• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always forget how and end up having to Google it

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      I always forget how and end up having to Google it
      When I see someone doing something cool on here like embedding videos, I quote their post and it shows the code.

Comment

Huh, so there are emulation options if you plug in a USB keyboard and hit Esc.

Source.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Sony saying they did that on purpose as an easter egg for inquisitive minds.

Comment

I thought PCSX was a open source Windows PSX emulator? XD

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
              Huh, so there are emulation options if you plug in a USB keyboard and hit Esc.

Source.

Bloody hell. Sony are pathetic for keeping that in. Still, at least the user can now have scan lines.

Comment

If they left it in, why not make a feature of it? This really does feel half-assed.

Comment

Because someone will change the video output mode, get a black screen, and call Sony support or hashtag them on Twitter.

#OpenGLGate will become a thing.

"Keyboards are not a supported form of input for Sony(R) PlayStation(TM) Classic(TM)."

Comment

You jest, but I wouldn't be surprised at different render engines being listed in the menu and the libraries being removed on the storage - anyone want to try it?

Comment

Gamer's Nexus have done a tear-down video

As you can see from the circuit board, there is no expansion port on the classic, it's simply just a pattern in the case plastic.
                      Last edited by MartyG; 04-12-2018, 13:07.

Comment

Someone has done a RetroPi PS Classic image - embarrassing that the Pi is doing a better job of playing PS1 games than your official release.

It also looks like it won't be long before the system is hacked - there's a unpopulated USB header on the main board which shows up as a USB device when plugged into Windows. Given the performance of the emulator however, hacking it might not be worthwhile anyway.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 04-12-2018, 19:25.

Comment

How come the PSP could emulate PS1 games well despite its specs?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            How come the PSP could emulate PS1 games well despite its specs?
                            Similar PS1 tech is in the PSP hardware, I believe. Also the case with the Vita and PSTV, unless I'm mistaken.

Comment

Some of the PSP hardware is from the same line of architecture as the PS1 so can run partial code natively. It was also done in house by Sony themselves I believe.

Comment

Ya, MIPS just like the PS1. This device is ARM based, of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X