Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overcooked - brilliantly frantic fun. Burst out laughing more than a few times.

LocoRoco PS4 - playing it on the huge TV is trippy and looks even better than on the already gorgeous PSP screen.

Comment

Super Mario Odyssey!

I was Mario and my son was Cappy in the Switch stand config.
      Just tinkered on the first level and I can see we're going to have the same issue as the Lego games, I want to explore every nook and cranny and he just wants to crash on.

If you throw Cappy at the lampposts, they light up. If I light them all, is there a reward or am I wasting my time?

Plot is bobbins though.
      Bowser kidnaps Peach so he can marry her (let's not think about the wedding night - ouch!).
      Mario meets a sentient hat that change shape (only other hats).
      His sister was turned into a tiara and put on Peach when he took her, so they team up to get them both back.

I'd like some of what Miyamoto's smokin'!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        If you throw Cappy at the lampposts, they light up. If I light them all, is there a reward or am I wasting my time?
        Later on it certainly will pay off to try out absolutely everything and anything. Not on the first run though, just follow your son and enjoy the levels.

Get it on the TV/projector! It's wasted on that tiny screen.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
          Later on it certainly will pay off to try out absolutely everything and anything. Not on the first run though, just follow your son and enjoy the levels.

Get it on the TV/projector! It's wasted on that tiny screen.
          Yeah, cheers double-D, you're right, thanks.
          I found getting all the stars on SMG2 less fun than just playing through with him as the later ones get really tricky.

We just opened it yesterday, so were just testing the two-player mode out, really.
          When he went to bed, I set up the dock and hooked it up to the telly, but I think I'll take it through from the lounge to the play room to hook it up the projector.

Comment

I tried lighting every lamppost and barely got any reward. The disappointment was palpable.

And I know that Randonbs was talking about the PS4 version, but Overcooked is just as good on the Switch and you don't need to buy extra controllers for 2P. But wait for it to be on sale again.

Comment

Yakuza Kiwami - so much excellence

Comment

Have got back into Titanfall 2 again, and so everything else gets put on hold. Keep staying up late to have a quick half an hour after work (see Are you happy thread).

Might have to make myself stop playing it to get through the backlog.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                  Have got back into Titanfall 2 again, and so everything else gets put on hold. Keep staying up late to have a quick half an hour after work (see Are you happy thread).

Might have to make myself stop playing it to get through the backlog.
                  This is me, mate.
                  Always push it that bit too far.
                  Stayed up until 12ish the last few nights and then had support calls from Australia at 5am, so I'm cream crackered.
                  I'll still probably do the same tonight - I never learn.
                  I could go to bed at a sensible hour, but that's valuable gaming time!

I had to knock Monster Hunter: World on the head or I'd play nothing else.
                  I've done Sleeping Dogs and seen a couple of films since stopping.

Side note: When I have to drill a hole, I refer to the drill as "The Birthday Drill" as an honour to your rrrrubbish 40th birthday present.

Comment

LEGO Jurassic World had a weird bug yesterday. We reloaded our save and when my wife joined in, the game put her in the Visitor’s Center whereas I was in the green Ford heading to the T-Rex. After much faffing around trying to figure out what was going on, the game crashed.

I reloaded the save and had my wife wait until I’d done some stuff before joining in and it was fine after that. T-Rex chase was brilliant. We’re considering getting some more LEGO games. Probably Harry Potter next.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                    Overcooked is just as good on the Switch and you don't need to buy extra controllers for 2P. But wait for it to be on sale again.
                    Won’t be anywhere near as good, but you can share the pad on PS4 like in Micro Machines way back when. Amazingly, the game has a fair amount of slowdown. Even the first bit where you’re at the onion king’s place and he says “go forth etc”. Jerk fest. How!?!?

Comment

Bank Holiday weekend and it's supposed to be a scorcher which can mean only one thing! The missus and kids outside in the sun and me sat indoors beside a fan playing games!

I'm sticking to two at the moment as we've reached a milestone. The first is The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt which I do fear is going to reach a point where it's going on too long but for now I'm still chipping away at it, back on the main missions for now so we'll see where I get to as we get into next week. It's also, finally, the final game in my Backlog 20 Plan!

As I'd previously mentioned, knowing the end was coming, I drafted up a randomised list for the Backlog Revisit 30 Plan. The next list of games I'd work through during the downtimes when there isn't a new release to play through. I'm going to skip Detroit for now so that makes my second game (and the first of the new 30) a revisit, one that shouldn't take very long as I'm already on the third mission out of what I think is a total of seven (each taking about half an hour) and that is for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        me sat indoors beside a fan playing games!
                        "You're the best, Superman Falls! You're number 1! Go for it, Supes! I believe in you! Nobody's better than you!"

I'm going away for the Bank Holiday, so it's no gaming for me...
                        Unless somebody in the family just got a Switch for their birthday!

Actually, I'm like [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION]. I have a Vita, but I won't have time to game because with two kids, you're constantly on the go.
                        [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION], I've not played them all, but my fave by far is Marvel Super Heroes. I found the levels fun and it's a new story so you don't know what's happening (unlike the ones that follow films like Lego Avengers), there's loads of (known) characters to play and the freeplay area is sunny New York. Batman 2 was dreary with the rainy Gotham and 3 was a bit clunky with the various level hubs. They're all good and worth playing, it's just it felt like LMSH hit that sweetspot for me. I sometimes just flew over NYC as Iron Man, just for the fun of it!

I played Mario Odyssey, but plugged into the telly for the first time. Tiny controller, but you get used to it.
                        I love how they've thought of most things before you. "I'm a frog and can jump really high! I wonder if I can jump over the wall I just walked under? Oh! There's a reward waiting for me and some invisible blocks to help me get here!"
                        I did the first level and we're starting that dino level thing.

Comment

Glad to hear your son is enjoying it...

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            Glad to hear your son is enjoying it...
                            Ha! He went for a wee just after I turned into a frog.
                            Had an explore whilst he was gone, then showed him afterwards.
                            I promise, it's all co-op so far! He's a box-smashing champion!

Comment

The PS4 version of DOOM IV giving it a whirl at 4K last weekend looked great and the frame rate held up well at 4K. Also picked up the Wonderboy IV Dragon's Trap Remake looks stunningly plays perfectly. Also finished it already, but having finished the Master System version early this years the game is still fresh in my memory. There are some nice extra sections only found in this version however.

Comment

Wipeout VR. Absolutely incredible game.
                                Resi 7 VR. Absolutely terrifying. 15 minutes sessions then save.

Comment

Working...
                                X