Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Guinness World Record reinstated all of Billy Mitchell's previously disqualified world records from 1999 to 2010.

Comment

Does he understand what unanimous means? That's exactly the opposite of what happened, and why they gave him his records back.
      I've never heard of the guy tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Does he understand what unanimous means? That's exactly the opposite of what happened, and why they gave him his records back.
        His most famous achievement is creating a tabasco sauce the AVGN uses in one episode to beat the Transformers game on Famicom.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          Watch King of Kong. Or just know he's a massive doosh.

Comment

Is anyone getting the new Gundam Ex? I love the designs of all the games and the art, but with these and Virtual On I get the feeling of just running around for a few minutes a stage.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
              Is anyone getting the new Gundam Ex? I love the designs of all the games and the art, but with these and Virtual On I get the feeling of just running around for a few minutes a stage.
              I love the Vs Gundam series, but I stopped buying them when they stopped doing splitscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                The Guinness World Record reinstated all of Billy Mitchell's previously disqualified world records from 1999 to 2010.

The good thing about that is the saga isn't over. I wouldn't want the guy as a best friend but the gaming world is more interesting for having him in it. King of Kong is one of my favourite docs ... Mitchell is the ultimate bad guy and without that I wouldn't be punching the air for every victory Weibe has.

Comment

No more Mixer; Microsoft shutting down its Live Streaming service next month.

Microsoft shutting down its Mixer live streaming platform in July - Will partner with Facebook Gaming instead.

Microsoft will be shutting down its struggling video game live streaming platform Mixer on 22nd July and partnering with Facebook Gaming in its stead.

Mixer initially launched under the name Beam in 2016 and was rapidly acquired by Microsoft, who re-branded the platform with its current moniker the following year. However, despite the company's concerted efforts to boost the popularity of its service - which included signing up hugely popular Fortnite streamer Tyler "Ninja" Blevins as a Mixer exclusive in 2019 - its live streaming venture struggled against competition from Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook.

And now, less than a year on from the high-profile hiring of Blevins, Microsoft is ready to concede defeat in own live streaming efforts. Mixer will officially cease operations next month, and Mixer partners and streamers will transition to Facebook Gaming starting today.

Comment

Saw this being noted yesterday; folks moving from Twitch to escape Amazon to land up with Mixer now pushing them to Facebook is... ow.

Comment

Yea. Not nice for those working away trying to build a living on Mixer. The Shrouds/Ninja's just get even richer now.

A lot of people suggesting Facebook will be successful, but it feels like Twitch is just too dominant now (obviously I'm thinking about the western market). I can see YouTube Gaming remaining relevant or the number 2 given the mesh with it's core video uploads/content creators but I think everything else might be too late. And that really hit Mixer.

Comment

This is being reported by most places missing one key piece. Mixer is closing, but MS is also partnering with Facebook Gaming to promote xCloud.

I guess they poached Ninja to try and boost the numbers on Mixer for it to be a portal for xCloud when it launched officially but that has failed.

You'd assume this has everything to do with giving xCloud a big enough platform from which to soundly beat Stadia and everything else is secondary.

Comment

^ true. I suppose I was looking at it purely from the live steaming aspect, rather than the hooks into cloud gaming.

Comment

Interesting story here, a social media move calling for a day of no streaming tomorrow on Twitch to recognise the flood of sexual abuse, racism and rape/assualt allegations over the last few days.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-53164395

#Twitchblackout is trending today as streamers across the world ask people to avoid the site for a day.

They're calling for a blackout because they think the streaming site can do more to recognise victims of sexual and racial abuse.

Dozens of women have recently claimed they have been sexually assaulted by people in the gaming industry.

Twitch says it takes accusations of sexual harassment seriously.
                            Hard not to support this, given that Twitch and YouTube partners can seem to get away with anything and yet are still welcome on the platform.

Comment

Industry's abuse problem brought into focus by latest wave of allegations

Comment

What the **** is wrong with these people?

Comment

Working...
                                X