SNK new game announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNK new game announcement

Famed fighting game developer SNK is due to announce a new title later today at the pre-TGS show due to be held by SCE Asia (I think the scheduled time of the unveiling is 7:00pm which should be around 11:00am for those of us in the UK). There's a site with a countdown timer and the tag 'A New Dawn Rises' underneath today's date (and what appear to be islands slowly being unveiled in the background) at the link below:

SAMURAI REBOOT 剣戟対戦格闘の最高峰、SAMURAI SPIRITS(サムライスピリッツ) 装いも新たに見参!

Ardent fans like myself are speculating its a new entry in one of SNK's famed series (Garou: MOTW, Samurai Spirits or the KOF being some of the popular guesses) but its not yet confirmed whether this is a continuation of an older franchise or an entirely new IP.

My trolling self thinks it'll be a smartphone game collection for the Switch (SNK normally throw a press release out for that sort of thing without any build up though). Hopefully its actually something great that will be playable/promoted further at TGS next week.
    Last edited by Paddy; 10-09-2018, 06:57.

I'd like another Samurai Shodown.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      My trolling self thinks it'll be a smartphone game collection for the Switch (SNK normally throw a press release out for that sort of thing without any build up though).
      That's straight where my mind went...

Comment

Samurai Shodown VIII

And I'm pretty confident on that one which means I'll be wrong. It's been rumoured since KoFXIV first came out and it's the most logical choice.
        They could do something like Fatal Fury but that series has been pretty redundant since KoF hit full steam and the Garou sequel rumours always smelt of niche fan hopes rather than a project that would ever make financial sense. I'm doubtful of something like Metal Slug either as I think a sequel to that would end up being something more SNK Tag budgeted. I know SNK wants to rebuild its brands but it needs a couple of hits under its belt first so if it's not King of Fighters XV then Samurai makes the most sense.

Comment

If you go to main page https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/ it says Samurai spirits coming 2019

Comment

Thread title change on isle three and a victory dance for me

Comment

That looks a Major Step up graphics wise to Kof XIV

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                I'd like another Samurai Shodown.
                You clearly didn't play Samurai Shodown Sen. Embarrassment of a video game.

Comment

Street Fighter IV: Samurai Spirits.

Comment

I just want this game to be good. That's all. Samurai Spirits is probably my favourite fighting game series. Hope they don't screw this up.
                    Last edited by DaytimeDreamer; 10-09-2018, 20:30.

Comment

Would much rather The Last Blade 3, to be totally honest.

Samurai Spirits/Shodown has long had its day and I say that as somebody who loved the first two games in the franchise. It jumped the shark a LONG time ago and The Last Blade games are miles better.

Comment

I think it looks good, but I'm just not a big fan of these 2.5D fighters. I'm sure this has been referenced before, but this article (http://www.dinofarmgames.com/a-pixel...ces-pixel-art/) makes some good points, particular the Chun-Li part.

Comment

I'm with [MENTION=2970]Nu-Eclipse[/MENTION] on this one and would've preferred a Last Blade, BUT, I hope they find a market with this latest SS and it brings a return to many of the great SNK franchises. I'll buy it as long as it's decent, not that I'm a huge fan of the series, but in the hope that it leads to more of what I want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                            You clearly didn't play Samurai Shodown Sen. Embarrassment of a video game.
                            Yeah let's hope that doesn't happen again? Swiftly traded back in with that one.

Comment

Graphics look so much like SFIV its unreal, excited about this though im feeling potential. Everytime a new KOF is announced my eyes roll.

Comment

Working...
                              X