Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
    I don’t know about the PS5 but it’s already supported on Xbox. I’d imagine both systems will use FreeSync though. Although I’d prefer it if we got smooth locked 60fps all of the time so we don’t need to fall back on variable refresh rate technologies.
    Games should be 60fps as standard now 🤷

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
      Sooooo there’s a possibility Forza 8 won’t be making it this year.
      MS has shifted some of Turn 10 onto Halo Infinite duty to help finish it off because that game seemingly has had some problems, also that’s what happens when you need it to launch with your new console. Doesn’t mean we won’t see Forza 8 footage possibly just that they are working with a reduced team currently.
      There a link for this FF?

Comment

I've not seen the specific Forza link, but Phil Spencer is pretty consistent in the messaging on how they are struggling software and services side. That said I'm not clear if this was the interview a few weeks ago or in relation to next week.

Phil Spencer: Xbox Series X still set to launch on schedule, but games could be delayed

Comment

I mean it’s obvious game dev was going to be hugely affected, the amount of data a dev will be working with and transferring around the studio on a daily basis must be mind boggling when putting huge games together. I don’t see how that’s practical at all especially in the US where their internet is so expensive and capped.

Saying that, 343 have had more than enough time, Halo should of been long done now and be in constant testing debugging.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            There a link for this FF?
            Not yet BUT it was on a stream so if it’s not conveniently edited out because the guy was a bit tipsy and looked a bit EEK after he said it, I’ll post it when they put it up.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
              [MENTION=3542]Team Andromeda[/MENTION] if I'm honest, no.

I think I need to go and hunt for games with really bad tearing to see how they look.

Any recommendations of games with poor tearing?
              The only ones that really bother me is Wolfenstein and F1.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                teddymeow mentioned the C9 and I think that’s a very good option. Has most of the stuff that’s in this years LG sets but will be cheap as stocks are cleared. They even added the HGiG support via a firmware update. I’m going to hang on to the back end of the year. Got to move house first but hopefully once I get a new place I’ll be able to wall mount a TV so the LG GX is top of my list at present.
                I'm thinking of hanging on, but then also would like one for the Summer, ready for the run up to the launch of the Series X. And with 2 Holidays already cancelled and June's looking pretty gone , now have some unexpected cash burning a hole in my pocket.

Btw all the best for move
                Last edited by Team Andromeda; 02-05-2020, 04:15.

Comment

The lack of games at launch won’t bother some people. With the Xbox BC it’ll be a bit like when you upgrade your pc won’t it? You put on some old favourites to see if they look any better and re enjoy some old titles.

Comment

DOOM Eternal at 2160p and 60fps locked sounds good to me.

Comment

Have to assume Halo: Infinite will be ready along with at least one other key title. There'l 100% need to be something to showcase the system as BC won't sell squat. Whilst it works great on boosting up stuff on XBX that system didn't shift the needle for MS one jot and MS need XSX not to look like another mid-gen refresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        Have to assume Halo: Infinite will be ready along with at least one other key title. There'l 100% need to be something to showcase the system as BC won't sell squat. Whilst it works great on boosting up stuff on XBX that system didn't shift the needle for MS one jot and MS need XSX not to look like another mid-gen refresh.
                        How are they going to do that with no exclusive titles? The console will launch with only better looking games that are on a console you already own. That sounds, looks and feels exactly like a mid gen refresh.

Comment

This ^^^ is a good point. It’ll feel like getting a PS4 pro or a one x

Comment

The big thing is, if you've got game pass you're not paying for these titles when they drop.

I don't mind if Forza doesn't come out this year but I think it'll be a shame if Halo missed the launch day because let's be honest MS want to recapture that magic from the original Xbox launch and the pandemic is scuppering those plans with now.

I read somewhere that Gears Tactics might get it's condor launch right around Series X launch. That's another game that surely will hit the launch with ease but won't exactly be new and special as you can play it on PC right now. Still, it's something.

I'm actually holding back on a few titles just to play them later this year. Doom Eternal being one... Control being another. I've got enough backlog to last me 50 pandemic lockdowns so I'm in no rush.

I will get the Series X day one though. I don't see the point in waiting given there may be hardware shortages. If I can get my hands on one at the RRP then I'm good to do that.

Comment

The other day they revealed that there are 10m Game Pass users so presuming a percentage of the 40m XBO sales are people who have bought multiple units or long since sold theirs on there's probably 20-25m owners who don't use the service. It's definitely a conundrum for them though and the figure is good for a subscription service but makes it very hard to believe it can continue as it exists indefinitely as it's effectively resting on the rocky basis of microtransactions to keep it in the green.

For software, even though the games will be available on XBO as well it's more a marketing thing. If the XSX versions of the games look significantly better than the XBX version then the hype wave may help them. With arguably on one major release (Gears 5) within a full two year window they'll need it too as they're launching a new generation coming from the most stagnant position Xbox has ever been in.

It'll be interesting to see if XBX and XBO fall in price more too. They should be hitting rock bottom but making them so affordable will only harm XSX sales.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

I will get the Series X day one though. I don't see the point in waiting given there may be hardware shortages. If I can get my hands on one at the RRP then I'm good to do that.
                                Can't wait either, Day one too . Looking forward to what MS shows next week and next month Really hope the moment you step on the Planet on Halo Infinite, is just as awe inspiring as the original Halo .

Comment

Working...
                                X