This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    You raise an interesting point QC. Does anyone here ever sit playing a game and just suddenly wonder what the point is? Why they're bothering themselves with the to-do list provided?

I sometimes feel like I struggle with gaining a balance between enjoying something for the sake of it and enjoying the feeling of achieving the goals that have been set out for me. Goals, which, achieved in a vacuum, are essentially pointless, since they're a mechanism for enjoyment, not an end in themselves.
    Yes, several times in fact over the past several months. Every game that gave me that feeling got dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      I'd massively urge you to try the other two, they just keep being really bloody good.
      I started Dead Space 2 today and I’ve been having a blast. I remembered the atmosphere of the first one, but I’d forgotten how satisfying the gameplay was. Stomping downed enemies and crates for supplies is so much more fun than simply pressing x to loot. The signature gun is a wonderful creation too ... with stasis holding an enemy still it’s so satisfying to divide them up, using both vert and horizontal firing positions.

I went with the PS3 version purely because I already have number 3 thanks to PSPlus. As I’ve posted elsewhere the DS3 is a hard controller to go back to ... but using a DS4 makes a huge difference in how it controls. You miss out on rumble but it’s a fair trade off for me.

Comment

It's just a stonkingly good game, innit? Plays good, looks good, lots of variation, fun to replay, highly polished, just vastly impressive in general.

Probably another reason why I was underwhelmed by Resi 7, having finished this only recently. This is MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILES better, too.

Miles and miles and miles and miles better.

Comment

It's like...I started the "Not a Hero" DLC last night...and I'm procrastinating going back to it because I wanna enthuse about Dead Space 2, instead.

Says it all.

Comment

Finished the free DLC. It was pretty generic but OK for a freebie download. All uninstalled now.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              Finished the free DLC. It was pretty generic but OK for a freebie download. All uninstalled now.
              I think they did something interesting with Chris by making him more of a no-nonsense, pissed off with it all type of character. It gave him a bit more of a personality than he's had in the last two numbered titles anyway. It makes me wonder if Capcom will bring any the series' long-standing in the next one or are going to go with a new set of characters like they did in RE7.

I finished Breath of the Wild on the weekend and am now completing the steps needed to get the true ending. Problem is I keep getting distracted and go off the beaten path to uncover a shrine or get into a fight with some moblins, lizathos or a lionel if I'm brave enough.
              Last edited by Paddy; 21-02-2019, 15:36.

Comment

God help me, Kingdom Hearts III has arrived in the post but I think I'm going to hold the line on sticking with Resident Evil 2 for this weekend. At work I'm picking through Retro City Rampage DX at the moment

Comment

Played Doki Doki Literature Club (unsettling) and Return of the Obra Dinn (great!) over the weekend. Have been dabbling with the Crypt of the Necrodancer DLC and my usual diet of Spelunky and Monster Hunter since.

I have some weird chip on my shoulder that's not letting me get back to Resident Evil 2.

Comment

Away for a few days, so hitting the Vita (thanks [MENTION=9465]Brad[/MENTION]!).

I finished Sparkle 2 which was a lovely non-taxing distraction, but was pushing my marginal colour blindness with the number of colours to distinguish under pressure.

Sonic Racing Transformed was a fun little racer, but pretty tough. I think practice will improve performance.

Super Mutant Alien Assault is alright with nice pixel art graphics, but a tad too simplistic to be gripping.

Fallen Legion is pretty good, it's a kind of real-time turn-based fighter (if that makes sense!)
                    They throw you in at the deep end and it took a while to click, but I was soon timing my parries and attacks better.
                    I might go back to this.

Darkest Dungeon is my fave, though, despite it being a tough mofo.
                    It's a turn-based dungeon crawler where every time you do a mission your team go a bit more insane, so you're constantly having to nurse them back from the brink of a breakdown.
                    You can realistically only run a team a couple of times, even if they don't die!
                    So you're constantly juggling team members.

It took me three attempts to finish the first mission without half my team dying!

Comment

Put several hours into Gurumin before shelving it. It has some of the worst camera work I've seen in years. It's infuriatingly bad. I drilled through a wall at the top of a hill which had a boulder behind it. I started running back down the hill to escape when the camera suddenly decided to flip which then resulted in my character running head first into the boulder and dying.

At that point I was done; time for something else.

Comment

BallisticNG in VR. I've played for less than one hour just now.

KoF'98 on the Switch last night. I need an AES, pronto.

I want to play much more, I just don't have the time or energy. It's much easier to troll online with what little spare time I have left.

Comment

I bought Out Run on Switch. I love the game but it is so difficult compared to the sequel! I need to do some serious practice just to get to the end of the run!

Comment

Bought a used copy of Spiderman on PS4 yesterday because it was on sale for 20 quid.

It took the same amount of time to install as it would have to download(45 minutes)!

Haven't actually played it yet, just wanted to be facetious because they didn't give me anything to do while it was installing, the gits. Would've been nice to have a small web-slinging area or something like that but nope, just a progress bar

Also tried the Judge Eyes demo which was fantastic. Every minute or so I was repeating to my wife, "this is what games look like now!".

Trials Fusion trial. Sweet Jesus this game is incredible. It controls well, has a button to disengage from the bike, the rider himself was echoing my feelings - hollering when we did a cool stunt, gasping when approaching a sheer drop or when a jump would just make it - and the fact you can flap his arms about after a crash was the icing on the cake. Bought it just now for a fiver in the PSN sale.

Comment

Halfway through Resident Evil 2 Remake now, also started dabbling with Horizon Chase Turbo which so far is okay if seemingly short lived fun

Comment

I have been game-hopping on Switch and can't settle on any game. Made that mistake of buying games before I had finished other games and now I'm not hugely motivated to play any of them (no disrespect to Wargroove, which I think is brilliant)... so I dug out my Vita and started playing Final Fantasy VIII. Haven't played it since back in the day but already really enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X