Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only really like the first parts of Gran Turismo where you're messing around with old used cars. Once it starts being proper racing cars I quickly lose interest.

Comment

Rare worked on an XBLA conversion of GoldenEye but due to various reasons it never got release - well it ended up leaking online, although being able to play it may be a struggling without a modded Xbox 360

The cancelled GoldenEye 007 XBLA remaster has leaked online.The remaster, which we reported on over the weekend after a…

If you end up on the Internet Archive and search for it, chances are you might find it.

Digital Foundry did a "Let's Play" on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJm8WETXLZ0

Comment

Windjammers 2 and Steel Assault demos are available on Steam as part of their current game festival.

Comment

Barrage Fantasia coming for PC and Switch in March; looks neat.

Comment

As you may or may not know, there's some controversy about a series of Minecraft speedruns by the streamer Dream - his runs were incredibly lucky and this raised the question was it just too lucky for the game not to be modded in some fashion.

You may also know or not know that I'm a big fan of numbers and statistics, so I follow Stand-up Maths on YouTube - he's just done a video on How Lucky is Too Lucky? It specifcally deals with the odds of Dream's run and how unlikely these events are to occur.

Well worth a watch if this sort of thing facinates you too

Comment

I've never played Minecraft but I always thought it was all about user-created content...so what do you speedrun Minecraft for?

Comment

You can "win" Minecraft by defeating the Ender Dragon - the speedrun in the time to do that (as is explained in the above YT video).

Comment

Ah, thanks.

Comment

From what I understand, this Dreams feller creates some fun Minecraft content where he tries to kill the ender dragon while a bunch of his friends try to stop him from doing it. He uses cheats which up key item drop rates, so he can get on with making the youtube videos. But, he also thinks he's good and has submitted some of his runs to leaderboards, where he was rumbled for said cheats We live in a time where cheating for fame and fortune seems to be at an all time high, I believe there's a bunch of drama happening with call of duty too, with all the pros quitting 'cause the online tournaments are riddled with cheaters. Gotta love it.

Comment

Sony buys a 1.9% stake in From Software parent company.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                        Sony buys a 1.9% stake in From Software parent company.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...arent-company/
                        Ugh, great. Soulsborne from here to eternity. WHERE'S MY ARMORED CORE

Comment

Remember the big Nintendo leak? Using file names from this, folks have been able to identify the original source sound files from Super Mario World, leading to them putting the tracks back together with the uncompressed versions of these files.

YouTube playlist of them is here. A very odd listen; no doubt in my mind that these were all sequenced with the post-compression sound in mind, so this is less of a "how it's meant to sound" and more of a "here's slightly unsettlingly clean versions of songs you know".

Comment

That reminds me of the awful "arranged versions" we got of 16-bit music when CD game in.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Ugh, great. Soulsborne from here to eternity. WHERE'S MY ARMORED CORE
                              It's only a small stake in it and judging by the fact that From and Sony already have a close relationship I guess this just shores it up.
                              But yes, I want a next gen Armored Core.

Comment

A new interview with Akira Yamaoka talks about a new project he's involved in which he expects to be announced some time this Summer. His follow-up comment about it however is very vague, and is of course being interpreted as "OMG NEW SILENT HILL!".

During the interview, Yamaoka teased a new project that will “probably” be announced around Summer 2021. This came up in response to the question, “When are we going to see the next Akira Yamaoka project?”

While his answer didn’t contain many details, Yamaoka did hint that it could be an announcement that people might be looking forward to. At the very least, he implied that the interviewer, BoJrayed, would be happy to learn about the upcoming title. He stated, “I think it’s the one you’re hoping to hear about.” The interview was then uploaded to YouTube with the English title, “New Silent Hill Game?”

Comment

Working...
                                X