X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-of-sumo-group
    Tencent's purchase of Sumo Digital is being investigated by the US Security Panel
    Not quite sure what it has to do with them; Tencent is Chinese and Sumo is British, even if they employ some American workers.

The UK government doesn't get involved when Chinese companies buy shares in EA.

Comment

This is doing the rounds. Apparently, not content with knocking game performance Denuvo is owned by a parent company that has faked its own awards record, promotes hate speech, is under investigation, is involved in conversion therapy, is being targetted by the International Commission of Jurists, is in breach of human rights, is in financial decline and is also at risk of having all of its assests frozen.

That's quite the wrap sheet for partner companies to be attached to if true
      Last edited by Neon Ignition; 02-11-2021, 10:14.

Comment

Been having a laugh at all problems Amazons New World has around duplication of gold and items, not just the server transfers allowing it so easily in game, but alot of the code is done client side so simple cheat engines allowing you get as much gold as want, dupe items or create them, , you'd think Amazon would have learned a lesson Everquest did back in 98, let alone something like Runescape or big games back in the day like from 2004 WoW and FFXI.

also had it has fantastic glitch where dragging around a windowed version makes you invincible.
        Last edited by Tobal; 02-11-2021, 11:40.

Comment

After Gleylancer last month, Ratalaika Games is publishing Gynoug for modern consoles in the next few days.

QUByte Interactive (who?!) has recently republished The Immortal and seems to have plans to do the same for Canon: The Legend of the New Gods, The Humans and Brave Battle Saga: The Legend of the Magic Warrior.

It's cool that these publishers, otherwise known for their shovelware catalogues, are bringing back some Mega Drive games, some of which are even good!

Comment

Epic will shut down Fortnite in China (called Fortress Night there) on November 15. No official explanation has been given other than "the testing has come to an end", but it's speculated it's due to the Chinese government's ongoing tightening of videogame regulations.
            Fortnite has been available in China since 2018, but has never been officially launched, instead being in "test mode" all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              Epic will shut down Fortnite in China (called Fortress Night there) on November 15. No official explanation has been given other than "the testing has come to an end", but it's speculated it's due to the Chinese government's ongoing tightening of videogame regulations.
              Fortnite has been available in China since 2018, but has never been officially launched, instead being in "test mode" all these years.
              I think it's a few things, though that's definitely a factor. It was a very different game, with a totally different strategy for monetisation.

A lot of developers are going to have to think carefully about how they proceed, now. It's clear that the Chinese government would prefer videogames don't exist unless they're recruitment tools for the PLA.

Comment

E4 has released a first look at the new GamesMaster show.The trailer, below, reveals a familiar audience-fuelled compet…

First trailer for GamesMaster

Looks true to the old show but they could have made more effort on Trevor's effects

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...mesmaster-show
                  First trailer for GamesMaster

Looks true to the old show but they could have made more effort on Trevor's effects

He looks like The Mekon with his head all stretched!

Comment

The effects on Trev are probably the least cringe thing about that t-railer.

Comment

Is Dave Perry on the first show?

Comment

LOL no thanks it was dire back in the day & i see from the trailer nothing has changed, i only watched it because anything related to gaming was rare on tv so it was that or nothing. I know people look back fondly as if it was the best thing ever, i was not one of them my standards for gaming tv are a lot higher in 2021

Comment

The gaming shows were terrible back then. Didn't the producer use her son as a consultant? Those terrible challenges. Never covering so much stuff. I remember feeling embarrassed enough to never watch them with company. Terrible joystick jokes even made you cringe as a kid. Then Bad Influence started oh first episode has a secret level select for Sonic. I know games journos were scary outcasts so no wonder they never used them to design the shows. But if you had left junior school these shows were really bad. And GM had this gothic oppresive atmosphere like you were tuning in to some ritual sacrifice.

Comment

I was a massive Mean Machines fanboy back in the day, so I used to feel ecstatic when the staffers would sometimes appear on the show.

Mean Machines and C&VG... Those were the last and only times I had any respect for games journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              I was a massive Mean Machines fanboy back in the day, so I used to feel ecstatic when the staffers would sometimes appear on the show.

Mean Machines and C&VG... Those were the last and only times I had any respect for games journalism.
                              I purchased every issue but looking back they were too young to know what ethics were. Once you read it there was nothing to go back to. Superplay were decent for spelling out pal and ntsc differences.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X