Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It can work - it just requires a bit of creative thinking on how to use it. For example the first person to get an ultimate achievement in a game will be the only person to ever have the ubergod xeon avatar title NFT.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      It can work - it just requires a bit of creative thinking on how to use it. For example the first person to get an ultimate achievement in a game will be the only person to ever have the ubergod xeon avatar title NFT.
      But what's the point of that being an NFT? Why can't the Sony or Microsoft system simply give them a special achievement, no blockchain required?

All of this stuff always feels like a solution looking for a problem.

Comment

Maybe not even news but I was playing Hitman and it got me thinking about what IOI's Bond game could be like. So they have a website and there's a bit here about the game that is not shown in their teaser reveal.

It's Bond, James Bond.

Project 007 (working title) is a brand new James Bond video game to be developed and published by IO Interactive.

Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world's favorite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.

IO Interactive is currently recruiting elite talent from around the world to join the team that will build out this exciting and unique gaming title.
        This was news to me! I was hoping for a best of Bond kind of package, where you pick your favourite Bond and play around on maps based on the movies, but I'll take this too.

Comment

There's already a system in place for migrating your game from one format to another, it's one that Rockstar, Bethesda and Nintendo have taken and perfected. It's a proven success too negating the need for digital licensing.
          It's called the Double Dip.

Hell, they've even successfully developed the Triple and Quadruple Dip.

EA's new franchise revival news:

Comment

Nintendo have even perfected the fabled 3 decade infinite dip.

Comment

Everyone is probably anticipating a 4K powerhouse machine for Switch 2 but after the shill Nintendo had with the GC>Wii it wouldn't surprise me if their R&D was focused on how to double dip the hardware itself again.

2025 - Introducing the SWiiTCH!

A hybrid handheld that you can now play motion control games with... underwater!

Comment

Comment

Let's put NFTs, Loot boxes and gambling all in one game. I want it linked directly to my bank account and bankrupt me within a week. I want children on it primarily, so as adults they have a major problem. And I want the government involved too, so it's taxed... But only taxing the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Let's put NFTs, Loot boxes and gambling all in one game. I want it linked directly to my bank account and bankrupt me within a week. I want children on it primarily, so as adults they have a major problem. And I want the government involved too, so it's taxed... But only taxing the players.
                    I think that's just the Ladbrokes app

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      I think that's just the Ladbrokes app
                      Yeah sounds good. If we can slap some kind of front end GUI on it that is 'game like' then we have the future of gaming right there.

Comment

The full fan translation English patch for PS1 racing RPG Racing Lagoon is now available. https://mobile.twitter.com/HilltopWo...07963960147986

Comment

Oh wow, that's so cool! I didn't know a fan translation was in the works, but I've always wanted to play that.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            Everyone is probably anticipating a 4K powerhouse machine for Switch 2 but after the shill Nintendo had with the GC>Wii it wouldn't surprise me if their R&D was focused on how to double dip the hardware itself again.
                            I’d be surprised. They already slightly improved the WiiU for the Switch.

I’m expecting something PS4 Pro spec, with basic RTX features. For 2024/2025 that doesn’t sound too far fetched.

Comment

So there is a Skyrim next gen update out for free now, which gives you 4k60, fishing and a survival mode. What more do you get if you buy the Anniversary edition? I'm confused.

Comment

“Next gen”.

Comment

Working...
                                X