No announcement yet.

Streets of rage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. In fact in still images it really reminds me of my daughters sticker books.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Saw something today which reminded me of the art discussions over this:

<shudder>
      That's horrifying.

Comment

Comment

Looks wicked!

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Still looks meh to me.

And it's gotta be a complete and utter non-starter if Yuzo Koshiro isn't doing the BGM for this, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Still looks meh to me.
                It still looks like something made in one of those 'comic book creation' programs from the 90s, where you paste clipart into scenes.

As much as some people think it looks quality, to my eyes there's something very cheap about the style. It just looks amateurish. I think it could have looked far nicer with a more ambitious 2D style that doesn't give a jarring clipart vibe.

As much as some people defend the style, I think really skilled artists could deliver a style that feels more organic and appealing. But maybe that would be harder work -- and therefore lead to a longer, more expensive development schedule. Sadly, I don't think any publisher would want to put a huge amount of money into a game like this,

Comment

It would be great to have the clip art conversation again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    We can only go there... if you want to.

I'm not a fan of how the game looks, but some people think it looks good. I think it will definitely divide opinion. I'm not that bothered about it really, but of course I'd be happy if the game had a style that I find more appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      No. No it would not.

Comment

If it's enjoyable then fair enough but it looks like ass.

Comment

I will buy this when the price drops below £8. That's all this is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                            It still looks like something made in one of those 'comic book creation' programs from the 90s, where you paste clipart into scenes.
                            Agreed looks like crap and a Mobile Flash game and also nothing like the classic Streets of Rage series. The gfx is poor and so is the new Art Direction

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              As much as some people defend the style, I think really skilled artists could deliver a style that feels more organic and appealing. But maybe that would be harder work -- and therefore lead to a longer, more expensive development schedule. Sadly, I don't think any publisher would want to put a huge amount of money into a game like this,
                              Bating, surely?

I think these artists are skilled, and are working hard.

Comment

Yeah, we've been through this and he has no idea about the skill involved and seems to want to remain uninformed. Best leave him to it.

I really like the style of the effects work in that gif. Also there are some quite clever lighting tricks happening on the characters that I'm not even sure how they have done. I'd need to frame by frame it to see if they are being activated by the BG elements.

Comment

Working...
                                X