Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
    It's mostly down to faith I guess, I have a lot of faith in Rockstar making their next game a great one just none that we are experiencing a dearth of other releases from them because that one next game is so resource intensive and epic in scale that it needs a decade of development.
    Last of Us 2 has taken its time but it's still coming in half the time and with its studio having released other similar scale titles in that window whilst providing a lot of support to other studios and projects. In a way Rockstar resting on their GTAO laurels feels more like Valve not making anything with a 3 in it. They could do it easily, they just can't be bothered and in doing so start to annoy the very audience that got them into the position they can enjoy that cash milk.

It just feels like a rubbish way to handle the majority of your fanbase. They've done well now but the Salt Mines are definitely going to open up if they don't show some sign of life from GTA6 very early into next gen, let alone if they have the audacity to instead rererelease GTAV on PS5/XB4
    Sony can take their time too. How long did the Last Guardian take, never mind the 5 plus years it took to make GT 5 or GT sports and those are games nothing like as advance as GTA 5 in terms of handling a living breathing world
    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 29-06-2018, 13:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear View Post
      We're probably coming to the end of this debate, but I do think the business model then were fair even if £65 SF2 was expensive etc. I genuinely believe there is no place for Loot boxes or overly manipulative business models and progression systems. And I absolutely believe more is needed to protect the consumer. Particularly where kids are concerned. That to me is probably a major difference or now versus then.
      I don't agree with you really. Loot boxes are a choice and games are no more expensive than the parts and then is far more projection to stop kids on the consoles, most parents either don't know how too, or usually just can't be assed to set Parent controls.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post

Microsoft doesn't really have that option (Blinx?!), so I hope those new studios it bought can produce some great new content.
        Think you are being a little unfair. MS have quite a lot of IP that I would to be seen used, but poor sales have no doubt meant they'll never be made. But for what its worth, I'll love to see a Midtown Madness IV, Conkers II, Raliisport III, Crimson Skies II, Kung Fu Choas II, MechAssault 3

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          I don't agree with you really. Loot boxes are a choice and games are no more expensive than the parts and then is far more projection to stop kids on the consoles, most parents either don't know how too, or usually just can't be assed to set Parent controls.
          Lootboxes are manipulative and can become very expensive. They are a choice, as are the games themselves. However they could just sell the item in question. I think enough evidence has come forward to back that point up, given the various reactions from government and consumer bodies. They promote behaviour too similar to gambling to simply ignore. If they are as you say, then simply let consumers have proper consumer rights. No harm in refunds etc.

Comment

A generation with no physical games , I’m out

Comment

Lootboxes are manipulative and can become very expensive. They are a choice, as are the games themselves. However they could just sell the item in question. I think enough evidence has come forward to back that point up, given the various reactions from government and consumer bodies. They promote behaviour too similar to gambling to simply ignore. If they are as you say, then simply let consumers have proper consumer rights. No harm in refunds etc.
              I get bored of how everything is an outrage on social media these days and the Nanny state; How its must to be up the Government to stop people from drinking too, much, eating too much, or gambling too much or even the silly heat warnings one now see (Its bloody summer, its meant to be hot)

XBox One as a Child lock that blocks kids from playing violent games, but also has 'Ask a Parent' feature when it comes to buying online content. Features that one never had on previous gen consoles with Online content

I do agree with you over the issues of refunds though
              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 30-06-2018, 11:36.

Comment

Personally I'd say long standing restrictions and health warnings on alcohol and cigarettes are reasonable. Particularly when its the tax payer that has to pay for the social and health implications. Health warnings about the current hot weather are because people can hurt themselves or their children when they don't understand the health implications. Its a balance of course.

Parental controls are one thing. But the industry has done nothing to improve the way they sell games, or be open and transparent about microtransactions. There is a reason why so many only realise what's happening once £80 dissapears from their account. Although I agree that payments cards should be restricted from children. The industry has done the bare minimum on this sort of information for a reason.

Comment

Personally I'd say long standing restrictions and health warnings on alcohol and cigarettes are reasonable. Particularly when its the tax payer that has to pay for the social and health implications. Health warnings about the current hot weather are because people can hurt themselves or their children when they don't understand the health implications. Its a balance of course.

Parental controls are one thing. But the industry has done nothing to improve the way they sell games, or be open and transparent about microtransactions. There is a reason why so many only realise what's happening once £80 dissapears from their account. Although I agree that payments cards should be restricted from children. The industry has done the bare minimum on this sort of information for a reason.
                  Whatever happend to people being responsible for their own actions. I can't see how putting the price of beer or fags up, helps anyone myself and people should be able to work out for themselves than drinking every day isn't good for you as stuff your face with takeaways . The weather warning is a joke, its only 30 degrees and don't really need the BBC or the GOV to tell us to put suncream, basic common sense should be enough :P

But that's going off topic. Today's consoles have various features built into the Hardware to restrict kids from playing unsuitable games and being blocked from buying content from the store. The XBox One Needs adult approval feature is a nice simple way of blocking kids from buying content.

The kind of feature that was never to be found in previous consoles like the PS2, DC

Comment

But you're missing the point if even with parental controls you only have 0.002% chance of getting the item you want to BUY. It's gambling!

Comment

Fortnite has no randomisation at all, nor any lootboxes.

Yet it's still crazy successful and has kids spending all their cash.
                      This is how it will be from now on.

Comment

LoL has been doing it correctly for years as well.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Fortnite has no randomisation at all, nor any lootboxes.

Yet it's still crazy successful and has kids spending all their cash.
                          This is how it will be from now on.
                          Yep. Although it's timing, exclusive items, £20 per skin and Battlepasses isn't beyond criticism. One streamer admitted to having spent £2,000 on their Epic account for the game. Crazy.

That said it's a lot better than lootboxes, but I do think every game has to be judged on it's business model, case-by-case. Fortnite probably has the balance on the fairer side, albeit skins that should arguably be much cheaper imo.

However even with Fortnite's success. Do you really think EA is going to take UT on the f2p and no lootbox model? Or activision dumps the lootbox endgame from Destiny 3? Unlikely. Some games will of course, but again unless there more change, lootboxes aren't going anywhere just yet.

Comment

But you're missing the point if even with parental controls you only have 0.002% chance of getting the item you want to BUY. It's gambling!
                            I don't agree sorry. I don't support or like loot boxes, but its a choice and also if people want to spend up to £90 on getting a Mega version of a game, that's up to them. But for me, games do not cost more and in the base version, there's ton more content that was used to be in your adv 16 bit or 32-bit game and there's plenty of measures on a console dash to stop kids spending money or playing games that they shouldn't.

I would be more worried over what kids spend and have access on the mobile/smartphone tbh.
                            Last edited by Team Andromeda; 01-07-2018, 11:54.

Comment

When Microsoft took to the Game Developers Conference in 2000 to drum up interest in the original Xbox, it used a proto…

Xbox 4 will fail... unless if brings back the ultimate Xbox design. Nice to see they still exist out there

Comment

New Controller, the Sport White Special Edition.
                                Featuring a fresh white design with mint and silver accents, and rubberised diamond grip for her pleaseure enhanced comfort.

£59.99 to you, sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X