Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had guests staying in the games room over the weekend, so not much, but I couldn't resist cracking open the PSVR for them!

Turned down the volume on The London Heist, so only the guy with the headphones could hear all the swearing in the headphones, but overlooked his wife playing the shark dive, because I couldn't mute her repeatedly jumping at the shark and shouting "****! ****!"

Comment

I've spent the last few days playing just Crash Team Racing: Nitro Refuelled and it's such an awkward prospect. The remake treatment is excellent and it doesn't feel like a PS1 game at all. Taken in context of when it came out it's well done given the number of play mechanics in the game even if most are ripped off from Mario Kart and particularly Diddy Kong Racing. I can see how it was well thought of at the time but the nostalgia glasses are strong with this one, it's fun but sweet jesus is Mario Kart a vastly superior beast, this a rival only because the series headed into a lull with Double Dash soon after. Once I'm done with the Adventure mode I doubt I'll want to stick with it because the tracks are so simplistic.

Comment

My £3.50 CEX Xbone copy of Shadow of Mordor. My cool mate said it was a "bad boy game". I'm digging the combat so far...I'm dying! Initially it feels like the Batman games with Y for counter but it's riskier and more dangerous-feeling.

Only at the VERY early stages now, after the first cheev pops in. But I sense this will be at least very good.

Comment

I’m currently replaying Ocarina of Time on the 3DS. It’s still brilliant but, for the first time ever (and I have played through this a few times over the years), the shine is wearing off. The early sections in particular I have found a little bit of a chore, essentially opening with the worst versions of each element. Once you really get going it improves hugely and I’m in the Forest Temple now and that’s fantastic but it’s odd now to feel a bit of distance between the love I have for this game and my experience on this replay. Still, it’s great, no doubt about it.

Comment

I think I may have fallen out of love with Ocarina of Time and now the universe doesn’t make sense any more.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I too felt a little fatigued from OOT when i started playing the 3DS remake for the first time. I stopped myself at that moment and i'm pleased i did (esp after reading your disconnect with it!)

My plan is to go back to it when my daughter is a little bit older so i can - hopefully - experience it with a fresh pair of eyes from her perspective. If she gets bored of it'll hang up the towel and simply let those golden memories linger.

Dogg Thang, dont force yourself to play it! Go play the new rhythm game :-p
              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Yeah, I have heard wonderful things about Cadence and I’m looking forward to playing it. I can still admire Ocarina. It is superb in so many ways. I think maybe I’m just on one replay too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  I think I may have fallen out of love with Ocarina of Time and now the universe doesn’t make sense any more.
                  My memories of that game are absolute solid gold, there’s no way in hell I’m playing it again, although I replayed it a bit back in’t day and last time was on GameCube.

I generally find replaying NES/SNES era I have no problems but when I go back to 3D ps1/n64/Saturn I find it harder to replay games, especially ones I’ve played before.

I have SO many fond memories of N64/PS1/Saturn, that was the era I spent the most times across platforms, at mine and over at friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                    I've been playing The Surge - it was a freebie with PS+ and it's actually quite good. For a souls clone it does a pretty good job having its own unique stuff. Combat is interesting and I'm digging the story & settings thus far. I'm up to the second boss and he is kicking my arse!
                    Yeah it’s a great game, one of my faves of this gen.
                    There is definitely nately a knack to combat and creating a load out that best suits you. I think it took me a while to twig that the meter at the top was whether you could cut and enemy or not and that you would always get the piece of armor for the piece you cut. It probably told me that but I didn’t pay attention.

Comment

Absolutely nothing.

Comment

Bit cliche but I'm playing through FF7. It's the first time I've played it as a 'grown up'. I think i must have been about 17 the last time I played it.
                        This time round there are a lot more themes and scenes that are carrying more weight now I understand it better. And it's a really balanced game. Its been said many times but it is a masterpiece.

Comment

Hardcore Mecha (PC) and Jinrui No Minnasama He (NSW).

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                            I generally find replaying NES/SNES era I have no problems but when I go back to 3D ps1/n64/Saturn I find it harder to replay games, especially ones I’ve played before.
                            The game genre I have troubles replaying, no matter the format and era, are RPGs, whether JRPGS, SRPGs, or even PC RPGs like Torment or Fallout. No matter how much I might like them, the rigid structure, the controls, the menus...they haven't aged well at all and I find them a massive hurdle to pass when trying to replaying them. I wanted to start Xenogears again to test out the PSIO but the idea of dealing with PS1-era menus put me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Yeah, I have heard wonderful things about Cadence and I’m looking forward to playing it. I can still admire Ocarina. It is superb in so many ways. I think maybe I’m just on one replay too many.
                              Take a peek at this review. Its actually a really good insight to the pros and cons of OOT (not just its the best game ever!!! etc)
                              An in-depth review of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64. This video contains spoilers for the entire game.
                              ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                                Its been said many times but it is a masterpiece.
                                It is when played with a proper translation!

Comment

Working...
                                X