No announcement yet.

Streets of rage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd agree the animation looks pretty good, but those stages look really lifeless. I'm going to assume the silhouettes have to be a grown up skate swapping a skateboard for a guitar and a beefed up Zan, looking like some sort mix between Zan and Max.

Comment

Good animation but, yeah, not much going on in the stages is there? It feels less dense than the older games. Some of the backgrounds aren’t much to write home about either.

Unsure now but I’ll almost certainly still grab it.

Comment

Yeah; I'll agree, the stages seem the weakest aspect right now, and it looks like it plays exactly like Streets of Rage II with the addition of juggle combos. The original is still a great game, and games like Fight'n'Rage exist.

I personally like the animation style. It's totally different, but I don't mind that; it doesn't replace the originals, it's just different.

Comment

Once the health bars, scores etc have been added in the screen won’t look as bare. I’m still not totally convinced by the art style but if the gameplay is there I’m in.

Comment

Looks great! But more importantly, I liked the music enough that I looped the video about five times.

Comment

I'm sure it'll be as short a stint job as the others for me but I'm in the 'looks great' boat still

Comment

Looks rubbish and like a Mobile Flash game. Horrible art direction too what on earth was SEGA thinking.

Comment

Everytime I see this it looks worse to me. The character movement looks jagged and sluggish and I can't help but think the hitboxes look off.
                  I have said this before but why the hell is Axel close to 300lbs now?

Comment

Coz he's been slacking off for 20 years

Comment

Looking at that poster art for the game, it seems to suggest three more ‘playable’ participants in the background, which are darkened out.

I don’t think the final game will be as sparse in on screen content. IMO The footage looks bare, so that they can show off some of the play mechanics, like team juggling of enemy AI.

Looks good so far for me.

Comment

Is the shadow on the right going to end up being the old man from SOR3?

Comment

I'm not blown away by it, but I'm sure I'll get this as long as the gameplay doesn't turn out to be terrible. I'm sure it'll look great in 4K too!

Comment

Still confident I’ll like this.

Comment

I think it looks decent, fun, like I said not as 'night time' as I like and the levels look a tad bare at the mo but beta phase innit. Am confident it will be fun in the same way as the Strider reboot was. And I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

Comment

Some footage from BitSummit 2019 which is a Japanese indie game festival, June 1st - 2nd.

Last edited by Family Fry; 03-06-2019, 06:21.

Comment

Working...
                                X