Xbox - Series S/X: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    I hope... hope that it means MS will get a lot more new IP's out over the course of the generation given the lack of Halo and Forza installments. To be honest, I'm already worried at the prospect of Forza Horizon 5 becoming a GAAS title as well. I'm likely to claim a free fortnight for each game as they come out and cane them like normal which is great value but I've got sod all interest in playing the same installment for months or years and by the time they launch a new one (343 have already talked about 10 years of Infinite) I will have missed all updates for Infinite and have been away from the series so long I won't care less about the new one. Much like how GTA6 is at the point were my anticipation is actively dropping with each year Rockstar dosses off releasing it.
    That's another big issue going in on GaaS, and that is keeping the game relevant and in people's minds. Keeping people interested in a game for 10 years is a big ask.

Comment

Game Pass isn't for me either. I've been through phases of game overload before and it's not a good fit for me. I also don't like the uncertainty of starting something that might get removed from the service before I get it finished.

My son loves Game Pass though. He tries plenty of games ... sees what he likes ... tries things his friends are playing. He loves it.

Microsoft seem to be setting their stall out to further differentiate from Sony. It's probably a good move. The xbox experience and the PlayStation experience should offer different things/ways to approach gaming.

Comment

Rare has been quiet on EverWild because they're still working on what the gameplay itself will be like in an update that suggests the game is a long way from release.

Comment

I for one love the clear messaging from MS and all the gameplay footage they showed.

Comment

It's difficult to get excited by anything from Rare anymore - their output hasn't been fried gold in a long long time. I know there are fans of Sea of Thieves, but I've tried it a couple of times and it remains uninstalled on my Xbox.

Comment

It's interesting to hear the game pass comments. I jumped on the service when they offered the $1 conversion and I'm good till Nov 2021 right now.

It can be very overwhelming much like looking through netflix is but equally I also have a backlog of shame as long as my arm that I paid for so it's not exactly a new problem! Not for me anyway.

I've found these days I have 2-3 titles on the go. Usually one big one, then a few smaller ones to palate cleanse in-between. If anything game pass has lessened my backlog by adding more options. I've tried a tonne of great smaller games for shorter durations from the service but equally I'm going back to my older games to complete them and not having a desire to buy too many new titles simply because for a few I've already got access to them.

The only games I've bought recently are Control, Doom Eternal and Mad Max (for £5). Everything else I've played over the past 6-9 months has either been old stuff I'm finishing off or game pass stuff I've gotten day one.

All up it hasn't changed my consumption of games too much other than being happy to try more indie games without the harm of buyers remorse. I've also bought games as they've left game pass as I liked them so much (shadow of the tomb raider and some Indies).

Comment

I think that's why the most common summary of the Showcase is 'Great for Game Pass, Awful for Series X' as it's the right one.

Comment

PSO2 Crossfire looks good, it's great to see its not just staying in Japan.

With that said, I'm not sure I'll play it. Don't get me wrong, I really like PSO2, but I ran into the familiar problem of it taking up too much of my gaming time. I'd log on each evening and spend a few hours doing quests and such which was really fun, but it left me no time to play anything else.

Games like this are great if you're OK with dedicating your time to one title but my backlog is just too big for that. It's the same reason I won't go back to FFXIV, even though I'd love to.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...lay-ideas/#nnn
                    Rare has been quiet on EverWild because they're still working on what the gameplay itself will be like in an update that suggests the game is a long way from release.
                    Hm, that's a shame, as it was probably the most interesting thing I saw in the show yesterday. First Rare game I've seen and wanted to play in a long time! Shall dampen my expectations and wait, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      Hm, that's a shame, as it was probably the most interesting thing I saw in the show yesterday. First Rare game I've seen and wanted to play in a long time! Shall dampen my expectations and wait, I guess.
                      Don’t worry it will probably never even get released.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Cool. Would really like Tetris Connected on PS.
                        This is coming to PS4 next year as a free update to people who already own Effect. Yus!

Comment

Looks like MS are not going for cross gen after all reading this. Even though they said they were for months now.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            It's difficult to get excited by anything from Rare anymore - their output hasn't been fried gold in a long long time. I know there are fans of Sea of Thieves, but I've tried it a couple of times and it remains uninstalled on my Xbox.
                            I felt very much the same about it, until really recently when a few of us got together and gave it a good go. There are campaign like missions now which are for more focussed in terms of an end goal, unlike the launch version of that game which was the same repetitive quests over and over.
                            Whilst you can play it by yourself, I think the Crystal maze-esque solving of the puzzles as a team is what makes it enjoyable.

But I can’t say I’m enthused about another experience like that , it looked really pretty, but told us nothing . Like a bunch of trailers yesterday
                            Last edited by EvilBoris; 24-07-2020, 12:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              Looks like MS are not going for cross gen after all reading this. Even though they said they were for months now.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...xt-gen-promise
                              The articles are beyond stupid, Microsoft said there will be no exclusive first party games for a couple of years
                              3 (?) games without dates are teased that are a couple of years away are shown as exclusives.

The Verge and Gamespot claimed Microsoft had lied and has walked back on their statement games would
                              Not be exclusive a couple of years.

Even stranger is how there is a huge chunk of the “community” who berated that decision and are now berating them based upon this article. It’s almost comedic.

It amazes me how hard people (and websites now) are trying to stir up non-existent controversy.
                              It seems that cottage industry in Xbox negativity is still going strong
                              Last edited by EvilBoris; 24-07-2020, 12:38.

Comment

NEXT GEN!

I love how they've absolutely nailed the realism on those trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X