X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still on RDR2.

Me: "I really need to crack on with the story and get this finished."
    Also me: "Ooh, I can finish the legendary fishing missions! Right, that's done, let's do all the legendary animals. Right that's that done, let's get all the buff trinkets. Oh, to do that I need a reward from collecting all the cigarette cards. Right, that's that done. Oh I also need a piece of jewellery, I'll watch this guide and get that..."

I'll probably do the things I enjoy, but I think it's probably better to be a chunk off completion, rather than be haunted by being almost there.

I'm looking at you, 99% complete GTAIV and one-missing-agility-orb Crackdown!

Comment

Overwatch - dammit. Must stop playing it. But they just released a load of cool new stuff.

COD MW2. I used to place well in this. Now I am shot within seconds of respawn every time. SpecOps is cool though.

Comment

Two weeks ago I had the drive to get Fallout 3 up and running on my rig for some sweet post-processed high-fidelity action. That part took less than three minutes.

Two weeks later after spending all of my time on finally getting the game to work properly I no longer have any drive to play it at all. I'm seriously contemplating investing this much time on fixing their unfinished wank ever again.

At least when that specific urge to play does come back I'm good to go. I'll just have to move the 12GB folder over to my HDD until that happens.

Sterling did a new Bethesda vid two days ago. Nice timing:

Comment

Still laughing my way through trover saves the universe on psvr in between the truly epic adventure no mans sky has turned out to be. I’m 41 hours in and I swear I have only explored 0.1% of the game each planet alone has hours of exploration as you hunt for stuff. Add in the various quests and survival crafting and it’s totally blown me away, love slowly amassing materials and funds as I craft my way across the galaxy, I’m currently trying to max out all my inventory slots and finding they 16 glyphs needed to operate the star gate style portals. Then I can start really putting the work in to getting the best modules to keep me alive longer in the various harsh enviroments. Made a couple of bases on useful planets but I haven’t even begun to build a competent base that looks cool. Just have the various components needed randomly dotted around, the base building and quests could be an entire game in itself. It’s almost too much content there’s a lot to learn.

Comment

Friday already
            So, this weekend it'll likely be A Plague Tale: Innocence and I'll install (if there's room) Destiny 2

Comment

Bought a few cheap(?) indie games on the Xbox store, kicked off with Dear Esther, it was only £1.99 and it's my first walking simulator and it's simultaneously pretentious and riveting, that guys piously posh voice makes me wanna punch the screen! But it's got atmos, can't really see myself playing thru a second time.

Then, Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones. Very nice. After that, The Swapper. Crap name but intriguing game. Finally, Thomas Was Alone. Danny Wallace talks all over a very basic-looking block-based platform puzzler. It's OK, I suppose. I played it once on PS3. All three of these were in a pack, think it was £4.39, I don't think it was too bad.

Comment

Was in arcade club last night back in music game heaven, leeds finally has a dance evolution arcade machine. One i have wanted to try for a long time, the learning curve is brutal there's no easy ddr arrow stepping you have to full on dance and match the routines. One thing for sure i'm now binge learning along to youtube videos as i'm nowhere near brave enough to stumble along in the arcade i played a couple of rounds but flailing along like you are an alien in a human costume still learning how to control your arms & legs is not a good look lol.

Did finally get to play tank tank tank, it was crazy fun the recoil from firing the shells makes the entire seat slam into your back with a meaty thud the wheel does the same thing it makes it really immersive. Played many maaaaany more machines but too long to list them all stayed there till midnight when they kicked everyone out for the evening. Stupid amounts of fun, it's now my new weekly routine. So cool having an amazing arcade local to me.

Comment

Finished Paper Sorcerer, its a bit glitchy and the difficulty balance can be a bit off at times with certain mob combinations being more difficullt than bosses. The most difficult enemy was actualy a guy called Myles the Lord of Illusions very early in the game; lots of status effects come at you and if you don't have many ways to counter it like I didn't with my party combo you can take a beating. I got through him eventually though

Despite that it was really fun, the art style is striking as is the music. There's lots of secrets and combat is really engaging, making full use of physical attacks, magic attacks, buffs, debuffs...etc. Well worth the fiver I paid.

Comment

This week:

-A Plague Tale: Innocence
                    -Destiny 2
                    -Luigi's Mansion 2

Comment

RDR2.

You're now looking at a level 10 Herbalist...

Comment

Give me de 'erb!

Comment

Thanks to the prices dropping i picked up battlezone & wipeout omega collection, got home after a late shift but i couldn't resist trying wipeout in vr. Holy crap, it's like im in a fzero game or as close as my dream of fzero in vr will let me be, the last time i tried wipeout was the original on ps1 and i hated it the cars controlled like crap. Not in this version, im blown away with how fun it is sat in my very own hover car that glides & corners with super ease of control, turned every comfort setting off wanted to get the full effect my head was spinning but in a good way not a single bit of nausea.

Need to give this some proper playtime this weekend, not a racing game kind of person but vr is the bridge that makes me willing to try genres im normally not into.

Comment

Bit of Dead Island Riptide Definitive and Victor Vran on Xbone. Both quality fun. Dead Island will always be flawed but it's more about the beautiful island than the flaws and they've really boosted the fx to make it look even more dreamily weird. Impressed by Vran, it was a GWG ages back, been on hard drive unplayed so long and it's brill!

Comment

After about a fortnight's hiatus, been back on The Orange Box the last two morns, polished off HL2Ep1 yesterday, now frenulum-deep into HL2Ep2. Had an annoying, seemingly never ending bit where you're defending some peeps against hordes n hordes of antlions (aaaaagh) but thankfully did it first time.

Now I've been given a gaming treat. The baby antlion maggots all over the shop. They're cute, make cute chirping noises and funny little groans when you mash 'em up. They're so fun to dispatch, like little witchetty grubs crossed with baby seals. I favour the crowbar close range, pistol for long range ones. It's fun picking off the ones stuck to the roof. Sometimes you miss, it makes the hit more satisfying. You even get an ingame trophy for it (and a cheev I'm sure).

Two words:

MAGGOT MAYHEM.

Comment

Going into the weekend:

A Plague Tale: Innocence - Currently halfway through Ch7, there's still a lot I like but it's a very repetitive shallow experience from a gameplay POV

Destiny 2 - Still only done a couple of missions as time goes to Plague instead atm

Luigi's Mansion 2 - Halfway through the second mansion

Comment

Working...
                                X