This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
    Literally the only reason CDPR are able to do it is because they made a metric ton of money on The Witcher and can easily afford to write off any additional development costs required to create PS5/Series X improvements, 505/Remedy can’t because Control sold like ****.
    Thank you.

Also, were not entitled to free upgrades, its a privilege, not a right.

Comment

No one kicked up a fuss when we had to buy Skyrim special edition or last of us remaster this generation. I'd expect companies to resell games with updated graphics. It's a nice bonus that some are free.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Thank you.

Yes but they said back in June they'd upgrade for next gen without elaborating that there would be a new ultimate version and that that was the only way it would be possible... So numpties like me went and bought the current version only to find out a few months later that wasn't included.

So yes it's a privilege but I think their messaging on this has been a complete **** show.

Then you get other see other developers manage it better and wonder how they screwed it up so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          No one kicked up a fuss when we had to buy Skyrim special edition or last of us remaster this generation. I'd expect companies to resell games with updated graphics. It's a nice bonus that some are free.
          Skyrim SE was free for PC owners of the original. Everyone else had the choice of coughing up.

But seriously, the amount of times they've ported that game without fixing its fundamental issues is pretty shocking. They'd rather add god rays, rain occlusion, and flowing water textures before fixing their many broken quests. The fact that they simply blew their textures up to 512/1024 resolution and claimed "all new HD textures" is beyond laughable. So yeah, at least for Skyrim there's plenty of complaining going on if you look into its community, rightly so.

TLoU:R is justified seeing as it makes such a huge benefit from updated hardware, actually had a little effort put into it, quickly made it to the bargain area... That, and I suppose because it's such a great game (although I'm far from being a fan).

Comment

Why patch it when the unofficial Skyrim patch mod does it better than they ever could I'm scared for Elder Scrolls VI though.

Comment

Make no mistake, Elder scrolls VI will be a buggy, GaaS, microtransation fueled mess.

Comment

Just give it a year, gauge community/Nexus reception, and then jump in with a set of mods.

Anything less than that and you're spoiling your enjoyment, I reckon.

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Thank you.

Take a deep breath and remind yourself of that the next time Super Mario Bros. releases at £44.99 to great commercial success.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                  Literally the only reason CDPR are able to do it is because they made a metric ton of money on The Witcher and can easily afford to write off any additional development costs required to create PS5/Series X improvements, 505/Remedy can’t because Control sold like ****.
                  Still, 505 Games handled it in the worst possible way. Some current generation owners will get a free upgrade while others won't. It'd have been less damaging if they had announced that Ultimate Edition for the upcoming consoles only with no upgrade paths, free or otherwise. Much like Skyrim or The Last of Us which caused no furore whatsoever when their remastered versions were announced.

Comment

Pocky & Rocky 3 in development: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/kiki...ced-for-switch

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                      Please don't say Pocky And Rocky. Sounds liken a crappy Saturday morning cartoon. Kikikaikai please

Comment

Comment

運転士はキミだ!PlayStation®4用ソフト『電車でGO!! はしろう山手線』公式サイト

Densha de Go PSVR, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            I haven't read it yet because I'm in a state of excited shock joy. Oh mamma! DDG and PSVR! Yuuuuuuus.

Last edited by hudson; 09-09-2020, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              OMG YASS, choo choo preorder in.

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                                Looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X