Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    I've no issue with the name for that reason. It has full backwards compatibility
    It has selected backwards compatibility. Like the current Xbox One. Not everything is back compat.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      It has selected backwards compatibility. Like the current Xbox One. Not everything is back compat.
      This is important to note.

Also, the BC on the One meant you got 360 and One games each month.
      When your Live sub lapses, you can only play 360 games.

This, I assume will be the case with the new console - there will no longer be any free games if you're not subscribed.

Comment

The name is terrible. It makes it difficult to determine the difference between this and the Xbox One X. It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.
        This has to be the most flaccid console launch of all time. I mean has anyone even given a ****?

Comment

Which I feel also calls back again to the mid-gen refreshes. There's always been the risk that the XBX and PS4 Pro may have done more damage than good by winding consumer anticipation for next-gen consoles by removing a lot of the distinction between them. The naming is one of the first key differentials in the platforms and words can't convey just how important that number 5 is in the name Playstation 5 when it will come to marketing the new Sony machine. It's quite amazing that MS have gone with a name that evokes 'more of the same'

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            I meant it fully supports the backward compatibility they have already, but yes... Not all 360/Original titles are backwards compatible but a tonne of them are...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
              I meant it fully supports the backward compatibility they have already, but yes... Not all 360/Original titles are backwards compatible but a tonne of them are...
              I'll be more interested to know if nearly all Xbox One games will play on the new X system

Comment

PS5 will be getting FULL 100% bc, so thats quite a big one up over the xbox for early adopters. Rumours are 1st party games will be getting enhanced modes when used on PS5 too.

Don't mind the design of this though.

No doubt the new halo will hit pc day and date as well so theres once again ZERO reason to buy this.

Comment

I quite like the design, but it's definitely a step away from the look of a console and much closer to the look of a PC - which would be fine if it wasn't going to really clash in a lot of folks' AV cabinets. I really worry about the branding though - after living through constant complaints about how the Wii and WiiU were indistinguishable from one another, this has even less for the average punter to be able to tell it apart from the last round of machines.

Comment

Having skipped the Xbox this generation I am going to be skipping it the next as well. I can't get on board with those aesthetics at all.

Comment

Playstation 5 is the fifth iteration of the gaming console from Sony.

Xbox series X is the...X iteration of the console from MS...but not the one X iteration, that's different. Its the series X...

Comment

Microsoft Gamecube - GC
                        Microsoft X - MSX
                        Xbox X Xtreme - XXX

Also, sounds like the XSX controller has no worthwhile changes meaning money saved updating my XBO pad for PC use :thumbs:

Comment

Come on that looks crap! It's just a black rectangle. No design skill has been spared on this. I thought the One looked poor, but this takes it one step further.

Comment

By the fifth system generation of Xbox the design work will have minimised so much there'll just be a void your disc vanishes into having been stripped back that it will be defined by the sheer absence of a form of design on any level.

Presumably the cut down SKU version will be S equivalent and so will be called the Xbox Series X S
                            Or XS
                            Excess

Given MS's move towards streaming, Game Pass etc they might as well have just called this one Xbox and done away with the system naming convention altogether.

Comment

The design is not horrible, but deeply uninteresting. I wanted something where you’d look at it and think ‘That looks sick!’ rather than ‘Ah, hmm, OK’. Just pretty dull.

Comment

The clean, unassuming design is what appeals to me. The One X is a great looking console and this continues the minimal design ethic.

Only slight concern is if it vents through the top it may not go under the tv if too close to the shelf above.

Comment

Working...
                                X