No announcement yet.

E3 2018 - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the current winner for me is Ubisoft, just because they had several games I might actually buy, and I doubt anyone is going to beat the sheer surprise factor of that Starfox reveal.

Though it does suggest we won't see a proper Starfox on Nintendo's stream today.

I actually went to pre-order that pack, but it's £70 and crucially, Ubisoft charge on-pre-order, not on ship.

Comment

The winner will be crowned tonight lads

Comment

Possibly. Not a Smash fan personally but at least it's a more sociable EU time (*cough* Bethesda and Sony).

For me, so far it's probably one of Bethesda or Ubisoft. I kinda like Bethesda's lay all cards on the table approach, and they didn't miss out any of their brands. But Ubisoft had a strong showing too.

Comment

With one to go:

Ubisoft > Sony > Bethesda > MS > Square Enix > EA

Comment

MS, Ubisoft, Bethesda, SONY, Square and so far Capcom have been brilliant and Forza Horizon 4 is game of the show

Comment

Comment

Touche Nintendo, touche

Ubisoft > Sony > Bethesda > MS > Square Enix > Nintendo > EA

MS isn't last of the big three!

Comment

Sony then Ubisoft.

Did anyone else actually bother showing up to e3?

Ghost of Tsushima spanked everything like a 5 year old for game of the show and shot straight to a day 1 purchase.

Comment

Ubisoft > MS > Sony > Bethesda > Square Enix > Nintendo > EA

Pretty poor show all round though this year apart from Ubisoft.

Division 2 and Spider-Man being particular highlights for me.

Lack of SE's Avengers game and no FF7 remake made me sad!

Comment

PC Gaming Show -> Microsoft -> Ubisoft -> Nintendo -> Sony -> SquareEnix -> Bethesda -> EA

Comment

Come on guys. The real winners were us, the gamers!!

/Vomit.

Comment

My summary:

Nintendo- we've got nothing bar smash, lots and lots of smash

Sony- We kinda forgot about VR and we're already winning so why try harder?

Microsoft- Ok, we lost this one but hey, Xbox 4 yeah?!

EA- Hey! We've stopped being dicks, sort of. No encouraging children to gamble anymore (because the law says we had to stop), applaud us!

Still stuff coming out for everyone though, just not a mega E3 for me

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Still stuff coming out for everyone though, just not a mega E3 for me
                            Yeah. While I don't think any of the shows were earth-shattering, I think that we at least got a few good titles from every conference, and there was a reasonable amount of variety. Given, there were a lot of "be a sociopath in an open world wasteland filled with bad people" titles but there were plenty of others, and we didn't get ~30 "battle royale" titles like people were expecting.

This is much better than some prior years. Remember Microsoft's "TV & Sports" year? That whole year was underwhelming, if I recall correctly. It was all "social features", Kinect spying on you to show you ads, streaming video, remakes and remasters.

Comment

I do think the perceived success of E3 to people watching at home is somewhat tied to the platform holder's shows. The 'new normal' of GaaS/Live Services/MTX-ridden games and 'pretend' yearly GaaS games also means there is less to see and more predictability about the shows. I sense it might be a different experience on the actual show floor.

In the next year you'll see games like Destiny 3, Star Wars Battlefront 3 (unless respawn's game takes over the Xmas mantle), Nintendo games etc. And none of it will be announced at E3.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                EA- Hey! We've stopped being dicks, sort of. No encouraging children to gamble anymore (because the law says we had to stop), applaud us!
                                Oh man, this!

I sat up when Star Wars Battlefield II flashed up. I noted the muted clapping and one shill whooping.

“We launched our game in November of last year, and clearly we didn’t get it quite right. So instead of coming out of the gate sprinting like we really wanted to, we had to take a step back and make sure we were delivering the game that our players really wanted.”

Wake up and smell what you're shovelling!

You tried to exploit players with the minimum viable product and sell the rest back because you thought Star Wars was a licence to print money. Instead you became vilified by players, rejected by consumers, mocked on the internet, investigated by governments for inciting children to gamble and presumably got dressed down by Disney who I expect considered taking that money-printing licence away from you.

That's why you took a "step back". I'm genuinely surprised you even addressed the controversy, but that's hardly an apology.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I checked that speech and Gamespot's video of the conference has 2.3k like and 3.1k dislikes! Most the comments feature the word "boring".
                                Last edited by QualityChimp; 13-06-2018, 09:02.

Comment

Working...
                                X