Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Codemasters working in its 'biggest game yet'.
    My guess, now EA own it, is a racing game with cars locked behind Loot boxes, and a huge FUT style ****. The game will bomb and EA will close Codemasters.

After releasing DIRT 5, Codemasters is already working on a new AAA game and this one's the company's "most ambitious and biggest" project in over a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      My guess, now EA own it, is a racing game with cars locked behind Loot boxes, and a huge FUT style ****. The game will bomb and EA will close Codemasters.

https://exputer.com/news/games/codem...gest-aaa-game/
      I would tend to agree...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post

https://exputer.com/news/games/codem...gest-aaa-game/
        Statement checks out.

Comment

Living in Japan? Interested in making games? Maybe you've got some excellent ideas about some old franchise, specifically from Konami?

Well, here's the contest for you:

Because Konami cannot be arsed to develop actual games (maybe that's a good thing), they are now holding a contest where small Japanese developers can pick one of their franchises and create a game around it. A caveat is that whatever is developed will be confidentianl during and after the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            Living in Japan? Interested in making games? Maybe you've got some excellent ideas about some old franchise, specifically from Konami?

Well, here's the contest for you:

Because Konami cannot be arsed to develop actual games (maybe that's a good thing), they are now holding a contest where small Japanese developers can pick one of their franchises and create a game around it. A caveat is that whatever is developed will be confidentianl during and after the contest.
            OMG! I hope someone comes up with something good for a new Goemon game. I think this is probably the only way we’d get another one.

Comment

Take the following with a mountain-sized grain of salt: Rave Reviews compiled lists for the most hated brand, gaming brand, and tech brand (they also compiled a list for most hated fast food brands, but who cares).

The most hated brand is Sony, while Ubisoft takes the uneviable trophy for most hated gaming brand; a lot of people hate Microsoft, so it takes the first position as most hated tech brand.

The catch? This research is based on negative tweets, and so you have weird thing like Relic being the most hated software house in China, Uganda, and Kenya, or that everyone in Finland hates Ferrari (maybe it's F1 related? Who knows).

Comment

Relic is League of Legends and that not Counterstrike/overwatch game, both free and played by alot of people, probably get a ton of hate every patch in china.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  The catch? This research is based on negative tweets, and so you have weird thing like Relic being the most hated software house in China, Uganda, and Kenya, or that everyone in Finland hates Ferrari (maybe it's F1 related? Who knows).
                  Given EA doesn't even get a mention, I can only conclude that Twitter sentiment isn't a good source of accurate data.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                    Relic is League of Legends and that not Counterstrike/overwatch game, both free and played by alot of people, probably get a ton of hate every patch in china.
                    League of Legend is Riot Games. Relic is now best knonw for Company Of Heroes and Dawn Of War (and previously Homeworld).

Comment

Comment

EA will offer 2.5 billion and will microtransaction the soul out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          They probably got a report on how much ultimate teams makes in a week...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                            They probably got a report on how much ultimate teams makes in a week...
                            Yeah FIFA won't be doing this because they don't like the gambling system, they'll be asking for a Billion without the gambling and 2 billion with it, as long as they also get a slice.
                            Both EA and FIFA are corrupt.

Comment

There probably making a few hundred Million a month just from all the child gamblers.

Comment

Fascinating move as the owner of Resetera has sold the site to Moba Network for $4.5m

Moba is an esports based company that is just three years old and though I've no idea of the behind the scenes aspects it just feels odd to pay so much in 2021 for a site that is explicitly a gaming forum only. Not only that but the site is a four years old Copy/Paste job of the 22 year old NeoGaf born of a community reaction to a single incident. The idea of paying so much in this day and age for a site that is very much fighting against the dying of the light and not only has an identikit site available but is based on a community that has proven itself capable of up, leaving and relaunching quickly if the tide turns is just... well, hats off to the old owner!

Comment

Working...
                                X