your face.

It really is an absolute joy and in age of sequels and remakes, it's great to find something not only new, but mind-blowing to play.

Mate mentioned Arizona Sunshine, so I fired it up. He'd gone to bed, but I did the first mission again that I did with [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]. It's a bit trickier on your own and got chomped a couple of times.
                  It's incredible how accurate the guns are. You find yourself closing one eye to squint down the barrels of the guns to get headshots.
                  Great little game. Amazing that it can be played in VR in co-op.

Comment

I got a proper PC last week and signed up for the EA Origin Basic plan because it has...

Mirror's Edge (PC)

It looks glorious, and it has the groovy PhysX stuff. I just did the training before leaving to watch Downton Abbey, but I can't wait to play some more of it tonight.

The visuals are a huge 'leap' from my PS3 version, and it's a much better game than the boring sequel.

Comment

Yeah the sequel never grabbed me

Comment

Second playthrough of HARD CORPS: UPRISING in Rising mode as Krystal. Took about a fifth as long second time around, it's extremely easy to farm cash at certain points.

Bit disappointing Krystal using EXACTLY the same weapon set as Bahamut, didn't really see why I bothered again as it's practically an identical playthrough, there's virtually no difference between them both.

Deffo prefer the MD predecessor. Many more weapons and more identity. And it doesn't drag on a bit like this does. But this is pretty, pretty good.

Comment

Been playing SUPER HANG ON from that old 360 M2 comp that's also got MS Alex Kidd and MD Revenge of Shinobi on.

What a game! Playing it smoothed in fullscreen stretch mode and just discovered the turbo button for the first time (DUH!!!!) and it adds wings to it all, bloody superb!!!

Now on 360 EDF 2025. It's so rough yet so lush and the city actually feels like a place, it's atmospheric. It's channelling THE GETAWAY for me, I'm just having a private tour bazooka-ing cars. Much more atmospheric than GTAV, this boy got soul.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

Now on 360 EDF 2025. It's so rough yet so lush and the city actually feels like a place, it's atmospheric. It's channelling THE GETAWAY for me, I'm just having a private tour bazooka-ing cars. Much more atmospheric than GTAV, this boy got soul.
                            Yeeeeah boi!

Comment

I enjoyed Astrobot so much the other night, I put it on again.

I realised as I was playing it that normally there's a nag in the back of my mind to get a game completed so you can go on to the next game. However, with Astrobot, I was considering rationing myself as I really don't want it to end.
                              It's one of the best, most inventive games I've ever played.
                              It's not a rock-solid challenge, but it's tricky enough to be a joy to play.

I did the whale level and the big brother levels and they were wonderful.

I hope, if Sony pursue PSVR with the next gen, that they do an Astrobot sequel.

Then I fired up Resident Evil VII , right before bed. Yes, I know.

It's so funny because I'm playing it like a horror movie, but the trying to be the guy who's not stupid.
                              Take a few steps, check behind me. Take a few steps, check behind me.
                              I know the tropes, you won't catch me!
                              However, so far there isn't anyone behind me, so it's taking ages to get anywhere.

So far, I'm loving how the puzzle pieces go together - find this item that shows where a hidden lever is to go to another room.

There's a smidge of clunk as you hit hidden walls, but I'm probably still in videogame mode and exploring all the nooks and crannies, rather than seeing it as an experience and going along for the ride.
                              Aside from that, it's really atmospheric and really polished. The people look amazing in it and the house is really grotty!
                              I'm wondering when I get some herbs, acid rounds and quad-barrelled rocket-launcher with infinite ammo.

Comment

You're playing in VR, yeah? You should totally stream it - unlike when you play a lot of other things, the comments & border don't show up in the headset, so you're not even having to sacrifice any screen real estate, you're just giving everyone a nice view into your cowar- uh, bravery. For me it meant that when I did get caught out by a scare, the pantshattery was clipped on Twitch and immortalised by a "friend". Being the good friend I am, I'd be willing to continue that tradition.

Comment

Working...
                                X