X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're selling Skyrim again for £50!!
    Aaahahahahaha...**** off!!

Comment

Is this the edition that breaks mods compatibility because they changed the game compiler?

Comment

I’d buy it if they added a proper ending.

This is a lie. I won’t buy it.

Comment

I’m back playing morrowind! Looks pretty nice when modded up

Comment

It’s cute that they’re serving up drastically reduced loading times as a selling point. That would have required absolutely no effort whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
              It’s cute that they’re serving up drastically reduced loading times as a selling point. That would have required absolutely no effort whatsoever.
              I'm pretty sure the current version loads in a few seconds now anyway on the ps5 just because of raw tech.
              This version better have RT and particle effects coming out of its arse to warrant £50. Even £20 to upgrade is too much.

Comment

It will be worse, in every way, than an even mildly modded version of Skyrim as it is now I reckon and as Dave says, put Skyrim on an nvme drive on the pc and loads times vanish so zero effort needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                  I’m back playing morrowind! Looks pretty nice when modded up
                  I'm thinking about doing this via OpenMW.

Any tips on mods/mod packs you found particularly useful?

Comment

I think there is a 4k60 mod on consoles already IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I'm thinking about doing this via OpenMW.

Any tips on mods/mod packs you found particularly useful?
                      I’ll let you know, here. I tried openmw out yesterday. I don’t think it was any better tbh and you can’t import a game save from the official version either. I will double check though.

Comment

The reason I want to go the OpenMW route is because it's native to Mac. I don't own a Windows PC you see (although I can use W11 virtualised in a pinch for simpler stuff).

Looks like OpenMW just got a big update in the last few days and there are a lot of mods available for it so hopefully should be able to get a decent experience. I'm a noob with this stuff though so any advice on mods you're using that you're a particular fan of would be very welcome

Comment

Pixel Shader Style Water (requires MGE XE mode first).
                          Morrowind Code Patch
                          Morrowind optimization Patch
                          Landscape Retexture 1K

That's all I'm running and it looks great and I still get widescreen presentation and like a bajillion FPS.

Comment

Thanks Brad. Think I'll have to take a different approach unfortunately as I'm going with OpenMW and therefore MGE XE and the MCP aren't options.

Been digging into it yesterday and, oh boy, there are certainly no shortage of options when it comes to mods!

Aiming for a sort of vanilla with improved graphics + refined mechanics approach, so I'm going to start by making a custom list of mods to install I think. Total noob as I say so I will prob screw up the load order and dependencies, but, ya know, I'll give it a go

Comment

Good luck, and let me know what you end up with. I'm no pro; I did 10 minutes googling and chose what sounded good and just got started playing!

Comment

The name "Sonic Frontier" has been trademarked in Japan by Sega.

Comment

Working...
                                X