X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillai View Post
    That's terrible!
    What about the JAP version, I wonder...
    I would have thought they'd be 60Hz. If they did manage to serve the Japanese unit with some 50Hz PAL ISOs I'd be highly amused though!

Comment

Digital Foundary have a first impressions article up and there seems to be performance issues even with NTSC-U games...

Something's up with the Sony PlayStation Classic - what should be a celebration of a truly iconic console is compromise…

Comment

Re using European version games even on the US unit, does it have anything to do with language support? Perhaps wanting as many supported languages as possible lead to someone unaware of the technicalities to use European builds instead.

Edit: Digfox suggested it first!

Comment

This is the reason people pirate or hack their consoles in the first place...
          Cause if you live in PAL land, you are royally screwed over whether it's slowdown, phat borders or massive delays when games finally get released in the UK.
          And don't get me started on games that don't get released over here!!

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
            This is the reason people pirate or hack their consoles in the first place...
            Cause if you live in PAL land, you are royally screwed over whether it's slowdown, phat borders or massive delays when games finally get released in the UK.
            And don't get me started on games that don't get released over here!!
            WHAT YEAR IS THIS?!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              WHAT YEAR IS THIS?!
              Hahaha

Obviously I'm still living in the 90's!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                WHAT YEAR IS THIS?!
                *screams*

Comment

Perhaps this was Sony's master plan; to fully bring back the feel of late-90s gaming by stirring up the PAL/NTSC conversation again.

Comment

Maybe the hardware isn’t powerful enough to emulate some of the more challenging games as 60fps?

More likely is they want same device for US and Euro and the US versions don’t have Spanish support, as someone suggested earlier. What a cock up.

Comment

There shouldn't be any excuses with the hardware, it's running a quad core Arm Cortex-A35 processor at 1.5 GHz with PowerVR GE8300 GPU on the SoC and it's outputting at 720P.

It has 16GB of storage in there too, so unless ISOs can be removed easily, there's not going to be a lot of room for adding new stuff, assuming it ends up being hackable.

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      20 games + 2 for FF7's 3 discs 700MB = 15,400MB. It'll have 16GBs with the system and saves taking up the spare 600MBs.
                      Because when you're right, you're right
                      Last edited by MartyG; 03-12-2018, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                        There shouldn't be any excuses with the hardware, it's running a quad core Arm Cortex-A35 processor at 1.5 GHz with PowerVR GE8300 GPU on the SoC and it's outputting at 720P.

It has 16GB of storage in there too, so unless ISOs can be removed easily, there's not going to be a lot of room for adding new stuff, assuming it ends up being hackable.
                        So if you know the hardware, I have a question - is it actually a PlaystationTV in there? That was the theory up until recently.

Comment

It's certainly something very similar, the PSTV uses a quad core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore processor and a quad Core SGX543MP4+ GPU - the A9 is an older CPU core than the A35 and are on different architectures, ARMv7-A vs ARMv8-A
                          Last edited by MartyG; 28-11-2018, 20:29.

Comment

Absolutely mental that Sony appear to have somehow found a way to make an absolute mess of this from top to bottom.

Comment

Indeed. Could have been 20 built in games with a memory card and wifi to download more from their PS1 store that ALREADY EXISTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                                Indeed. Could have been 20 built in games with a memory card and wifi to download more from their PS1 store that ALREADY EXISTS!!!
                                Yeah, one with access to the PlayStation Store would have been great. Basically a PlayStation TV in a different case. As has already been said, it's amazing how they're messed it up so bad. I think it must be apathy ... an assumption we'll all buy it, even if they do the bare minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X