No announcement yet.

Playstation Classic announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calm down ffs. Shared, cherished and enjoyed? At least one of those games involves fighting a kangaroo and a panda. They’re not losing their value by being wrapped in a cute box.

Comment

Not that I'm interested in one, but man, if those five mentioned games are supposed to cause excitement..........they've failed. (For me at least)

Comment

They should do an “eBay darlings” edition; Rakugaki Showtime, Harmful Park, Zanac x Zanac, Little Ralph, Suikoden 1/2...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
          Not that I'm interested in one, but man, if those five mentioned games are supposed to cause excitement..........they've failed. (For me at least)

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Well, they look ancient. Why would anyone play them?

Comment

Also I can see the jaggies.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                They should do an “eBay darlings” edition; Rakugaki Showtime, Harmful Park, Zanac x Zanac, Little Ralph, Suikoden 1/2...

You have my interest.

Comment

Microsofts digging tweet about this pretty much sums up MS this entire gen - I appreciate the intent but another own goal

That and it's also false advertising to an extent

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    They should do an “eBay darlings” edition;
                    More like 'Games Worth Playing" edition.

When it comes to the price, it's definitely far too inflated. Only including 20 games is also ridiculous, even if ISOs take up more space than 8 & 16-bit roms. It's like Sony found it hard to think of games to include on the system. I think anyone who knows about the PS1 library could easily choose 30 games that include hits and other gems. Of course, Sony needs to license some games but you'd still expect at least 30 titles, seeing the PS1 library is huge and diverse.

If it ends up being easily hackable with a reasonable amount of extra storage space, I might be tempted to buy one because the emulation should be rock solid. But I have a feeling Sony is going to lock this system down like Fort Knox.

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION], the Pi takes care of most of that rare stuff ... this is more about mainstream nostalgia. I'm in. But I love the SNES Mini too: just about the right blend of convenience and authenticity. I'm glad it set the bar fairly high in terms of quality too ... hopefully Sony's Classic will be on par. Really looking forward to it.

Comment

To early a system for me no giant enemy crab technology, i'm out.

Comment

Aside from Jumping Flash, which is godawful but I guess historically relevant in the same way Sega keeps including Altered Beast in collections, out of the five games four seem like absolute classics to me so I have few concerns about the games list yet. Definitely curious to see what gets added though. I'll make a prediction list in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            this is more about mainstream nostalgia.
                            I wonder if Sony are going to add filters so you get graphics "how you remember them", or just raw graphics that turn the nostalgia into...

I just don't think many mainstream gamers could cope with how raw and filthy PS1 graphics look these days. That's one thing I'm not worried about though, as it's all part of the charm of going back to old stuff. I can easily get in the 'retro zone' and enjoy PS1 graphics, but if lots of gamers can't, Sony better be providing graphic filters.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Aside from Jumping Flash, which is godawful
                            I still love it!
                            Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-09-2018, 14:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              More like 'Games Worth Playing" edition.

When it comes to the price, it's definitely far too inflated. Only including 20 games is also ridiculous, even if ISOs take up more space than 8 & 16-bit roms. It's like Sony found it hard to think of games to include on the system. I think anyone who knows about the PS1 library could easily choose 30 games that include hits and other gems. Of course, Sony needs to license some games but you'd still expect at least 30 titles, seeing the PS1 library is huge and diverse.

If it ends up being easily hackable with a reasonable amount of extra storage space, I might be tempted to buy one because the emulation should be rock solid. But I have a feeling Sony is going to lock this system down like Fort Knox.
                              20 games + 2 for FF7's 3 discs 700MB = 15,400MB. It'll have 16GBs with the system and saves taking up the spare 600MBs.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                It'll have 16GBs with the system and saves taking up the spare 600MBs.
                                If it is 16GB, it shows that Sony are really trying to maximise profits. Only including 20 games would make sense in the context of choosing 16GB storage. Sony will probably still securely lock the system though. I still think someone will hack it and we'll be able to somehow put loads of still relevant PS1 games on it
                                Last edited by Leon Retro; 19-09-2018, 14:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X