Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Available from Play-Asia, as Amazon Japan doesn't want to ship to the UK or Canada it seems.

Comment

Comment

that has me intrigued

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          I'm confident this will change back by 2023; the prices aren't sustainable.
          I think things will 2x to 10x by 2023, especially if they keep printing more money and dishing out more stimulus.

I would seriously consider storing my wealth in games rather than in precious metals at this point, and despite just picking up a MiSTer (and it genuinely being the best thing since being given a PC and a modem with unlimited internet at 16 years old) I'm having conversations with my wife about getting into collecting AES carts again.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            I think things will 2x to 10x by 2023, especially if they keep printing more money and dishing out more stimulus.

I would seriously consider storing my wealth in games rather than in precious metals at this point, and despite just picking up a MiSTer (and it genuinely being the best thing since being given a PC and a modem with unlimited internet at 16 years old) I'm having conversations with my wife about getting into collecting AES carts again.
            I just feel that COVID caused a lot of people who normally don't take an interest, who are somewhat housebound at present, to remember the good times back when they had a Dreamcast.

Once it's over and they're back to their regular lives, they'll start looking at those retro games taking up space, and decide to sell them, flooding the market.

Retro games will always rise in value because by definition they're becoming rarer, but I just think we're in a weird bubble at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              I just feel that COVID caused a lot of people who normally don't take an interest, who are somewhat housebound at present, to remember the good times back when they had a Dreamcast.

Once it's over and they're back to their regular lives, they'll start looking at those retro games taking up space, and decide to sell them, flooding the market.

Retro games will always rise in value because by definition they're becoming rarer, but I just think we're in a weird bubble at the mo.
              I don't necessarily agree with all of that.

Will said people look to flog their retro stuff on Flea-Bay? Sure. But they'll look to do so for the nonsense inflated prices that we've seen in recent times and they'll seek to justify it with whataboutery.

Inflated retro prices haven't decreased in recent years, they've increased. For me, there's nothing to suggest that will change, pandemic or not.

Comment

Exactly, Add to that the fact that all currencies are rapidly losing their value like never before.

House prices.
                £70 PlayStation games.
                Component shortages and thus hardware prices.
                Practically everything on eBay, not just retro games.
                Even the prices of our bread and milk have gone up 25% over two years, with my regular hourly rate taking a 20% slash.

I can't get rid of the cash I earn fast enough, at current. It's Hyperinflation City, and everywhere I look people just keep putting up with it because of Covid or whatever. Things will not go back to normal after everyone is in the clear because this is now the normal, and it's been that way for as long as I look back when I think about it.

A global pandemic really is the best scapegoat for just keeping calm and carrying on.

Comment

DeathSmiles I & II will launch on PS4, Switch, and XBO December 16.
                  Deathsmiles I & II will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch on December 16 in Japan, publisher and developer City Connection announced at Shooting Game Daikanshasai 2021.

And DoDonPachi Daouojo will receive a Switch port; no release date or extra features announced.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                    And DoDonPachi Daouojo will receive a Switch port; no release date or extra features announced.
                    Just to clarify, it's not 'proper' Dai Ou Jou, it's the DX (2005 smartphone) version which is coming to the G-Mode Archives+ line-up

Comment

Sorry, wrong post

Comment

Respawn Entertainment wins an Oscar. Bit of a watershed moment for gaming...

Comment

The Vita EDF games are coming to Switch.

Comment

The Castlevania: Resurrection Dreamcast build has been publicly released for download on the internet if you do a bit of Googling...

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                              I can't get rid of the cash I earn fast enough, at current.
                              Hang on, I'll send you my PayPal address.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                                The Castlevania: Resurrection Dreamcast build has been publicly released for download on the internet if you do a bit of Googling...
                                Awsome. I know what I'm doing tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X