Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly but the original Gameboy is famous for taking all sorts of punishment and still being playable.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      Strongest was the Gamecube wasn't it? Or is it just me remembering that youtube video from years back where they tried to kill one a ton of ways?
      No Nintendo hardware is tougher than the original DMG-001 Game Boy

Comment

It’s all been sturdy. The GBA, the Wiimotes, the OG DS, the lot. Even the WiiU was a chunky, reliable monkey. The Switch, not so much.

I think the simplicity of the hardware helped, but it’s amazing how many NES, Famicom and SNES run perfectly well today (not to mention their Sega equivalents).

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          It’s all been sturdy. The GBA, the Wiimotes, the OG DS, the lot. Even the WiiU was a chunky, reliable monkey.
          None of those have, to our knowledge, survived a literal wartime bombing like the aforementioned DMG-001, but yes they have been relatively sturdy.

i would argue that this has diminished over time though, coincidentally alongside Nintendo's customer service which used to be quality but is now pretty much a pile of sh1t.
          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 29-12-2019, 22:13.

Comment

I bomb all my hardware to check sturdiness. The only thing that hasn’t survived is the Game.com, and the 360, which worked but wouldn’t play DVDs any more.

Comment

You only think the Game.com hasn't survived. Tiger Electronics made a pact with the Devil on that one so it'll still linger spiritually if not physically.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                I think the simplicity of the hardware helped, but it’s amazing how many NES, Famicom and SNES run perfectly well today (not to mention their Sega equivalents).
                I make a slight concession for the Megadrive, SNES and the like, because those machines had no moving parts. Not that this makes them any less hardy in a practical sense.

The Switch is definitely Nintendo's weakest machine; maybe up there with the DS Lite*.

*for the record, the day I sold my DS Lite, it looked pretty much just as good as the day I bought it ~5 years earlier. However, in the years since, I've seen so many with scratched screens, scratched casings and broken hinges that I've got to admit that they're a bit fragile.

Comment

In their Happy Holidays Greeting Today, TX Dropped a Bombshell of a Teaser Video Never say Impossible, as it seems Team-Xecuter has done the impossible, as their Happy Holidays Greeting comes with a jaw-dropping video! :) Happy holidays season from everyone at Team-Xecuter! We rocked the...

A near two year effort to ringfence Switch hacking with the release of the firmware fuse burnouts, Mariko and Lite crumbles as the first proof of the Lite being hacked emerges. This will take Mariko down too meaning once again the entire hardware line is compromised.

Comment

I thought the NES with the extended cartridge slot and weird security chip is a pile of crap?

Comment

Hey lovely folk,

I have seen box copies of ESP.Ra.De surface on the old switcharoo, but nothing on the uk estore... When will it grace us?

Wish I had pre ordered now

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        https://gbatemp.net/threads/tx-demos...h-lite.555133/

A near two year effort to ringfence Switch hacking with the release of the firmware fuse burnouts, Mariko and Lite crumbles as the first proof of the Lite being hacked emerges. This will take Mariko down too meaning once again the entire hardware line is compromised.
                        Looks like its going to be a mod chip which is a bit of a pain as you need a high level of skill to work on the Switch internals.

Comment

The Nintendo decline started with the wiiu. The dodgy connection problems between the gamepad and the main unit was the start of it. Rapid acceleration into crapdom by the switch with poor left joycon connections, cracking, drifting left thumbsticks that STILL CONTINUE TO BE AN ISSUE, and bloody awful battery life too. Hope they can up their game next time out!

Comment

Not sure I can be bothered with the Switch anymore

Looking at the release schedule for this year and it appears pretty barren with only Animal Crossing with a firm date.

I've played most of the big 1st party titles I want and there's only really a couple that have roxxored my boxxors.

eShop just seems to be filled.with loads of awful looking mobile games.with the monetisation aspects patched out.

Keep an eye on the sales threads if you want a Switch.

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
                              Hey lovely folk,

I have seen box copies of ESP.Ra.De surface on the old switcharoo, but nothing on the uk estore... When will it grace us?

Wish I had pre ordered now

Cheers
                              I'm not sure if it's ever been confirmed for the west, but stranger things have happened? It's up on Japanese digital storefronts for PS4 as well, if that helps in any way.
                              Last edited by fuse; 03-01-2020, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                eShop just seems to be filled.with loads of awful looking mobile games.with the monetisation aspects patched out.
                                This is one area in which I am very disappointed with Nintendo this generation, even as a fan, on the level that I was annoyed about the 3DS region locking. They need to exert more quality control and allow for better filtering.

A huge improvement would be to have a reverse-wishlist; a "never going to buy this, not ever, don't ever show me this" list I can add stuff to... But it shouldn't be necessary. There's loads of stuff on the store which is simply sub-par.

Comment

Working...
                                X