No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't watch it live and glad I didn't. I think there are lots of factors going on, but I think it's fair to say the Xbox team delivered a dud. They do need to be careful because first impressions are everything and sometimes really simple things stick.

Comment

I think they showed what they can and in the only format possible. I don't think you can blame the Xbox team here either, well not completely. I get it was their choice to show something but equally this was all 3rd party trailers so the ability to control what is in those trailers isn't totally for Xbox to dictate.

It wasn't all bad either, there were a few stand out titles though not many of the 13 shown.

Comment

I just don't understand why they chose these games as the first games to show off their new console.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          I just don't understand why they chose these games as the first games to show off their new console.
          To make their first party offerings look better?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post

It wasn't all bad either, there were a few stand out titles though not many of the 13 shown.

Agreed. Some nice games, I guess bandwidth issues made MS show them off in low res. When you watch the trailers on YouTube they looked miles better graphically. Dirt 5 mud effects look incredible and the new AC game looked awesome too.

Can't wait to see the In-House stuff next

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              Case in point, Red Dead 2. Over 1000 people nearly 10 years. Just not doable.
              Of course, it's doable. Even back in the old days, 'some' games would take years and years to make. I mean Daikatana took 5, Half-Life 2 took 6 years and sometimes new more powerful hardware can help as with The Last Guardian (Which was in development hell on the PS3)

Not all developers take as long as Rockstar. Dice and the likes of Ubisoft are always able to push out next-gen titles early in that are handling stuff the previous gen couldn't.

Comment

Ah yes, Ubisoft. You can always count on them to lead the pack and show everyone else precisely how it's done! When it comes to innovations in software design their class is unparalleled.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  Ah yes, Ubisoft. You can always count on them to lead the pack and show everyone else precisely how it's done! When it comes to innovations in software design their class is unparalleled.
                  Who cares about innovation?. I just want a game to look, sound and play well
                  I don't care if it's original or not. Can't wait for the Division 3

Comment

As I have an Xbox one x, presumably I already have an Xbox series X? Like I have the first one in that series. It says X in the title. Twice in fact.

Comment

My brother said something about them cutting the stream due to the amount of dislikes , was that true ?

Comment

It was definitely a misfire of a presentation, MS just can't get their act together from a marketing perspective. They shouldn't have spelled out their plans for July either as it's all too easy now for Sony to show off their games next month, in a presentation that would likely confirm the likes of Valhalla and Dirt 5 will arrive on PS5 as well in identical form, and the thunder is completely stolen from Microsoft. If they show off the likes of Horizon 2 and it looks suitably next-gen then that wow moment has been gifted to their rival once again. MS has been ahead of Sony on info every step of the way and yet they somehow continue to fail to make much impact.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                          That’s AAA games for you.

Shame they showed no gameplay of them sailing a boat, using and an and climbing up a building .i just can’t comprehend how that slow pan across a natural looking landscape might look.
                          Last edited by EvilBoris; 08-05-2020, 15:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            It was definitely a misfire of a presentation, MS just can't get their act together from a marketing perspective. They shouldn't have spelled out their plans for July either as it's all too easy now for Sony to show off their games next month, in a presentation that would likely confirm the likes of Valhalla and Dirt 5 will arrive on PS5 as well in identical form, and the thunder is completely stolen from Microsoft. If they show off the likes of Horizon 2 and it looks suitably next-gen then that wow moment has been gifted to their rival once again. MS has been ahead of Sony on info every step of the way and yet they somehow continue to fail to make much impact.
                            Is it perhaps that MS have never really had to sell anything. Their main money maker is windows, which comes preloaded on everything anyway. Most of the software is the same, and new softwares like PowerBI just makes sense to buy if your running Windows anyway.
                            I can't really think of anything MS have successfully advertised and sold lots of.

Comment

Surface tablets, laptops?

Comment

The anime game Scarlet Nexus that was shown yesterday is also coming to almost every other platform:

SCARLET NEXUS is also coming to PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4 and PC on Steam®.

From the Namco Bandai email that just went out.

Comment

Working...
                                X