No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 gig of GDDR6 ram should finally get this running at a reasonable speed.
    On a serious note, do we know how much room the UI takes up?

Comment

Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://youtu.be/zqUgBjrNIeA

Apparently the Series X will use the same UI as the upcoming update of the Xbox One version. Great for fans, bad if you hate the existing UI style and hoped for something new.
        So they’ve updated the store with something simple and easy to locate items however left the front end as the current abomination? Uggggghhhhhhh.

Comment

No this is in beta for the store using MS new fluid design. The front end is also getting a makeover using the same design but it's not part of this beta code that has been discovered so they can't show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            16 gig of GDDR6 ram should finally get this running at a reasonable speed.
            On a serious note, do we know how much room the UI takes up?
            On Xbox One the OS has 138gb of space set aside for it (although the data itself is only about 2GB), I’d expect it to be a similarly large chunk on the SX

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              On Xbox One the OS has 138gb of space set aside for it (although the data itself is only about 2GB), I’d expect it to be a similarly large chunk on the SX
              I read the question to mean the amount of RAM Xbox Series X will use in the background, rather than the amount needed for storage of the OS, Restore etc. on the disk drive.

Wikipedia states the Xbox One reserves 3GB of RAM for the OS etc. and the rumours were a similar level for Xbox Series X.

Apologies if I'm mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                I read the question to mean the amount of RAM Xbox Series X will use in the background, rather than the amount needed for storage of the OS, Restore etc. on the disk drive.

Wikipedia states the Xbox One reserves 3GB of RAM for the OS etc. and the rumours were a similar level for Xbox Series X.

Apologies if I'm mistaken.
                Ah yeah, It could have been that too.
                I'd expect it to be more than the Xbox one, it may even be the entire 6GB of the "slower" memory that the SX has

Comment

I'd expect it to be more than the Xbox one, it may even be the entire 6GB of the "slower" memory that the SX has
                  I might be wrong too, but either way there is an answer

Comment

Can’t remember where I read it but the reservation is apparently 2.5GB on the new systems.

Comment

Sorry everybody, barring a disaster sony will win again, even with a weaker machine on specs, dont think sony will ever drop the ball again like ps3.
                      Xbox problem is not enough exclusives over sony,

Comment

This sounds like a great idea, but the selection is limited and its up to the developers discretion. Meaning if they want to charge twice they will.

Here at Xbox, we’re building the future of gaming by putting players first and ensuring that you are at the center and in control of your gaming experience. Whether you’re exploring an expansive library of Xbox Game Pass titles with more than 10 million of your fellow gamers or taking your gaming on the go with Project xCloud, it’s clear that the future of gaming is brighter than ever.   Nowhere is that […]

Comment

Originally posted by goldsmith View Post
                          Xbox problem is not enough exclusives over sony,
                          Sony has the Far East market and a much bigger userbase globally. The Xbox brand isn't close to matching how popular the PlayStation brand is globally.

So Sony would really have to drop the ball, like they did with the PS3, and piss off developers to lose ground to the Xbox.

The PS5 will be a huge success and easily sell far more than the Xbox Series X. MS are very focused on the Xbox brand going hand in hand with the PC market. so that helps the Xbox brand stay relevant in some territories, even if an Xbox console won't ever match the PlayStation when it comes to sales.

I'm definitely going to end up with both machines, because they both have a lot to offer. But in some parts of the world, the Xbox won't even be a consideration. It's been the case since the days of the PS2 vs Xbox.
                          Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-06-2020, 21:43.

Comment

I can honestly see GamePass ending up on Switch at some point via xCloud.

Comment

With how MS talks up about the focus on Game Pass and getting their software experienced by as many people as possible the only way they'll accomplish that is to get xCloud upgraded and finished, launched fully and on as many other platforms as possible. Switch makes a huge amount of sense but tbh if Series X fails to gain enough traction they really should look at launching it on PS5 as well as the whole concept largely makes them a software platform going forward rather than a hardware one anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                I can honestly see GamePass ending up on Switch at some point via xCloud.
                                Nintendo won’t even allow Netflix will they?

Comment

Working...
                                X