Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been playing Tetris Effect in VR and its simply incredible, I can see why it was getting game of the year awards/nominations

Comment

I've been trying to get the next gambling challenge in RDR2, which is to win at Blackjack three times with 3 or more hits.
      You won't believe how many times you can get 21 when you're trying to get low cards to not go bust with 5 cards!

I looked online and everyone else hates the challenge too, and the following dominoes one, so I think I'll knock them on the head.
      They're boring, so why bother?

Comment

Warframe at the moment trying to unlock a Frost Prime, great fun, but the game is a real grind in places. Lots to do, but nothing is quick to obtain.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I've been trying to get the next gambling challenge in RDR2, which is to win at Blackjack three times with 3 or more hits.
          You won't believe how many times you can get 21 when you're trying to get low cards to not go bust with 5 cards!

I looked online and everyone else hates the challenge too, and the following dominoes one, so I think I'll knock them on the head.
          They're boring, so why bother?
          I'm still on the dominoes one for winning without drawing a tile. Like the one you are on, it's pure luck, so what's the point?!

Comment

The first couple of hours for Mass Efffect 3 are pretty intense! It's a good start and visually gorgeous.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
              I'm still on the dominoes one for winning without drawing a tile. Like the one you are on, it's pure luck, so what's the point?!
              Yeah, I've genuinely enjoyed all the challenges so far, like the dry dash Horseman challenge, the various hunting challenges and tracking down the herbs, but I said to myself as I was doing that challenge you're on that I was bored, so I'm not going to carry on.
              I did like the one to bankrupt someone at poker, though!

Instead I did a bit of fishing, catching the legendary fish and posting them.
              It's fascinating how diverse the weather is on the map.
              I went from snow and ice to swamps to rainstorms and then sunshine.
              Several times, I stopped just to look at the environment, like a foggy night making everything seem monochrome, a dust storm turning everything an orange hue, a thunderstorm making cattle lie down, snow falling as I went to the snowy region of the map and the snow falling off trees as I brushed against them or looking at the stars on an incredibly clear night.

I like how alive the game feels.
              I was fishing near St. Denis and just marvelled at the heron that flew off as I approached and the crocs that growled at me.
              I stood waiting for the big fish to bite and saw birds flying in formation overhead, dragonflies buzzing around, people riding horses, a train pulling into the station and various land animals skulking around.

I felt like I was just a small part of the world, rather than it all being constructed for my benefit.

Comment

Bit of a mix for me this week -

The Division 2 Beta
                Battlefield V
                Apex Legends
                Black Ops 4
                Assassins Creed Origins

I get more and more meta each week.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                  Bit of a mix for me this week -

The Division 2 Beta
                  Battlefield V
                  Apex Legends
                  Black Ops 4
                  Assassins Creed Origins

I get more and more meta each week.
                  I wonder how many virtual people you've killed from that lot?!

Comment

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - really enjoying this. Combat is great, and fine-tuning the character build is genuinely satisfying.

... and some Resi Evil 7. This is a brilliant game but it's properly downbeat and brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post

... and some Resi Evil 7. This is a brilliant game but it's properly downbeat and brutal.
                      RE 7 is somthing else, isn't it. I love how its a modern take on the classic game. Its so much like the classic game only now with insane visuals and in 1st person.

Comment

Bit more Dead Space 3. Just reached a stunning, free-roamy space bit where you're exploring what feels like the intro to Red Dwarf had Red Dwarf been blasted into chunky bits. Like, you're that dude on the side and you've been chucked off. But all dark and moody with this music that is so disturbingly mysterious in that infinite, deep deep space type of way, all arcane and that. THAT is how mood music should be done. It's a beautiful bit of game.

There was a bit very early in the game where you visit Isaac's home, this beautiful Blade Runner cityscape. It really is a stunningly beautiful game at points and I'm noticing some amazing textures for the 360.

I look forward to more wonders.

Comment

I only played the first Dead Space but that sounds ace [MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION]

Comment

Over the course of the week I've done several levels of Doom and have worked through the Metal Slug series, just about finishing now with Metal Slug 5

For the weekend it'll likely be more Red Dead Redemption II, I'm on the epilogue now and I have to say... it's killed a lot of my interest, it just feels very redundant to the rest of the game even though I should enjoy more SP content. From what I've read it doesn't improve either so not sure if I'll call it a day or not

Comment

Been playing Sword of Ditto with my other half in coop. So nice to have a local coop adventure with drop in drop out 2 player, such a sorely missed feature of mine these days.

It’s basically a 2d Zelda clone with some dark souls mixed in. If you die you keep your cash, items and experience levels, but you loose your stickers (abilities) that you’ve collected or purchased.

We’ve been having fun going in the mini dungeons and generally exploring the map. Because you start a new person 100years in the future the map is randomly generated as well so it doesn’t get stale exploring.

It’s just fun.

Graphics, art & sound are top draw as well.

7/10 fishbowls.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                                Currently level 25 in Odyssey and approximately halfway.
                                This is about where I'm at. It's still holding my interest with battles (on land and sea) that continue to be fun ... but that map still looks vast, with many parts still to explore.

Comment

Working...
                                X