Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah it's definitely sharper and higher resolution but then it's also aimed at current gen and not next gen which is a major oversight for me this close to launch.

It will run at 4K30 on the One X but I want to know if that is locked or whether this would achieve 4K60 on the Series X... Like other backward compatibility has shown recently.

What helps is this is an utterly fantastic racing game that I played to death a decade ago and was upset the day the community moved on.

Here it has cross play across all four platforms... And so it will be bought... There's not much in the way of balls out arcade racers these days and this one has the pedigree.

Comment

Uppers is getting a western release on PC four years after being released on the Vita in Japan and Play Asia teasing a translated English version for years.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        Uppers is getting a western release on PC four years after being released on the Vita in Japan and Play Asia teasing a translated English version for years.
        Isn't that the fighter where landing blows causes girl's pants to explode off or something?

Something about pants?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Isn't that the fighter where landing blows causes girl's pants to explode off or something?

Something about pants?
          Kinda. There are girls lined along the limits of the fighting area, and if you land a blow strong enough onto your opponent and near the grls enough, you will lift their skirts and trigger a roulette that...I don't remember, I played it 4 years ago in Japanese.
          It's actually a decent game, the story is played for laughs, and it's better than all musou Senran kaguras and derived work like Valkyrie Drive. The game had abysmal sales figures in Japan, IIRC around 700 units in its first week.

Comment

IGN Copy/Pastes its FIFA 21 Switch review from last year's FIFA 20 review, because the game does the same: https://www.ign.com/articles/fifa-21...-switch-review

And yet there are still people defending EA, apparently it's Nintendo's fault for it not being next gen.
            Last edited by MartyG; 11-10-2020, 07:52.

Comment

Isn't Fifa just glorified DLC? It's the same game as last year with the new transfers and kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Isn't Fifa just glorified DLC? It's the same game as last year with the new transfers and kits.
                It quite literally is.

Admittedly, normally, it's not. Like it's easy to joke that football's the same and FIFA hasn't changed a lot in 10 years, but honestly, it's the same with Formula 1 or many other sports games. This year, though, it literally is just a minor update on top of what's basically the same game.

Comment

FIFA has been a joke for years but the fact EA is so lazy when it comes to switch is really pretty cheeky.

PES (or e-whatever its called now) isn't on the switch is it?

Comment

It doesn't even make sense. The Switch is a lucrative console. If this was a Wii U version, I would understand their reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      It doesn't even make sense. The Switch is a lucrative console. If this was a Wii U version, I would understand their reasoning.
                      FIFA's not about the game now, though - EA honestly don't give a **** about that. It's a vehicle to sell Ultimate Team, and while I'm guessing here, I would be willing to bet that the digital sales of things like that on Switch are a tiny fraction of the other platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                        My take is: Switch owners are less likely to buy the game and/or related DLC/lootboxes, and Youtubers/influencers will use the PC/other consoles version to do their stuff.
                        Therefore, EA allocate a minimal amount of resources to port the game to the console in order to maximize profits.

We can go on an on that such mentality will drive sales even lower, but EA shareholders don't really care for that.

Comment

Analogue teasing PC Engine Duo? https://twitter.com/analogue/status/...439273472?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                            I can't see the tweet but I hope you're right. It has to be full on SuperGrafx and Arcade Card compatible to do it properly.

Comment

Rockstar have bought Ruffian games.

Comment

Working...
                              X