Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went back to arcade club on friday evening after work, hogged sound voltex for a lot of the evening. Determined to learn it inside & out, discovered now how to favourite a song to be able to add it to a custom list. Makes playing a hell of a lot easier finding my liked tracks instead of trying to find it again in the immense selection of tracks, also found how to sort stuff too.

Been hammering a song from magical quiz academy called maxivcord, also appears in IIDX cannonballers. I can AA+ rank it on normal but ex level is way beyond me at the moment mxm level is just ridulously hard.

This evening i bought catch & release on PSVR it's probably the most fun fishing game i have played, just been immersed on a boat in a beautiful mountain lake is worth it. Add in all the interactive stuff to do and it becomes a place to escape away to, just sitting on the lake listening to the in world radio.
    Last edited by importaku; 27-04-2019, 20:13.

Comment

Umihara Kawase Fresh! on the Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Umihara Kawase Fresh! on the Switch.
        Hoping for good things. Looking forward to your impressions.

Comment

Supes post reminded me I needed to finish off the final few trophies for Uncharted 4 - this included a complete playthrough on easy mode for my speedrun and accuracy trophies. Upon reflection I think there're a couple too many chapters and I would've liked more chapters with Elena.

The interaction between the characters, Sam and Nate ; Nate, Sully and Sam ; Nate and Elena - all top notch. I still love the game it was definitely a step up from 3, I think it's almost level with 2. I'll have to get around to playing Lost Legacy at some point.

I've also just started Valkyrie Chronicles Remastered - wow loving this so far. Been remote playing on my Vita and this type of game is absolutely perfect for it.

I've also done a bit of Assassins Creed Chronicles India (now that I've finished China) on the Vita. Very addictive.

Comment

Nioh. It’s awesome. Getting the flow of it now. So many systems to learn though. I’ve got an inventory full of crap, most of which can probably help me but I don’t have time to learn it all coz I just wanna play.

Comment

Been playing Assassin Creed Unity. Forgot what a gem of game this is (bugs and all) with a stunning recreation of Paris (and notre dame) Also been playing a lot of The Division 2 which is not only a brilliant game, it features the best soundtrack of this generation

Comment

Been playing Batman: The Telltale Series on Switch. Quite enjoying it.

Comment

Going into the Bank Holiday weekend it'll be:

-Onimusha: Warlords
                  -The Division 2

Comment

Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 and Prominence Poker. Feels like I've been playing the same few games for years. And that's because I have.

Comment

Patient waiting has paid off been wanting to play the witness for a long time. My pc can’t run it so that rules out getting it from gog for a bargain price. On PS4 it’s £30, yesterday it was on sale at £8.99 yes please.

It’s an amazing game the entire island oozes mystery, I love how the line puzzles start easy to teach you how they work then get insanely hard. I still haven’t worked out the rules of some of them yet so I have gone and explored other parts of the island as there’s a ton of things to see. I love how the place is full of optical illusions too which give you clues to solving some of the puzzles as well as the environment been a line puzzle itself I was proper giddy when I found one of them by exploring.

Wished this was in vr as the island is so relaxing to explore and very beautiful, so colourful. Found a few of the hidden voice recordings just adds to the mystery of what the place is that you’re in & why you are there. So far it’s everything I hoped it would be, love puzzles.

Comment

I think Witness was one of last month's PS Plus freebies on PS4.

Comment

After playing through all seasons of The Walking Dead game (join me in my lonely first play thread), I faffed around for a bit but have now restarted Life Is Strange Before The Storm. Not sure why I find myself drawn to the prequel than the main game but I might go from one into the other.

I’m reminded all over again how Chloe is interesting as a character because every time I experience her (whether in the original or prequel), I dislike her hugely and yet soon the cracks appear and the empathy seeps into those cracks and she turns me around. Both games followed this path and did it really well.

Comment

Really need to play Before The Storm. It’s encouraging to hear you liked it enough to replay it Dogg.

Im holding off LIS 2 because the gaps between episodes seem just too long to me right now. I’d rather play it when it’s finished.

After struggling with my gaming for a bit, I’m settling into things a bit more again. I’ve about 75% or so of the way through Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which is an interesting effort. I don’t love the ‘Nu Raider’ games - there’s a lot of silliness regarding character and story which stops them well short of greatness - but I do find them rather compelling.

They’re comfort food gaming, for me. Not too demanding, and as long as you ignore the usually excruciatingly dull side quests, the critical path bounces along at a good pace.

Shadow, the third Nu Raider, is an odd duck though. It’s the first developed by by Eidos Montreal rather than Crystal Dynamics, and there’s a lot right with it - the graphics are simply amazing, with some genuinely gorgeous environmental art, and the stealth combat is much improved.

But it feels like a game where they didn’t quite know what they wanted to do with it. They’ve taken the body of the first two Nu Raiders and ripped some stuff out, shoved some stuff in, and made it a bit of a Frankenstein’s monster.

It feels like they took a lot of Internet criticism, both from journos and fans, to heart way too much. That’s resulted in a significant cutdown in combat scenes, even as the combat is much improved. Odd. There are more puzzles in the critical path, which is good (and again, feels like a product of a lot of reviews of the earlier games, which called the Optional Tombs ‘the best bit’, which I’m not really sure they were a lot of the time).

Then you’ve got the boosted RPG light elements, like talking to NPC in villages and stuff. That stuff is seriously dull thanks to the really quite terrible writing.

So yeah. It’s kind of a grab bag of ideas and it doesn’t always work, but the graphics are great, there are some cool set pieces, and you can go all Predator and cover yourself in mud and dive down on baddies from trees. Pretty fun.

I’m also 15 hours into a first play of FFVI on my SNES Mini, which I am LOVING so far. What a wonderful game!
                            Last edited by wakka; 04-05-2019, 09:21.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              Really need to play Before The Storm. It’s encouraging to hear you liked it enough to replay it Dogg.

Im holding off LIS 2 because the gaps between episodes seem just too long to me right now. I’d rather play it when it’s finished.
                              I’m the same with 2. The new episode is almost out but I haven’t played the last one yet and the wait for the next is so long that I’d rather replay these in the meantime. Yes, you should definitely play Before The Storm!

Comment

Dark souls 3. Just got the bloodbite ring which should be handy

Comment

Working...
                                X