No announcement yet.

Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely f2p games too. Won't be susceptible to this. I just 'sense' the abuse probably isn't the absolute minuscule amount we think it is. It's human behaviour and the reason DRM or systems like this exist.

Although it was more of an aside point, than probably contributing to the original point.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      There's been a lot of Japanese games development for the PS4 and now the upcoming PS5, so I thought that had something to do with the PlayStation brand still being popular and relevant to Japanese gamers. Are Japanese devs very much focused on the West and wider global market?.
      Even for SONY sales in Japan aren't that great and when SONY looked to launch the PS4 in the USA before Japan that told you all you needed to know

Are Japanese devs very much focused on the West and wider global market?
      Look at Square, Once they didn't even bother much with the West, now games like FF sell far more in the USA alone.

I think Sony have done a great job with the PS4, VR, and games development.
      I agree with the PS4, not so much with PSVR. SONY has done little In-House to make PSVR worthwhile. The tech is amazing, but 3rd parties have looked to make the best games for it IMO

Comment

Well it's a feature intended for family sharing. So the idea is you won't be a swine and lock out the other person. As I said it has to be someone you trust as you're giving them your account on their local machine.

I've used it a few times for co-op but admittedly these days game pass has that many games in it anyway I've not used this in over a year.

I just remember it being great to play stuff only one of you owned without asking your mate to stump up some cash to grab a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          Even for SONY sales in Japan aren't that great and when SONY looked to launch the PS4 in the USA before Japan that told you all you needed to know

Look at Square, Once they didn't even bother much with the West, now games like FF sell far more in the USA alone.

I agree with the PS4, not so much with PSVR. SONY has done little In-House to make PSVR worthwhile. The tech is amazing, but 3rd parties have looked to make the best games for it IMO
          Go play Astro Bot with a vr headset and come back to us and say Sony in house is doing very little. Thee most underrated game of the generation and as a platformer up there with Mario Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
            Go play Astro Bot with a vr headset and come back to us and say Sony in house is doing very little. Thee most underrated game of the generation and as a platformer up there with Mario Odyssey.
            Not played it but heard great things. By underrated do you mean it didn't sell well? I'm assuming it gained a cult following but didn't achieve big market appeal.

I guess that's the problem with VR. You can't explain how good it is or try it out without having the kit and simple videos don't do it justice.

Comment

I have the game and the PSVR Thank you
              but it's one AAA game from SONY. While most of their In-House Teams look to skip VR or where in the likes of GT Sports is crap.

Comment

And Blood & Truth. Awesome stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  And Blood & Truth. Awesome stuff!!
                  Have that too. Little else though from the In-House teams. That's been the trouble from SONY, a little like with the Vita.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    I guess that's the problem with VR. You can't explain how good it is or try it out without having the kit and simple videos don't do it justice.
                    This is the trap Astro Bot fell into. I don’t like vr personally as it makes me sick as heck in 20 seconds flat, yet I played it start to finish in one sitting.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 17-06-2020, 14:13.

Comment

I think if Sony are serious about VR they need to put a VR mode on all first party games going forward. I'd play horizon 2 in VR.

Comment

RE: West vs East, the West is a much, much bigger market. There are 330m odd people in the US alone. Then another 300m+ in the bigger Western European countries (UK, Germany, Spain, France, Italy). Japan is about 125m people.

With the numbers now required to make a major videogame or game console successful, it just makes sense to focus on the West first. It doesn't mean they don't care about the Japanese market, but they would be crazy to prioritise launching there with a major global product.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          RE: West vs East, the West is a much, much bigger market. There are 330m odd people in the US alone. Then another 300m+ in the bigger Western European countries (UK, Germany, Spain, France, Italy). Japan is about 125m people.
                          That's been the case for years, but long gone are the days when FF sell over 3 million copies in Japan alone

Comment

Yep, the Japanese market has shrunk, I'm not disagreeing. I only wanted to make the point that it's only a part of the picture when looking at why games consoles and games launch outside of Japan first now.

Comment

I think VR is great but even the best selling headset, PSVR, has barely shifted 5 million units in years on sale. That’s an attach rate of less than 5%. I just don’t think the market is there for AAA or even AA PSVR exclusives.
                              Sony need to do marketing and support deals to get Call of Doody and other proper heavy hitters on PSVR.

Comment

Combined VR headset sales are probably around ~15 million. That's getting to a point were developers should start taking it seriously I think. The big thing about VR users is that they are all begging for games.

Comment

Working...
                                X