Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't mind so much if the store was quick, easy to navigate and clearly sectioned games off or featured games well. But it's not any of those things. I feel like there are probably a few real gems buried in that shovelware but finding them is a nightmare and I reckon it probably does some devs a disservice the way they are all just lumped in like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      The Nintendo decline started with the wiiu. The dodgy connection problems between the gamepad and the main unit was the start of it. Rapid acceleration into crapdom by the switch with poor left joycon connections, cracking, drifting left thumbsticks that STILL CONTINUE TO BE AN ISSUE, and bloody awful battery life too. Hope they can up their game next time out!
      Its the worst console for build quality in recent memory. It looks like an object that will fall apart with just a stern look. Mines surviving only because its never removed from the dock and i use a pro controller.

As a piece of hardware its total crap.

Comment

You have to admire the consistency the eShop has: both the console and website versions are utter cack.
        Sony made a decent website but still ballsed up the console version.

Comment

The Switch is definitely a fragile console. My launch model is still pretty much perfect but my 11-yr old son's (bought Christmas 2018) is trashed. Still operational but joy cons are all over the place, it's bent, and the screen protector shows just how hammered the screen would be from docking scuffs if it wasn't there.

But I think the games are some of the best ever made. And I get those good Nintendo vibes I haven't had since the 90s.

Comment

Agreed build quality is pretty turd. The UI is largely horse **** too. Why are most of my games shelved away in sub menus? I forget I even have half the stuff I do which isn't great when, like most of us, I have a backlog as long as the M25. I haven't experienced any drift but that's because I used the joycons about 5 times before relegating them to the sides of the console for good and sticking with the pro controllers, or Gamecube controllers for Smash. The constant fart arsing about with controllers is a pain though and I'm surprised no-one at Nintendo hasn't had the brainwave that people just want to play the cool stuff they make without spending 15 minutes being told the 30 ways I can play something with a flimsy strip of child-sized plastic.

Having played the Wii U a lot recently I think I actually marginally prefer that, but Odyssey is a joy I can't play anywhere else, as is the Touryst and any other first party title not already on the U. And the new Animal Crossing is a must buy for me. Breath of the Wild does feel slicker on Nintendo's china-fragile unit too.

I reckon my Switch hardware will give out before my original Super Famicom though...although I'm not sure that'll be from overuse.
            Last edited by Escape-To-88; 04-01-2020, 22:31.
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE hits the Switch in 12 days. Did anyone play it on Wii-U? Is it worth picking up?

Comment

Full review & thread.

Comment

I came in with low expectations and ended up enjoying it a lot. You've got to have some tolerance for the saccharine-sweet setting and the whole idol thing, but it's graphic and sound design are great if you can deal with that. The underlying combat is good, and even though more traditional aspects like gear are massively slimmed down, it adds new things at a more relaxed pace to keep the fights interesting as you get further in. It's up there as one of my favourite WiiU exclusives.
                  Last edited by fuse; 06-01-2020, 11:44.

Comment

Cheers fellas. It's definitely up my street but having sat on it for a while, I'm going to hold off and stick with playing through the mountain of game I already own.

Comment

Maybe this will be a yearly thing, but as posted on ResetEra, rumours of a new Switch Hardware Revision due in mid-2020.

Nintendo is reportedly planning to release in mid-2020 a new model of Switch, which will begin volume production at the end of first-quarter 2020, according to sources from the related upstream supply chain.

Digitimes claims the new Switch will come with a magnesium alloy body (instead of plastic). Another claim is that the device will come with a better CPU.

Comment

A lot of Pro speculation but people forget that, with Nintendo, a revision (like the Lite or like the 2DS) can just as likely be a downgrade rather than an upgrade. Features can vanish in the next model.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox
                          Digitimes claims the new Switch will come with a magnesium alloy body (instead of plastic).

Nintendo have obviously been reading this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            A lot of Pro speculation but people forget that, with Nintendo, a revision (like the Lite or like the 2DS) can just as likely be a downgrade rather than an upgrade. Features can vanish in the next model.
                            Indeed. I think there are just a group that are clamouring for any hope of a more powerful Switch.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                            Nintendo have obviously been reading this thread.[/FONT][/COLOR]
                            Oops, I've not been paying attention. Did someone here suggest this then?

Comment

Everyone has been moaning (not unfairly) about the build quality

Comment

If it’s not called Switch Up I’m not bothered 🤨

Comment

Working...
                                X