Anticipating: July & August 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anticipating: July & August 2018

As ever, the list is no exhaustive so let us know if you're planning on picking up anything in the coming two months that isn't on the list above.

Same as always - What games do you plan on picking up in July and August?
    Red Faction Guerilla: Remastered
    0%
    Mushroom Wars 2
    0%
    Warhammer 40K Inquisitor: Martyr
    0%
    Earthfall
    0%
    Owlboy
    0%
    Octopath Traveller
    0%
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
    0%
    Sonic Mania Plus
    0%
    Mega Man X Legacy Collection
    0%
    The Banner Saga 3
    0%
    Sleep Tight
    0%
    Warioware Gold
    0%
    Okami HD Switch
    0%
    Madden NFL19
    0%
    World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth
    0%
    F1 2018
    0%
    PES 2019
    0%
    Yakuza Kiwami 2
    0%
    Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
    0%
    Strange Brigade
    0%
    Naruto nto Boruto: Shinobi Strike
    0%

Earthfall is the only one in that list that interests me.

I hope it's good as it's a potential Left4Dead replacement on current gen, which I played again recently and it's still great fun:

Comment

Slim summer pickings.

Comment

Not overly excited by that list ... slim pickings indeed. Hopefully Detroit and God of War will come down in price during that period, quite fancy playing those at some point.

Comment

Warioware Gold! Can't wait. Also, console release of Divinity Original Sin 2.

Comment

Shikondo Soul Eater and Psyvariar Delta for me. Might pick up Sonic ManiaPlus too.

Comment

Already purchased Battle for Azeroth earlier this year when they opened up the allied races. That said I've not desire for it atm, so July and August is try and catch up with the backlog and get to CP160 in ESO.

Comment

Came close to downloading Sonic Mania for Switch several times but I'm glad that I resisted. Will be picking up Mania Plus on release day.

Nothing else from the list of any real interest.

Comment

Octopath and Yakuza

Comment

Octopath Traveller, Kiwami 2 (eventually) and perhaps Okami HD. I might even play this version.

Comment

Come on Supes, you can't be expecting me to go and find out what system they're all on and what they all look like by myself, can you?

Comment

I’ll wait until the Mega Man X Collections are available for £20 for the pair on PSN, then I’ll bite.

I already have Sonic, but I’ll probably get a physical copy of Plus for the boy to take back to his Mum’s.

Comment

Only a few in there that i want, warioware is one i'll get it does retread some of the old microgames but im looking forward to seeing the graphics improved while still keeping that handmade basic look. Already ordered captain toad on 3DS and switch, went for japanese versions as it's a tenner cheaper the switch version looks like its multilingual as well from the looks of it as the japanese demo went to full english when i played it on my switch. Tempted by okami as well, its both a physical version and only £25 in japan, would be fun to have that one to take around with me as its a meaty adventure.

Not much else on that list, tried octopath and hated it. Crap voice acting and generic rpg mechanics i have seen done a million times before. Its only redeemable feature seems to be its 3D dot monster heroes miniature model graphical style, couldnt complete the demo as every time i heard them speak it made my ears bleed, had to turn it off. Weird that the jpn demo would use english voices but go figure, maybe the full game is better but who knows, the demo did a terrible job of enticing me to potentially buy. On the other hand captain toad did a great job, just a shame the demo is so short. I love the design of each stage i have seen so far, like little miniature models. Never had a wiiu so its all new to me, looks like there quite a bit in there to keep me going.
                          Last edited by importaku; 28-06-2018, 07:34.

Comment

Next time I'll put together a game breakdown though it may be lengthy given the time of year we'll be entering.

For me it's Octopath, I'm enjoying the updated demo, and possibly Captain Toad...

Comment

Captain Toad for Switch.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 so it can sit on the shelf next to 0 (20 hours in) and Kiwami 1 & Yakuza 6 (both still wrapped).

Comment

Working...
                              X