No announcement yet.

Giving up on games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just dumped DQ VIII, became far too tedious for me about two thirds of the way in. Conversely, I've just started Super Paper Mario and it's a refreshing change, and a game I'm most enjoying.

Comment

So when you guys drop a game, do you instantly sell/trade it or shelf it, incase you decide to go back?

The last game I dropped was Ace Combat4. I really liked it actually, but I got tired of the air-to-ground missions. Flying round in circles trying to hit stationary object becames dull, when all I wanted was to dogfight.

Edit

Scrap Ace Combat4. The last game I dropped was Okami - because it just refused to end.
      Last edited by dogen; 05-11-2007, 12:51.

Comment

I've put it on the shelf. I rarely sell my games.

In the case of FFX International, the save game is still on my memory card should I ever get the motivation to carry on and go for max completion.

Comment

I rarely give up on games but I do often place them in the 'back of the pile' catagory where I'd only play if I had no others to do. I always intend to get back to them eventually. Until this October though I havn't done this much any more as I've only been buying games I know I have time to play rather than just buying games I know are meant to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum
            Shadow of the Colossus: Hated the controls at first, hated them even more once it started becoming the most difficult aspect of the game for me. Fighting to control the camera or horse was harder than fighting some giant creature. Unfortunate because I'm sure I would have loved the game otherwise...
            I'm so glad you've said this as I was starting to think I was the only one!

Although I actually completed SoTC and gained some enjoyment from it, the controls made it more like hard work than fun, and it never fails to amaze me that reviews or comments on this game either don't mention the controls at all, or make excuses for them. (Don't get me started on the turtle colossus... ) It's like the 'Resi's tank controls heighten the tension' thing all over again.

Originally posted by dogen View Post
            So when you guys drop a game, do you instantly sell/trade it or shelf it, incase you decide to go back?
            In the case of Super Paper Mario, I just traded it in. In the event of me wanting to continue with it (which is very unlikely), it'll only be cheaper to buy a second time.

Scrap Ace Combat4. The last game I dropped was Okami - because it just refused to end.
            Aw.. Okami IS a very long game, but it's just so enchanting! You can't help but play it all the way through (well, I couldn't anyway!).
            Last edited by Ady; 05-11-2007, 21:10.

Comment

The big one for me is Jet Set Radio Future. Played it to a similar point loads of times ... I just get to a point where I haved no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Just started it again at the weekend as it happens ... first play in years ... still awesome.

Also given up on MGS2 every time I've tried to play through it (love the rest of the series too).

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                Aw.. Okami IS a very long game, but it's just so enchanting! You can't help but play it all the way through (well, I couldn't anyway!).
                Well I got to a point where

a sea monster has made itself a bridge, for you to reach a mysterious island. But, by that point I thought ther had been a couple of points where it could have happily ended. But didn't.

But I might go back, finish it, then pick up the Wii version. Just for kicks.

Comment

I recently gave up on Farenheit (PC) because the plot holes were massive and earlier flaws began to rear their ugly head. The section I got to descended into a tirade of contrived half an hour QTE sections leaving me wondering whether it was worth it. Obviously not, it seems.

Comment

sadly, i'm on the verge of giving up on Zelda: Phantom Hourglass because i really cannot be bothered

returning to the Temple of the f***ing Ocean King for yet *another* time

terrible, eh? i've loved it so far and i know i'm near the end but i switched it on last night, saw where i was and what i had to do then promptly switched it off. i just can't face it - i'll start Wind Waker again as a Zelda replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by dogen View Post
                      Well I got to a point where

a sea monster has made itself a bridge, for you to reach a mysterious island. But, by that point I thought ther had been a couple of points where it could have happily ended. But didn't.

But I might go back, finish it, then pick up the Wii version. Just for kicks.
                      You'll be pleased to know that there's still a fair way to go from there...

Comment

::Lunges wildly at Ady::

Comment

Hey, I didn't make the damn thing!

Comment

Gears of War. I loved the thing, but after a while of getting blown to pieces consistently, and Epic decided to power up the shotgun again. I said: 'Enough is enough' (but rather more violently)

Comment

Frankly, I'm getting bored with gaming altogether. I wonder how all you people have managed to endure this long. Maybe there'll be a resurgence within me in the next few years but I guess I'm getting old and I find myself to be a young member here. I'm 24.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                                Frankly, I'm getting bored with gaming altogether. I wonder how all you people have managed to endure this long. Maybe there'll be a resurgence within me in the next few years but I guess I'm getting old and I find myself to be a young member here. I'm 24.
                                I go through phases. Sometimes I'm into gaming in general like now, others its only as specific game like Civilization or Oblivion and other times I couldn't care less about gaming altogether. If you havn't already try a wii. I found it brought a refreashing breath of freash air to a medium that can sometimes feel stale of fps clones and racing sims (yes the 360 was my first next gen machine.) and get you excited about gaming in general again.

Comment

Working...
                                X