X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-series-x-logo

The Series X logo has been discovered
    I don't mind it. Kind of looks sporty. Looks like it belongs on a sneaker.

Comment

Games consoles aren’t meant to be fun Brad. They aren’t toys. They are professional e-athlete equipment. If you don’t believe me, just look at the angular lines, the no-nonsense monotone colours. Then there’s the thrillingly specific marketing copy...

The Xbox One’s 8-core Custom AMD CPU is clocked at 2.3GHz’

2.3Ghz! Wow! Wait, is that good?

I do agree it’s not a very fun logo, although I don’t think Microsoft market Xbox much on the basis of fun. I don’t think a it’s horrible logo at all though. It reminds me of Deutsche Bank’s logo, which actually is a very good one:

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Not very fun looking :-( (Not saying any recent logos have been, just miss the Dreamcast logo as an example).
        I liked the SFC and N64 logos

Comment

Awful design for a console. The usual X was fine!

Comment

Doesn’t even say Xbox in the logo, or indicate its part of the xbox console family.

Why is MS’s branding & naming so utterly crap for the xbox division?
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 23-04-2020, 11:50.

Comment

Presumably they want continuity with reuse of the current Xbox logo and will add Series X or S as appropriate.

Comment

I think the Xbox in general has a branding problem. It's not had the same consistent logo for any generation.
                Sony just add a 5 to theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                  I think the Xbox in general has a branding problem. It's not had the same consistent logo for any generation.
                  Sony just add a 5 to theirs.
                  You don’t say 🤣, i think at this stage their branding problem is so bad its irreversible unless they just straight up go right this is xbox5 now and start over again that way to keep in line with Sonys consoles.

Comment

It’s as if Microsoft won’t have spent a small fortune consulting marketing and branding people and just slapped up a quick logo to use as a suffix.

Comment

Presumably the logo is just going to be this:

With the One replaced by the Series X logo, or it positioned below the word Xbox. Xbox marketing is fairly consistent.

I'm curious as to where MS plans to expand the availability beyond the Xbox consoles though next-gen as the console itself is incredibly unlikely to ever reach past 30-40m units at best across the Series range so their plans to expand profits via Game Pass etc will rely on getting it on as many devices as possible beyond Xbox consoles.

Comment

Being able to stream Xbox games onto the Switch Lite would be cool.

That's possible with xCloud, right?

Comment

Should be, hopefully we'll see more of those old rumours about MS and Nintendo teaming up come back as it's a set up that'd work wonders for both

Comment

Don't mind the logo and just can't wait for MS to start showing off this monster of a system over the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              Being able to stream Xbox games onto the Switch Lite would be cool.

That's possible with xCloud, right?
                              If they were allowed to drop the app into it then yes... Probably the perfect place to put it as well, even more so now you can customise the joycon buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Don't mind the logo and just can't wait for MS to start showing off this monster of a system over the next few months.
                                Latest tweet from Phil Spencer is not long for the next wave of information to arrive. I guess we're going to start seeing some real games pretty soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X