Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've got to make your line in the sand somewhere I guess. There are plenty of games I've avoided because they've focussed on DLC, season passes and loot crates before the game's even out, so I get you.

I think you're being overly harsh on Hello Games in this case and Sean Murray has definitely learned his lesson, now that he knows people will literally threaten to kill him over missing butterflies.

Maybe you should compromise and get it in a sale?
    Then, you're giving them your money, but not as much of it!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      That would be incredible. I've really enjoyed Wreckfest after receiving it from PS+. It plays really well. A new Stuntman from that team would just be such a beautiful thing.

Aw, I've gone and got all hyped for it now, and I bet it's not even what they're actually working on
      I'm pretty sure I would rudely jostle past you to the front of a queue for Stuntman 3.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Their worst mistake was to go multi-platform, from base XB1 all the way up to RTX PC. That must have been waaaay too much of a spread. They should have had the whole team perfecting the PC version before trickling it down to the console ports.

I purposely didn't get swallowed up in any pre-release hype at all. All I had to go off of was that gameplay demo from 2018, so when I finally got to play I was very happy with it. I didn't encounter game-breaking bugs, however, immersion-breaking ones were everywhere.
        I agree, but with one slight exception - they should've focused on either worst case or mid case. Being too optimistic about performance was a big part of the problem. We saw a very similar issue with Balan Wonderworld, which is why it ran like a dog on Switch. Developers should, generally, if spread across many platforms, focus on either their middle case (then push up/pull down) or worst case (and only push up). That's if they're really serious about creating a good experience for those who are at the bottom rung of the ladder.

Unfortunately a lot of developers aren't; they probably own a great gaming PC and the top consoles themselves, being so close to the product, so while they're happy to take the money of those at the low end, they're not quite so invested in it themselves. And this kinda makes sense; I'm sure the executives at Titleist have awesome golf clubs; not the £30-for-a-set crap you get from Sports Direct. Very few Hollywood movie directors watch movies on a 28" LCD TV from the middle aisle of Aldi.

They can start on the high case and only pull down, but only if they plan for this being a significant amount of work. Few developers are willing to do this. What's puzzling about this is that CDPR know this, because of the work that was required to get The Witcher 3 to run on Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I'm pretty sure I would rudely jostle past you to the front of a queue for Stuntman 3.
          If it's next gen only, you can come over and play it at my house, but you'll be stuck with the Mad Catz controller with the square button that doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            What's puzzling about this is that CDPR know this, because of the work that was required to get The Witcher 3 to run on Switch.
            It's very clear that Cyberpunk was a disaster. Something went badly wrong with that game. There seemed to be much more wrong with that game than just a misfire on the target specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...th-anniversary
              On 17th September THQ Nordic has said it will do a special 10th Anniversary live stream where it will reveal 6 new titles which will see popular franchises revived. Looking at the list of franchises they own it's hard to get excited at the potential in that but they do own:

-Full Spectrum Warrior
              -Stuntman
              -Second Sight
              -Alone in the Dark

So... maybe?
              Don't toy with me brother...

Comment

With Hello Games, they got the hyping wrong even if partly consumers were also to blame for expecting too much from what was clearly a small team indie game too. The main thing with them has always been in the post-release effort they've put in, we're arguably at the point where they're long past debts repaid on gamers faith. I don't know how well it still sells, hopefully well but they shouldn't walk away from it feeling bad anymore when the time comes.

With CDPR and Cyberpunk it's the opposite really. PS4 and XBO were blatantly not underpowered for the job, they didn't overstretch the resources either. CDPR could have cut all console versions and it would likely have just resulted in belated ports that didn't sell well due to hype bubbles bursting. Even if the PC version had've been technically on point the game would have still massively underwhelmed. It's not that it's even a title that isn't fun, it was to a reasonable extent, but it's a hugely more simple game than hype had it made out to be and it's all too apparent that it's failure to deliver on the promises is deep rooted right down to the core of its design. It's a simple, average length FPS and literally nothing more. To make a sequel that meets the promises that were made of 2077 would be to make a completely different game entirely. Best thing CDPR could do now is to cut and run with the cash, abandon the IP and work on something new again rather than try and make a sequel and raise old arguments up when the reveal hits, it's a tainted brand marred by an average and forgettable game.

Comment

Beyond a Steel Sky comes to consoles in November

Comment

I got NMS on release and never regretted it in the slightest.
                    The VR update was beyond immense.
                    I've found myself not enjoying it so much recently...5 years since release.
                    I'll pop back on for this new update, but never actually touched Expeditions due to baby.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      5 years since release.
                      No wait wha...damn it's been 5 years already O__o

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        It's very clear that Cyberpunk was a disaster. Something went badly wrong with that game. There seemed to be much more wrong with that game than just a misfire on the target specs.
                        Did you manage to play it? I was under the impression you only have a Switch. It's absolutely in no way a disaster like un-modded Skyrim still is.

I think you'd love it. The city is a masterpiece in world design, the dialogue is excellent, and all the characters and even lowly side-quests have tons of life to them. You can kind of craft your own journey by taking quests which suit, rather than just blindly gobbling everything up like a completionist.

I'm never one for narrative in games but not once did I not feel like I wasn't sat in the main role of a crazy Verhoeven flick.

Comment

I especially love the traffic that turns into 10x10 pixels when you take a step back too far. But he’s right on the story, dialogue and characters are good, not amazing but good. Technically its a disaster though and needed another 2 years for testing and polish.
                          Last edited by fishbowlhead; 03-09-2021, 06:27.

Comment

I'd say it's not just technically sound on a decent PC, but technically ground-breaking. It's a shame everyone can't experience it that way.

Hence why I firmly believe it should have been a PC exclusive all along. I'm getting 70-90 FPS with Psycho (max) settings pushing the 3080 to fire on all cylinders, with maximum DLSS assistance at 1440p. I don't think the "next-gen" patch is going to add that much unless they perform a Nintendo when it comes to optimisation. Something tells me they won't get the time for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...th-anniversary
                              On 17th September THQ Nordic has said it will do a special 10th Anniversary live stream where it will reveal 6 new titles which will see popular franchises revived. Looking at the list of franchises they own it's hard to get excited at the potential in that but they do own:

-Full Spectrum Warrior
                              -Stuntman
                              -Second Sight
                              -Alone in the Dark

So... maybe?

Comment

deBlob!

Comment

Working...
                                X