This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Yep, 3D Outrun is gorgeous. It’s so lovely.

Still playing Doom64 here and loving it. I can’t remember how it was received back in the day but the level design is top notch. Really creative and different enough from Doom/Doom II to feel fresh and worth playing. Quite complex levels in places with plenty of traps. Interesting that some enemies teleport in Doom 3 style ambushes now and again. It also looks and sounds great.
    Keep meaning to give this a blast on my N64, might just jump into the Switch version now.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
      Keep meaning to give this a blast on my N64, might just jump into the Switch version now.
      That'll be the better way to play it. The original is so dark, it hinders gameplay imo.

Comment

Blasted £5.02 on two Xbox sale games, ADAM'S VENTURE: ORIGINS at £1.19 and DEAD EFFECT 2 at £3.83.

Havent played the latter yet cos I'm currently very much enjoying AVO. For £1.19, it's a bloody barg! It's a 'proper' game n' all, a 3D third person action/adventure thing with quite a bit of exploration and Resi-style puzzling set against a nice, 1920s art deco atmos with lots of green lamps and shiny shiny shiny graphics, especially the glorious wood panel walls. Only played like 45mins so far but I've done three puzzles already and they hit that Resi puzzle sweet spot very nicely, they're very similar to OG Resi puzzles.

Dont know much about the other game but it looks like fun. But I'm gonna play this a bit more, don't expect miracles, it has screen tearing, jaggies, but a lot, lot going for it. A steal at the price, tbh, you'd normally be getting single screen roguelike twinstick shooters for that price in the sale.

Comment

Took up the 12-months of PS Now for £37.49 offer out of curiosity and there are a few games I want to play on the service, even though I have GP already.

Played a bit of Just Cause 4 (lol could have played this on Game Pass) which I think is fun but flawed. The grapple, parachute and wingsuit mechanics are fantastic but this has the same design issues Far Cry 5 does of way too many respawning enemies which broke the game early on for me.

Then I tried Spec Ops: The Line on streaming (720p, PS3). Suitably impressed. Very stable and sound is compressed, but very playable. Again all the usual weaknesses of streaming but I can see me using this to catch up on the odd PS3 game.

EDIT - Oops - wrong thread - just noticed the other one, doh!
          Last edited by Digfox; 26-04-2020, 10:17.

Comment

Playing an unhealthy amount of animal crossing im nearly at 300 hours, decided to have a little break and play some pacman championship edition 2 & tetris effect. Still no idea what i'm gonna do next week as persona 5 royal is winging it's way in the post it's gonna have to fight against animal crossing for my free time which at the moment i don't have a lot of just the weekends mostly. Hopefully i can juggle my time do animal crossing at work on lunchbreak & when home play some persona.

Comment

Been on a retro tip, literally reinstalled ALL my retro arcade games on Xbox and installed MIDWAY ARCADE ORIGINS, too, as I pleasantly found out it was backward compatible. Pity no PAPERBOY or NARC, tho, it's still gutting.

Blasted through FINAL FIGHT. I MUST be getting better, managed it in about 10/11 credits. I can get better.

Then, SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV, CONTRA 3, RADIANT SILVERGUN, FIGHTING VIPERS.

My Xbox one is a joyous jukebox.

Comment

I have recently played through 'Prequel Story of Detective Saburo Jinguji -- Daedalus: The Awakening of Golden Jazz'. How's that for a title?

Comment

Finished original Xbox Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One.

OK-ish, had some frustrating moments later (playing on Hard) when the constantly re-spawning Germans became a real pain but it was good enough entertainment most of the time.

Very old school, as said earlier really not that much different in gameplay and level design than far older WW2 FPS games like the original MOH, just better graphics.

Benchmark WW2 FPS on the Xbox were the two Brothers In Arms games - which are genuinely good and in every respect better than COD2: BRO but it was still worth playing.

BTW both those Brothers In Arms games, particularly Earned In Blood were far better than the XB360 Hell's Highway sequel which I found rather disappointing.

Comment

Far cry 5. It seemed to get a lot of criticism when it came out. Not sure why, it's good fun. It's basically one big playground really.
                    I prefered the setting of 4 and it seems to be lacking in guns compared to 4. But overall its good.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                      Finished original Xbox Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One.

OK-ish, had some frustrating moments later (playing on Hard) when the constantly re-spawning Germans became a real pain but it was good enough entertainment most of the time.

Very old school, as said earlier really not that much different in gameplay and level design than far older WW2 FPS games like the original MOH, just better graphics.

Benchmark WW2 FPS on the Xbox were the two Brothers In Arms games - which are genuinely good and in every respect better than COD2: BRO but it was still worth playing.

BTW both those Brothers In Arms games, particularly Earned In Blood were far better than the XB360 Hell's Highway sequel which I found rather disappointing.
                      Interesting post. Is it BC on XB1??? Had the orig sitting around in my stacks for over a decade but I'm truly enjoying the joys of simpler FPSes right now and I'd really like to play it, if it's good.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        Interesting post. Is it BC on XB1??? Had the orig sitting around in my stacks for over a decade but I'm truly enjoying the joys of simpler FPSes right now and I'd really like to play it, if it's good.
                        A quick search reveals it doesn't appear to work with BC on XBO. COD 2 and 3 do. Although COD 2: Big Red One appears on the list for original Xbox games that work on Xbox 360 - in case that helps.

Comment

^cheers mate. It's a minefield. I wish I could play my Tony Hawk's games.

Currently on XB1 YAKUZA 0. Even on basic XB1 it's hitting 60fps 97% of the time and, tbh, it's a miracle. Lush.

This time last year I never thought I'd be playing this. It was the only exclusive that made me want a PS4 if the truth be told. But now I'm playing it.

What a story. What a cool, cool game.

Comment

^back on the above, Chapter 2 and it's giving me free rein to explore the city.

Looking for the arcade games at the mo, if they're available at the mo? Just had a game of pool, some Beefeater gin, some Courvoisier XO down the bar, now I'm in a mood for Space Harrier and taking in the vibes.

Comment

Dragon Quest. I've finished 1 and 2 just recently, but 3 feels like it's going to be a lot longer.

Comment

Just finished Donut County and DLC for Little Nightmares, and am still aggravating everyone in Untitled Goose Game. Just started Inside, again. Grandia II continues in the background. Started Dreams main game on the demo but haven't gone back yet. Hoping the UGC is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X