Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, died one more time, clocked it like two mins after that post. Just watching em dancing to 'This Is How We Do It' at the end.

Comment

I've been playing Icewind Dale, Dark Souls 3 and Mafia 3. Really enjoying old skool Icewind Dale. My Ranger is kicking serious butt.

Comment

I keep meaning to sample the open world of Mafia 3, I've had it sitting sealed on my shelf for at least the last year. I really fancy it but 40+hrs on SRIV has truly wilted my wiener for the genre.

One thing I forgot to champion about SRIV. The gunplay. It's insanely solid and fun. It feels spot-on compared to other examples of the genre. Chunky n solid. Fun fun fun.

Comment

Getting back on the FFXIV wagon. I'm not sure why I only ever levelled a tank to the cap in Stormblood, but not wanting to come in with that responsibility on my shoulders for content I don't know while I'm still rusty as heck, I'm taking the time to get my faithful black mage up to 70. Then I can clearing out the post-release patches for Stormblood, and only then can I actually begin the new expansion, Shadowbringers.

My guildies assure me that it's the best expansion yet, with the kind of quality you'd expect from a non-MMO FF, but we'll see when we get there.

Comment

Minecraft.

Went in vanpeebles’ world and constructed a large bronze man holding a sword to guard the temple. A bit like Talos off Jason and the Argonauts, but blockier. And with stumpy little legs.

He went off to ‘make his tea’, so to punish him I built a large jizzing cock nearby, complete with hairy bollocks and veins.

A true work of art.

Comment

Grumble.

Comment

Still got Nakatomi Plaza?

Comment

He has.

I complemented it with the Knackertomi Plaza.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Still got Nakatomi Plaza?
                    I think you can build stuff higher now, so we are planning to build a bigger skyscraper with a kaiju climbing it

Comment

I finished I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. Well, got a bad ending but I hear the good ending is next to impossible without following a guide from start to finish. The game commits a lot of point and click crimes and one episode in particular is really janky and can lead to dead ends without ever telling you. So as a game it might not be hugely successful but the weird surreal atmosphere really makes up for that. It gets very dark but with strange competing elements that make its tone very unique. It’s an odd one but a game I’m now very glad to have played in spite of some of the failings of the game structure.

Been playing Turok on Switch too. It’s okay. Very hard to get a sense of where I’m going or why and there are nowhere near enough save places so I keep losing my progress when my kids use the Switch. Very much a product of its time but still pretty entertaining for the most part.

Comment

I’ve been playing Virtua Racer on Switch. I’m a complete virgin to the game but a big fan of other Sega racing efforts in the arcade and home.

Loving it so far. Still getting down the best way to control it - using the JoyCons I’ve found Arcade steering and using the stick like a little wheel, pointing it up then rotating it left and right, works best, but I’m still unsure of the balance between downshifting and braking for slowing down. Should I exclusively focus on one? What’s the best balance? Any tips much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          I keep meaning to sample the open world of Mafia 3, I've had it sitting sealed on my shelf for at least the last year. I really fancy it but 40+hrs on SRIV has truly wilted my wiener for the genre.

One thing I forgot to champion about SRIV. The gunplay. It's insanely solid and fun. It feels spot-on compared to other examples of the genre. Chunky n solid. Fun fun fun.
                          It's definitely worth a play through, the size of the map and the back and forth can get tedious, apart from that the game is good fun & has some killer tracks.

I'm on my second play through this time killing every mofo and being a ruthless bastard

I must admit I'll be skipping open world games for a bit after I've finished though!

Comment

Yeeeeeeah, I really fancy the setting, plus I'm a bit of a ho for a great-looking, atmospheric open world.

And I've also very recently read two reeeeeeaaalllly good Walter Mosley novels set in LA not too long before the time of this. I quite fancy the idea of playing a game in that typa setting...it sounds well-atmospheric tbh!!!

Comment

(I know it's set in Louisiana, btw. I did seem to think for a long time that this game was set in Watts, LA. I don't know why. I think it was some random YouTube promo that said it was set in the era of the Watts riots).

Nowt to do with 'Dirty' Den Watts off Eastenders AKA 'Dirty Den' AKA Leslie Grantham AKA a German taxi driver's worst nightmare (deathmare, in fact).

Fort Boyard. That was actually ****in brilliant.

Comment

Oh, and those Infamous cam sesh pics that proper smashed the tabloid front pages

From an era of PROPER news!!! Not this Brexit fucwaddery!!!!

They were EPIC.

EEEPPPPIIIIIICCCCCCCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X