X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£20? Well, at least they've figured out how to get those repair costs back

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      £20? Well, at least they've figured out how to get those repair costs back
      Dude, haven't you checked the specs? The paper is sourced from JAPAN! Not some cheap chinese paper!

Comment

Are they mocking what they put me through with that machine?!

Comment

They are. Too soon?

Comment

Definitely too soon. Those wounds run deep.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
              Microsoft are having some fun for the X Box's 20th annyversary...
              https://gear.xbox.com/collections/20...premium-poster
              That's brilliant! Now if only Sony would do one for dead PSX lasers . Oh and throw in the Mega CD too since they also suffered from dead lasers. Who made the Mega CD laser? Oh...... Right..

Comment

Sega fans: Mark Subotnik interview on The Retro Hour has an amazing reveal of an absolute dick move by Yuji Naka. Whole interview very good but Subotnik is known to be quite outspoken and this nugget was awesome I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  That's brilliant! Now if only Sony would do one for dead PSX lasers . Oh and throw in the Mega CD too since they also suffered from dead lasers. Who made the Mega CD laser? Oh...... Right..
                  Yeah the laser problem. Me and all my school mates all had the PlayStations upside down to work.

Comment

I had two 360s in its life and never saw the RROD once, #JustSaying

Somehow I feel like I missed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

I had two 360s and both ended up in the tip.

Comment

I'd be more inclined to laugh if the bloody things weren't still region locked. The Japanese 360 library is filled with gold, but it's going to be an ever-growing pain in the ass trying to maintain hardware to play them.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post

I'm in the same boat my X360 wasn't even new it was an arcade model i bought of crisp rapper when he was still a user on here, the spring has gone on the little usb port slot but it's never broken on me so far in fact it still works now never had a RROD problem at all with mine. The only thing i can say is the laser used to struggle when reading my GTAV disk but that's the only game it used to do it on and that disk was flawless no idea what was up with it was happy reading janky scratched up copies of other games so no idea why it hated GTA.

Comment

I'm still scarred by the RRoD and it was a huge factor in me moving away from the system. Why would I buy any multi-format game on the system when that risk was hanging over me? It's great that some people managed to avoid it but it was very common, All too common.

Comment

Yup it definitely was common as hell, they melted down more than a twitter user catching up on their morning feeds. Thankfully i avoided it somehow although saying that after the 360 i had zero interest in getting another microsoft console after all their tv tv tv crap of the one that came after.

Comment

Yep, I never really have the trouble with hardware many do and the 360 was RROD king. I had a phat PS3 yellow light (not a great gen for reliability) but 3 X360's konked out, terrible build quality on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X