No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's more "DON'T YOU DARE DEVIATE FROM MISSION" and even more walking and talking they lent super hard into with RDR2, i'll will be skipping as it not like the open world is fun anymore, any replayability will be locked into GTAonline and i'm not touching that.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      -More serious tone in line with RDR2 rather than GTA5

More serious tone always leads to the weaker GTAs
      I agree. Gta 5 was fantastic. Never laughed so much at a game and n my life. All 3 main character were fantastic, each with their own personality.

Comment

A supposedly reliable leaker has detailed that GTA6 is targeting release in 2025, a full 12 years after the previous entry, and will be set in modern day Vice City. The intention is also to have the game map updated over time in a similar manner to how Fortnite's map is. GTA7 in 2040 anyone?

Comment

GTA7 will be a nice retirement gift...

Comment

Ancient as I am, I still look to games for exciting new experiences. The idea of designing a game from the outset as a foundation and financial ecosystem for many year's worth of repetitive content is something that loses my interest before it's even started. Also, I believe the GTAs parked their humour with Vice City and San Andreas, replacing it with a grindingly shallow cynical tone that now I just find tiring.

Comment

Hmm it's like they are designing a mission editor for themselves and they will be drip fed on a weekly basis. I am pretty hooked on Forza Horizon but the never ending nature of it is a bit overwhelming at times.

Comment

Jesus, 2025.

The Fortnite map thing is pretty much what I'd expect for the online component and it makes sense.

I just hope it has a really robust single player game in there too. That's the bit I'm interested in.

Comment

I wish they had two teams with one working on GTA Online as it's own separate game and the other on single player entries. The bowing down to GTA Online is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    The bowing down to GTA Online is insane.
                    "insane"?

In 2020, 'GTA V' generated about $ 1 billion in revenue

Comment

Insane that people are paying that much for shark dollars to buy digital tat that can be turned off at any time.

Still, whatever makes you happy I suppose.

So long as it doesn't end up impacting GTA6 single player (as it didn't for GTA5).

Comment

I was suggesting that I don't think it's "insane" of Rockstar to focus on the Online side when in 2020 it generated a billion dollars in revenue.

Legally required picture:

As for the Shark cards, there are some pretty fun toys to play with on GTA Online and pre-Cayo Perico Heist, it was quite a slog to make enough for each one, so can understand why people might want to cut a corner.

I've never bought one, but can see the attraction.

Comment

Not insane in terms of them supporting it, more that they are dismissing a massive portion of their audience at its expense. By the time GTA6 arrives - assuming the 2025 date is accurate and it doesn't slip further as Rockstar game often do - some of its players will be experiencing it having been being born when GTA5 came out. It taps into past conversations about the games performance and how much of it is equalised by the studios low output as in 2020 Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone

Made nearly $2bn in revenue. Activision has effectively waded into the same waters as Rockstar but not forgone the other sectors of its market either, costs need deducting for making more new content but they've likely made a lot more money since 2013 despite not milking a reliance on one entry. It's the Half-Life problem in effect, whether a studio taking an overly long time to produce another entry ends up doing more harm than good to fan anticipation. I want GTA6 but it feels more out of frustration at this point rather than excitement

Comment

Yes I agree. GTA 5 is an insane money maker but the strategy they've undertaken for it is not the only viable one. I think there is definitely a possible world where they have made more actual content or games and made even more cash.

But I see where QC is coming from. It does make total sense that they've milked this cash cow as long as possible.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition
                            By the time GTA6 arrives - assuming the 2025 date is accurate and it doesn't slip further as Rockstar game often do - some of its players will be experiencing it having been being born when GTA5 came out.

I refuse to believe this is scientifically possible.
                            Last edited by wakka; 30-06-2021, 14:57.

Comment

Dan Houser appears to have started his own games company. He should make GTA style games that are unique by... releasing.

Comment

His games would be unique if they had character movement, driving controls and gunplay that didn't suck. Not managed it so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X