Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Amiga games, the Amiga 500 Mini will be available in early 2022 for £120/$130/€140.

A few years after the mini console boom comes the turn of another classic system - the Amiga.Similar to the C64 Mini - …

Comment

I had a 600 so it didn't look exactly like this one. But for nostalgia, I'm tempted, just to have it on a shelf.

Comment

By Amiga standards Zool was rubbish. Plenty of good games on the system!

Comment

Grand Theft Auto 5's next-gen update: Expanded And Enhanced Edition, will run at 4K60 FPS on the PlayStation 5. That's …

Upgraded version of 7 year old game runs at 4K60 on next gen ... How magical.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...un-at-4k60-fps

Upgraded version of 7 year old game runs at 4K60 on next gen ... How magical.
            It's the ridiculous loading time that needs sorting. Next gen I want that game loading in seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              It's the ridiculous loading time that needs sorting. Next gen I want that game loading in seconds.
              Didn’t a modder fix this by taking some code out which did this very thing? Which rockstar then acknowledged.

Comment

I had a 600 so it didn't look exactly like this one. But for nostalgia, I'm tempted, just to have it on a shelf.
                Still have my A1200 & a few games but I'll be grabbing one of these
                The list of announced titles is enough to sell me on it with more to come & the ability to side load from USB is the icing on the cake

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Didn’t a modder fix this by taking some code out which did this very thing? Which rockstar then acknowledged.
                  Yeah that rings a bell... Honestly if this didn't run at 4K60 I would be annoyed. Then again, I don't care either way as I'm not triple dipping on this until it's bargain bucket cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    By Amiga standards Zool was rubbish. Plenty of good games on the system!
                    the Amiga's kinda weird for me; I love [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]'s coverage of it because while it certainly did have great games, as a kid at the time who really wanted a console (we had the Amiga for my dad's work) all I played were its poor Megadrive/SNES imitiations like Zool, Body Blows, and poor conversions.

Some day I should look up the machine's actual good games.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      the Amiga's kinda weird for me; I love [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION]'s coverage of it because while it certainly did have great games, as a kid at the time who really wanted a console (we had the Amiga for my dad's work) all I played were its poor Megadrive/SNES imitiations like Zool, Body Blows, and poor conversions.

Some day I should look up the machine's actual good games.
                      I remember laughing at how bad Street Fighter 2 was on the Amiga compared to the Super Nintendo. My older brother had the Amiga i had the Super Nintendo, he had a lot more games than me god knows where he got them all but they all had weird synth music intros and cracked by the !!!!code bandits!!!! or some rubbish on the title screen, piracy on that thing was through the roof. he did have some cool games on it though things like monkey island 2 with its 10 different disks gave you a real workout getting up every five minutes to swap them about, stunt car racer was great too as where things like magic pockets, Alien Breed, and The Chaos Engine. I'm quite nostalgic for the shadow of the beast series too despite it just being a graphics showcase for the time.

you got weird sponsorship deals on the Amiga too, i wonder if penguin biscuits will still be in robocod or if chupachup lollies will still be all over Zool
                      Last edited by Lebowski; 11-08-2021, 09:29.

Comment

Lemmings Series
                        Sensible Soccer
                        Turrican 2
                        Elite
                        Frontier
                        Syndicate
                        Worms
                        Populous
                        It came from the desert
                        Canon Fodder
                        Speedball 2
                        Apidya (great shoot em up!)
                        Rainbow Islands
                        Another World
                        Flashback

Comment

I used to love Assassin on the Amiga. It was probably absolute crap, but as a kid it seemed great.

Comment

Was Rocket Ranger any good? I remember loving that.

Comment

I used to love Assassin on the Amiga. It was probably absolute crap, but as a kid it seemed great.
                              Its like Team 17 said we can make a version of Strider and just ran with it

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X