Grand Theft Auto VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    If anything, kids today have access to way more cool stuff than we did. Teenagers can hang out in 3D worlds together, racing cars or shooting each other or just chatting. I'm a little younger than some on here but the height of social technology sophistication in my teen years was was accessing MSN Messenger via a desktop PC. If we had been able to leap into GTA Online instead, you bet we would've done it.
    One of my relatives keeps asking me, whenever I see her, "why do all the kids at my son's school like all the crap you liked in the 90s?"

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      They don't do that because they're worried if they do, the comparison of revenue between them will basically kill the single-player component. Like it'll do for GTA what Battlefront did for Star Wars; make something so successful that stakeholders demand you drop everything else.

It has been suggested that GTAV is the most successful entertainment product ever.

It's made money comparable to World of Warcraft, the MCU and Pokemon. It's way further down the list than those franchises, but it can stand in the same chart - and the kicker is that Pokemon's success is split over tons of different products. There's no GTAV movie, no GTAV card game, very little merchandise. It's made those numbers and it's "just" a videogame.
      Has any film, game, album, even across multiple gens, done more numbers? And to think almost all those sales were near full price as apart from the brief online sales the physical copies never really dropped in price new.

Be interesting to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
        Has any film, game, album, even across multiple gens, done more numbers? And to think almost all those sales were near full price as apart from the brief online sales the physical copies never really dropped in price new.

Be interesting to find out.
        It's tricky, because GTA's success lies partially in all the game-as-a-service crap people have bought.

Minecraft has sold more.

But also, some games are difficult to quantify in terms of success. One of the biggest ever videogames - by far - is one that few people in the UK have ever heard of; CrossFire. That game was enormous in many territories where people don't conventionally buy videogames, but instead pay free-to-play stuff. It was never marketed here because those (often Korean) games rarely are, for demographic reasons. But it was huge in China, Korea, I think India too.

Comment

But GTA5 has quantified data of 180m copies sold, thats not including the online side. Has anything from any other media ever done more? I can’t really find anything to be honest.

Comment

I can't find anything either. I guess, if I were to be really nerdy... it could be argues GTAV hasn't actually sold 180m units. GTAV sold XXm units and then the next gen remaster sold XXm units and then the latest next-next gen barely an improvement enhanced editions sold XXm units

Nuts success regardless, similar to Nintendo with Mario Kart 8.

Maybe companies will just stop making new games and just rerelease the same handful of titles each gen to infinity

Comment

Take Two continues to predict 'record' results for its April 2024 to March 2025 financial year

Comment

Which is corporate speak for "we will release GTA6 (for the first time) during that period"...

Comment

Depression is... Thinking of how old you'll likely be when Rockstar launches GTA7

Comment

I reckon I've only got one more left in me... hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Please don't! Man that is depressing. I'm coming up 40 so easily 50 for GTA 7. Surely some developers at Rockstar are even more frustrated and just want to make a new game instead of GTA Online nonsense.

Comment

Lol... hey I hope I'm around to hit GTA double digits but who knows. I'm hitting 50 next year and they're managing one a decade at this stage.

Comment

Fans of the franchise have analysed the leaked gameplay of GTAVI to mine out all of the potential gameplay features it reveals. Bearing in mind none of this might make the final game, functions identified include:

-Luxury Cars featuring security locks that need to be bypassed
                          -Tools being required to break into cars and property
                          -Some events being triggered based on who you are playing as and other in the moment factors
                          -32 Player Lobbies
                          -Collectible Trucker Hats
                          -Ability to carry bodies
                          -Ability to lie prone
                          -Talking system from RDR2
                          -Male character has RDR2 eagle eye ability, female character can hack
                          -Money laundering side game
                          -CCTV network
                          -Horses

Comment

A fake certification story is doing the rounds, despite that though Late 2024 still seems a likely target

Comment

GTA 6 has hyper realistic new animation system reveals Rockstar patent (msn.com)
                              A patent about locomotion animation has a slight chance of being the only tidbits rabid fans glean for GTAVI this month despite having built themselves up into a frenzy expecting the games reveal this month based on fan theories

Laugh is, even if it was revealed there'd be little cause to get excited as Rockstar have often revealed titles only for the actual release date to fall two years later. If that happened here then Grand Theft Auto VI would release in 2026

Comment

Rockstar To Announce GTA 6 This Week? - Dark Horizons
                                The hype train never stops as Bloomberg reports that they have heard GTA6 will be announced potentially next week

Comment

Working...
                                X